The Falkirk FC Thread

On 08/07/2024 at 12:15, Zanetti said:

Food prices at Hampden for our games are the same as when Scotland play so unlikely!

Fair point, there's not a lot in it though 

Hampden

Hotdog £6.50
Kebab Pie £4.50
Steak Pie £4.10
Macaroni Pie £3.60
Bovril/ Tea £3.30 
Juice £3.60

Falkirk
Hotdog £5.50
Kebab/ Steak/ Macaroni Pie £4.00 
Bovril/ Tea/ Juice £3.00

At least you've got a captive audience of 52k for Scotland games at Hampden. We'll probably have about a tenth of that this season 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:88 A NEW DAY IS DAWNING

🔵 New Signings discussed ✍🏻
⚪️ New Kits reviewed 👕
🔵 Preview Dundee United (H) with Fiona Balsillie 🍊
⚪️ Paul Robertson joins us to talk about the new “Untouchables” book & how you can WIN a copy📕
🔵 Falkirk Daft Live dates confirmed 🎤
⚪️ @PieSportsScot Comp winner announced 🥧

Brought to you in association with Behind The Wall - The social experience & Falkirk FFIT T8’s who are back on board for the new season 🤝🏼

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

7A6C2A73-3D43-40E8-802E-4A29C50DE453.thumb.jpeg.c2f29f129d8c1499285bad985db5358a.jpeg

unless I missed it there was no mention of Gordon Wright's untimely passing? he was a guest on the podcast only a couple of episodes ago and was a big part of what's happening at the club. hopefully you have something planned in future episodes i hope this is the case

35 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

unless I missed it there was no mention of Gordon Wright's untimely passing? he was a guest on the podcast only a couple of episodes ago and was a big part of what's happening at the club. hopefully you have something planned in future episodes i hope this is the case

Absolutely. We put a heartfelt post on our socials at the time of his passing and will remember Gordon and the other Bairns who’ve passed away just before the season begins as we normally do. We’ll reach out for names to be sent in too of those we aren’t aware of. 

We also put a remembrance post out for Craig Gowans this week in isolation as we have done in recent years. 

Edited to add: I’d like to see the club do an official remembrance before a match every summer for Bairns who passed away the previous season/during the close season. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

12 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

In the absence of Lang and Donaldson, we have Mackie, Hendo, Adams, and MacIver that can all fill in at CB (not counting the lad Sinclair).
In the striker position, in the absence of MacIver, we have Shanley, Allan, Oliver, and at a hard push any one of Alfie, McKenna, Miller, Morrison, Nesbitt or Ross could play up top if we were completely desperate.

Based on that unscientific assessment I think we need bringing in a CB.

There's a difference between having people who can fill in at CB and having someone whose actually good at it.   Mackie, Hendo, Adams, MacIvor at CB and we'll leak goals (maybe harsh on Hendo but would still like better).  I'd like us to sign a first choice CB to properly compete with Lang and Donaldson. 

Same up front, Shanley or Allan are poor substitutes for MacIvor.  We need someone properly decent to offer competition.  

Been covered before but had we not resigned Shanley, Oliver and (arguably) Mackie then we'd have the funds for at least 1.  

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Been covered before but had we not resigned Shanley, Oliver and (arguably) Mackie then we'd have the funds for at least 1.  

Indeed but then we'd have a really thin squad if this superstar were to get injured! 🤕

McGlynn hasn't resigned any of these guys because of sentiment and he has the right to be trusted, at the moment, that it was the correct call.

43 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

There's a difference between having people who can fill in at CB and having someone whose actually good at it.   Mackie, Hendo, Adams, MacIvor at CB and we'll leak goals (maybe harsh on Hendo but would still like better).  I'd like us to sign a first choice CB to properly compete with Lang and Donaldson. 

Same up front, Shanley or Allan are poor substitutes for MacIvor.  We need someone properly decent to offer competition.  

Extremely harsh on Mackie, who was excellent at the tail end of the season. The fact that he can cover two positions means that his extension was completely justified IMO.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Extremely harsh on Mackie, who was excellent at the tail end of the season. The fact that he can cover two positions means that his extension was completely justified IMO.

Mackie was in terrific form when he  got the gig when our defence was weakened. 

The only player I wouldn't have resigned is Gary Oliver, especially with McKenna coming in. Even with him being a cheap option and almost certainly having limited involvement from the bench, his wage could've been better spent elsewhere imo 

I think most thought we were a bit short on numbers at the back and the injuries to Donaldson, Lang and McCann have brought that into sharp focus.

Looks like Jordan Allan is off back to Clyde on loan which was always on the cards 

Reckon we'll bring in a defender and a striker now, maybe both on loan but probably not before the League Cup games