The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Looks like the O’Neills interview has landed well which is great. Paul is a brilliant guy and worth a listen if you haven’t already. 

We chatted about: 

🤝🏼 Partnership with @FalkirkFC & @GreavesSports 
👕 Kit designs chat
⚔️ Next heritage kit? 
👴🏼 Retro Kits, which one is next?
📈 Who sells more kit…Falkirk, Thistle or Ayr?
& much, much more…

🎙️EP:97 BRING ON THE CELTIC!

IMG_1975.thumb.jpeg.0ef60e9d6adbfdd3e2ad4fe1f5da16d1.jpeg

It was an excellent insight. Not sure if anyone feedback to you the McGlynn interview didn’t appear ?

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Was just looking something up on better meddle there from the 86/87 season and there's a video of the Celtic game at Brockville. Alan McInally fouls Jim Dempsey in our box, so, obviously that's a Celtic penalty. Have a look, it's in the 2nd half. (McClair missed it but the b*****ds still managed to win 1-0.)

And the game when Jimmy Gilmour scored his famous winner their goal to make it one each was a penalty for handball given when it was at least a yard outside the box. Was speaking to Jim Kerr about that incident a few weeks back. He had some great stories regarding the season he was with us.

32 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

And the game when Jimmy Gilmour scored his famous winner their goal to make it one each was a penalty for handball given when it was at least a yard outside the box. Was speaking to Jim Kerr about that incident a few weeks back. He had some great stories regarding the season he was with us.

That has to be the most obvious non-penalty of all time!! If only VAR had existed back then, they would have, err, given it!

It makes sense, he's doing a fantastic job, however, I'm the same, I can't see it, he's built a team here. If he goes to st Johnstone he's in an instant relegation fight and has a bunch of players he's not signed. Unless St Johnstone are offering mega bucks I can't see it. 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

It makes sense, he's doing a fantastic job, however, I'm the same, I can't see it, he's built a team here. If he goes to st Johnstone he's in an instant relegation fight and has a bunch of players he's not signed. Unless St Johnstone are offering mega bucks I can't see it. 

I don't think it would make much sense for him to move. The only reason would be money IMO.

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Jeffries.& McCall 

How on earth can you compare Dundee United and Hearts to st Johnstone?! Other than them being in the same division these situations are completely incomparable! Dundee United were blowing other clubs in Scotland away money wise at that time with Eddie Thomson bankrolling everything and Hearts are the 3rd biggest club in the country with the fan base and budget to match. St Johnstone have none of these advantages to offer and are now bookies favourites to be relegated! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.