The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d be amazed if McGlynn was interested after leaving previously. Anyway he’s got unfinished business here which he is certainly capable of delivering……..

Also remember John has a long contract they would have to buy out and that would be costly

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Don’t think any of us would be surprised if RR haven’t already made contact with the club, and most likely Airdrie to test the water. They wouldn’t be doing there job if not. Wouldn’t be surprised if McCall would be in the mix for keeping Clyde up last season. 

Post on Twitter saying McCabe doesn't have the necessary coaching badges for a top job and also he had a fallout with Fordyce who is his cousin.

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 13.26.49.png

19 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

He sort of threw the players under the bus a bit yesterday and I did wonder if there were issues in the dressing room.

These days you’re out the door if it gets to that stage.

Hopefully leads to a period of turmoil for them but suspect they’ll chuck money to get McCabe in which would be a a good appointment obviously.

If McCabe is a target and he has any sense he’ll leave well alone. If they can do that to Murray I’d imagine they’ll take no prisoners if things don’t go well. 
They’ve invested heavily so obviously shitting themselves…. Deserve all they get!!

Only signed a 3 year deal in December.  Timing seems absolutely nuts. If they've been rotten since the turn of the year why did they let him sign all these players and then sack him after one league game. This is the issue when you have owners pumping cash into a club. Sudden panic decisions when they see their cash bring pished down the drain.

LoveActually-1wf4rsd2c-e1717503459809-940x564.jpg

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Post on Twitter saying McCabe doesn't have the necessary coaching badges for a top job and also he had a fallout with Fordyce who is his cousin.

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 13.26.49.png

Gives him a year to get the required badges though so can't see that being an issue. Didn't harm Naismith's chances at hearts. As for Fordyce teams dont pick and choose their managers on whether they get on with individual players or not. Hartley and loy for instance.

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Whit? Mcglynn is not welcomed there after the Goodwillie incident 

Didn’t the BOD all disperse after the GW incident. Thought they had a new BOD now. Anyway nothing would surprise me in football. 

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Don’t think any of us would be surprised if RR haven’t already made contact with the club, and most likely Airdrie to test the water. They wouldn’t be doing there job if not. Wouldn’t be surprised if McCall would be in the mix for keeping Clyde up last season. 

No chance McCall is anywhere near a big job again 

39 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Whit? Mcglynn is not welcomed there after the Goodwillie incident 

Not sure it was all Mcglynns doing that 

8 minutes ago, BPM said:

Of course not all but I think a lot of the fans associate him with that moment so much that they would never dare reappoint. Especially after this pretty controversial sacking 

25 minutes ago, BPM said:

Correct , was a board member , and said board member was given his jotters for it for the  debacle and public outcry it caused to RR . Nothing to do with McGlynn

Edited by deano25ffc

The only two reasons why McGlynn would even consider leaving us for Kirkcaldy are if they offered him a massive pay rise or if he felt their squad was significantly better than ours. Cant see either of those happening.

17 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

The only two reasons why McGlynn would even consider leaving us for Kirkcaldy are if they offered him a massive pay rise or if he felt their squad was significantly better than ours. Cant see either of those happening.

Agree. We finally have stability at our club and McGlynns stock is so high he knows even if we lose a few this season the board and fans will remain behind him on the whole.

Would be crazy to move to a club with unrealistic expectations of promotion inside his first season….

Edited by roman_bairn

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Agree. We finally have stability at our club and McGlynns stock is so high he knows even if we lose a few this season the fans will remain behind him on the whole.

Would be crazy to move to a club with unrealistic expectations of promotion inside his first season….

He has been key tbf of where we are, before McGlynn, we had no stability and no direction, no identity as the style of play, he has a steady team with a squad that respects him and want to play for him. He has a fanbase that backs him barring a couple of numpties. He would be giving that up to go back to square one.  

It's a totally different kettle of fish when you look at Jeffries he left us to go to his boyhood club, McGlynn has no affinity as such a connection with Raith and pretty sure a good few of their support really don't rate him as a manager or think that high of him Goodwillie caper or not.

1 hour ago, deano25ffc said:

Correct , was a board member , and said board member was given his jotters for it for the  debacle and public outcry it caused to RR . Nothing to do with McGlynn

Not even close. McGlynn was the driving force behind the Goodwillie deal. The then BoD could have stopped it but it was all McGlynn.

McGlynn isn’t the kind of manager who would let a board sign a player he wasn’t 100% behind

Edited by Enigma

On 31/07/2024 at 20:32, Blame Me said:

... and the subtext that Ian Murray is a tactical genius in comparison to someone like McGlynn had me miffed.

I can concede that I and McGuigan probably have our blinkers on!

This has aged much better than I ever could have hoped! 😆 👋

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

As for the Norrie chat - we need to self police.  When songs start up they need booed and shouted down

I think it's a mixture of everything required. SLO, JS on the QT if they have influence and a catch-all statement from the club this week just as a reminder that misbehaviour and/or tragedy chanting is unacceptable.

We think and hope we'll be better than them on the park but let's definitely be better than them off the park.

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It should be remembered that Norrie McCathie as the Pars Captain castigated in no uncertain terms the racial abuse dished out by an element of the Pars support towards Richard Cadette when the Bairns played at East End Park.

Decent human being and a credit to his club.

So let's have none of this disrespect. So if anybody starts that abuse near you - get them telt and shouted down.

This needs nipped in the bud.

100% correct, but you're pissing in the wind if you think this is stopping any time soon. It's been going on for years and years and years and any shouting down of it by other Falkirk fans in the vicinity is met with a volley of abuse from a bunch of immature wee fannies who were not even alive when McCathie - on more than one occasion and at the height of the rivalry with Dunfermline, a million times more intense than it is nowadays -called out his own support in the national media for their treatment of Richard Cadette.

There was very audible hissing coming from the South Stand during the latter part of the first half on Friday and I sit right at the very back of the MS. Could hear it loud and clear. And is was not just one or two. Sadly, it will be a hell of a lot worse at EE on Saturday and is nothing short of an ongoing disgrace and embarrassment. In short, despicable.