The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, North West said:

No, I wasn't there. But I'm happy 😂 

TOTAL RAGIN ^^^ 

Glad to see you've had a good day today, have to take them when they come eh? Especially when they are so rare. Just a shame you're more focused on our team than your own but small wins. Keep the chin up, things will look up soon. 

Weird game but not at all bothered about not going through. League needs to be the priority with the size of our squad. Shanley should go out on loan so we can get a replacement that better competes with MacIver. Excellent showing on why he is so crucial and I'm in actual fear of him getting injured

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

Weird game but not at all bothered about not going through. League needs to be the priority with the size of our squad. Shanley should go out on loan so we can get a replacement that better competes with MacIver. Excellent showing on why he is so crucial and I'm in actual fear of him getting injured

Spot on that was his chance today to show us what he could do. Nowhere near good enough.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It certainly highlighted the fact that no way is shanley good enough to be MacIvers backup. Doesn't look fit and falls down far too often not to mention his bloody penalty. Why Tait wasn't taking it is beyond me but with Spencer pulling up in the warm up you've got to think that it wasnt going to be our day. Loads of chances and we were rock solid at the back . Never looked like losing a goal with stenny having one shot from open play all game. Not seen the red card but Hendo has never been an overly dirty player so I'd be surprised if it was deliberate. Their pen looked like a blatant dive . Ref then tops it off by having the pens taken as far away from the paying supporters as possible. You really couldn't make it up.

It’s a toss of the coin decides the end . Be aware of the rules before spouting nonsense . 
Gutsy performance from Stenny and for all your talented squad you need to put the ball in the net . 
Bit of credit would be welcome as we kept our heads and scored 5 well taken penalties.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

You are bothered let’s be honest . Or are you now too big a club for these competitions. Sure it took you about 10 years to get back to the championship so spare me the rubbish 

6 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Which games is Hendo suspensed for? 

I think @Skyline Drifter said with this new comet system it’s so inflexible that suspensions cannot carry between tournaments so will be for the next diddy cup  match  we play in which will be in about 20 years time. 

4 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

It’s a toss of the coin decides the end . Be aware of the rules before spouting nonsense . 
Gutsy performance from Stenny and for all your talented squad you need to put the ball in the net . 
Bit of credit would be welcome as we kept our heads and scored 5 well taken penalties.

Yes but referees often won't allow a toss of the coin for various reasons . Safety etc.  I've been at games where that's happened many a time.In this case surely taking the pens where the paying customers are is a complete no brainer instead of into an empty end. I'd give you credit for your pens but that apart stenny I thought were bloody awful. Hardly got out your own half even against ten.  The luck went with you today and that just happens sometimes. It was our time  to draw this week and get beat on pens.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes but referees often won't allow a toss of the coin for various reasons . Safety etc.  I've been at games where that's happened many a time.In this case surely taking the pens where the paying customers are is a complete no brainer instead of into an empty end.

Nonsense so you want to gain an advantage for no reason ??

Edited by Ataboy
Add

5 minutes ago, Ataboy said:

Nonsense so you want to gain an advantage for no reason ??

Hey if there was stenny fans up the other end then fair enough but it's not our fault that you only have enough for your main stand. In that case take the pens where the paying public get a good view of them.  You're the home team at the end of the day you should have all the advantage you need already.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Mental how little luck we've had in cup matches over the last two years. Enough chances to win 5 games today despite the changes and even with 10 men didnt look like giving away a chance never mind conceding a goal

Not remotely fussed though as long as the league points continue to roll in