The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

One from well out was dubious if it was even going in but sneddon put it wide at the near post so no you shouldn't really have scored 4.  Anyone that watches the highlights can see we dominated the game . Yes means nothing but gives us confidence that when we play you on our patch we have nothing to fear.

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Confirms he hasn't watched the highlights and is misremembering what actually happened if they were there 🫥

I wasn’t counting Henderson’s free kick. 

Ethan Walker had an attempt saved at close range as well as fluffing one just before and Dowds had one off the post in the same attack. Any of those three chances could’ve just as easily gone in as the chances you’re claiming as imaginary goals. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

4 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Who cares how many passes you had or how many times you hit the bar?  

You got beat 1 - 0, nil points, nada.  

Of course but the performance for me at this stage was encouraging in that we more than matched a team with a bigger budget that have been in this league for a good few years.  Both sides should be in and around 4th or 5th place I'd expect on this showing which is more than acceptable.

2 hours ago, Roboccop said:

. I sat in front of someone who moaned constantly second half , shouting at McGlynn and I was expecting boos from him  at the end. We need to realise we’re not going to win every game this year.

This ^^^^

Sorry but we have some rockets that follow us. Genuine criticism I have no issues with, but heard a shout not long after Morrison cracked the post to substitute him. What a fckn zoomer.

3 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

It's like this all the time. Wait for an actual league match thread.

eyes staring GIF

Last I looked this was the Falkirk thread. God knows why anyone who supports another club is  bothered about the  content on here. Match threads different story.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Last I looked this was the Falkirk thread. God knows why anyone who supports another club is  bothered about the content on here. Match threads different story.

CB diamonds a total weirdo tbf, once sat on here for 3 hours watching the recently browsed section for my name. Then called me out for not responding to him 🤣

22 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Who cares how many passes you had or how many times you hit the bar?  

You got beat 1 - 0, nil points, nada.  

They even had a much larger number of fuckwits that took a beating outside at the end. 

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

This reminds me of one of the bonuses of league one. No interlopers stinking out  your threads after games 

Well done on not understanding how public forums work. 

We’ll let you guys get back to patting yourselves on the back and talking about possession stats. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ll let you guys get back to patting yourselves on the back and talking about possession stats. 

Since your so fond of downplaying last nights match how about we agree that playing at home, you narrowly defeated a newly promoted side and leave it at that 🤷‍♂️.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

CB diamonds a total weirdo tbf, once sat on here for 3 hours watching the recently browsed section for my name. Then called me out for not responding to him 🤣

Let's just file that, like many other of your contributions, under the "well that's not what happened at all" banner. 😘

X

36 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I understand fully how they work yet have absolutely no interest in hanging about the Ayr thread talking about games.  Match threads are more than enough for the two sets of fans to discuss the game between themselves.  Absolutely no need to carry it on in here. No problem with fans coming on to discuss players , ask for advice or chat about other Falkirk related stuff.

Edited by Shodwall cat

“Didn’t dominate” 🥴Just had every single stat in our favour which would suggest we did in fact dominate that game. Doesn’t matter though the scoreline is all that matters however it does suggest our performance levels are where they need to be. 

As for the budget chat it clearly is an indication and a big factor. We could upgrade in some positions ie Gary Oliver, Sean Mackie (arguably), the goalkeeper and Ryan Shanley. We should be aiming for the likes of Stone, Oakley etc who would strengthen us considerably but we can’t. I’m almost certain had we had Oakley in our team last night we’d have won that. 

Dare I say it, we need to replace Lang IMO. He’s our starting centre half but he cannot be relied on with his injury record. It reminds me of Peter Grant after his ACL injury. It just reoccurs frequently. He’s played one game and he’s out indefinitely again. 

IMG_6810.jpeg

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Bad time to admit I sit watching for your name on the recently browsed?

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think his post actually confirms that he does know how they work. Read it again.

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I never thought we'd be accused of being "hammer throwers🤨 - Quite pleasing to see we've rattled a few of them 😁

I get the impression some opposing fans think we're here to make up the numbers 🫤

I get the impression that too many Falkirk fans think we're here to make up the numbers.

Talk of consolidation, etc, and somebody last night even asking Ayr fans if we are in any danger of relegation. Seriously? What an idiotic question.

Our team has pretty much been in place for a season, during which time they have played very, very well.

In the past few months, we've twice deservedly thumped Dundee United - the team who easily won the Championship last season. Even when the team was still gelling last year, they drew away to Thistle when they scored a late equaliser, and won at Ayr, and last night we could and should have won again but for poor/unlucky finishing, some good goalkeeping/defending, a bad goal lost and a disgraceful refereeing performance that favoured our opponents - no penalty for their defender juggling the ball in the first half, and no yellow card for the guy scything down Morrison on the halfway line. That was the most obvious yellow card of the night yet ref didn't give it - a point Morrison clearly made to him every time he booked a Falkirk player for much less afterwards.

So that's two of the fancied teams and the team who won the title last season. The bottom line is that there is nothing for Falkirk to fear in this division and the sooner all of our fans adopt that mindset, the better.

I am not saying absolutely everything in our garden is rosy. I still think we are a striker short, I don't think either of our goalkeepers can be fully trusted, and - whether you like it or not - neither can McGlynn. He rightly got the plaudits for last season, but I still think we were all lucky that McGinn was injured for most of it, or at least until the team was settled and winning, otherwise McGinn would have played many more games and slowed everything down the way he did the previous season, rather than Spencer and Nesbitt driving us forward at every opportunity. The lack of a decent goalkeeper could turn out to be our Achilles heel, and people have already pointed out that McGlynn was far too slow to make changes last night.

Most fans seem to think seven or eight teams can win the Championship this year but I think it is down to three or four - and we are one of them.

Talk of consolidation or relegation is nonsense. Apart from anything else, around 1000 fans haven't either bought a season ticket for the first time or renewed after years of having given one up, just to accept mid-table mediocrity, or worse. The momentum built up last season could very quickly be lost, as could those 1000 or so extra season ticket-holders. For that reason, challenging for promotion this season is every bit as vital as going up was last season.

I see a Bills going through Westminster to setup a football watchdog for the English game. I’d presume the new regulator would also have jurisdiction over Scottish Football too, or hope the Scottish Parliament would look to setup a Scottish equivalent. IMO a watchdog is desperately needed to call out the cartel that is the Scottish Premiership and those in power at the SPFL. They could start by investigating the unfair barrier to promotion of enforced grass pitches costing clubs millions to install. 💡

5BA71137-15FA-4722-83F7-71715F64D0EE.jpeg

Edited by GunnerBairn