The Falkirk FC Thread

Very encouraging that all of our first-11 front men (and Sean Mackie) have found the back of the net after two games. Hopefully bodes well for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Pk given for the foul on Tait. Watch the ref point to it

Limbs. Scenes. Hendo with his back to goal before Cal's penalty... 😍 Some boi.  Best though is the NOISE coming from our end right to the back of the NM stand.  Choke on it, ya Fife tinks 🥳😎🤣

Think when you look at the Pars situation it highlights how any outside investment has to be the right type. I don’t know the full ins and outs of the German investment but I believe they were in the hands of the fans and then took the German money. I know they are building a training centre in Rosyth I think it is, but their squad looks thin and listening to their fans they sound like us a few years back. 

At least now with us if things aren’t going great there is a sense of being in it together and all pulling in the same direction. This has been the best feeling at the club in my 50 years of supporting the club. There are very few negatives just now. You know it’s going good when the price of a pie is all our at times fickle fans are grumping about. Long may it continue.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Very delayed decision if it is mate. He only points to the spot after MacIver is fouled. 

Look at where he is pointing with his right hand - directly at the Tait incident. 100% was the foul on Tait. 

29 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think when you look at the Pars situation it highlights how any outside investment has to be the right type. I don’t know the full ins and outs of the German investment but I believe they were in the hands of the fans and then took the German money. I know they are building a training centre in Rosyth I think it is, but their squad looks thin and listening to their fans they sound like us a few years back. 

At least now with us if things aren’t going great there is a sense of being in it together and all pulling in the same direction. This has been the best feeling at the club in my 50 years of supporting the club. There are very few negatives just now. You know it’s going good when the price of a pie is all our at times fickle fans are grumping about. Long may it continue.

I think at this level, unless there are real fans of the club involved in a takeover/investing in the club you really need to proceed with caution. I think that’s why a lot of Rovers fans are so behind our new owners as some of them really are life long rovers fans.

11 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think it's more teams trying their best to minimise the two wingers. Hopefully once Nesbitt comes back into the starting lineup we start to see a bit of a difference from them x 

I think it will be fine when we play teams who set up as a flat back 4. QP and Dunfermline prefer the 352/532 formation but I don’t think many others in the league do so we should be fine against them

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think at this level, unless there are real fans of the club involved in a takeover/investing in the club you really need to proceed with caution. I think that’s why a lot of Rovers fans are so behind our new owners as some of them really are life long rovers fans.

Falkirk’s constitution has been set up in such a way that the “fans” (FSS and Patron group) between them own about 45% of the shares. You only need 25% to stop any major unwanted changes at the club. The set up was thought through properly to ensure the club was protected. I am confident too that if/when we get investment we will have done as much DD before putting any proposal to shareholders. Any investor at Falkirk will only be able to roughly get 33% of the club

Not the best game of football yesterday but a well deserved win. Everyone played well, but Maciver and Adams really stood out. Think Oliver deserves a mention too- different player to Nesbitt but used his experience well.

A big thing for me is that we’ve won our first two games without really being at our very best. There’s still more to come from us if we can be a bit more clinical and get Morrison back to his best.

26 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I think it will be fine when we play teams who set up as a flat back 4. QP and Dunfermline prefer the 352/532 formation but I don’t think many others in the league do so we should be fine against them

If it gets to the stage as you suggest when Falkirk turn up with 'This is how we play, what you going to do about it' Then opposition teams chop and change line ups and formations to deal with it all well and good.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I'm still concerned about marking the posts at corner kicks 

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Very encouraging that all of our first-11 front men (and Sean Mackie) have found the back of the net after two games. Hopefully bodes well for the rest of the season.

Hopefully has done Morrison the world of good.

Bizarrely for such a good player you can see he still looked, to me, like he needed a confidence boost this season despite his stellar campaign last season.

Once he's fully fit, as I also think he's still getting up-to-speed, he'll start ripping it up again 🤩

51 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Hopefully has done Morrison the world of good.

Bizarrely for such a good player you can see he still looked, to me, like he needed a confidence boost this season despite his stellar campaign last season.

Once he's fully fit, as I also think he's still getting up-to-speed, he'll start ripping it up again 🤩

In both games so far, his sprinting speed has looked less than it has in the past. Hoping thats purely a getting up to speed thing. 

Anyone else look at the rest of the clubs in this league and for once feel we have the stability we needed for years then you look at this situations at

QP - Lesser Hampden caper,
Raith - sacking Murray after 90 mins of the season,
Airdrie - Uncertainty around McCabe possibly being approached by Raith and the humping by Ayr,
Livvy _ Just for being Livvy
Accies - Players not getting paid and new strip fiasco.

Dunfermline - Boardroom, Manager and team

You look at that and think thank f**k its not us anymore.

14 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Anyone else look at the rest of the clubs in this league and for once feel we have the stability we needed for years then you look at this situations at

QP - Lesser Hampden caper,
Raith - sacking Murray after 90 mins of the season,
Airdrie - Uncertainty around McCabe possibly being approached by Raith and the humping by Ayr,
Livvy _ Just for being Livvy
Accies - Players not getting paid and new strip fiasco.

Dunfermline - Boardroom, Manager and team

You look at that and think thank f**k its not us anymore.

Exactly. But we’re only ever one bit of bad luck or poor decision away from it again. We need to be relentless in maintaining standards. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder if we will get another retro offering from O’Neills this season. The yellow matchwinner Cadette at Ibrox or the light blue/navy blue chessboard would get me to part with my pennies.

The Spall Blue on Blue vertical stripe (coasters) top was another good one