The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Really good performance so far. No point again pointing out how much we miss MacIver .  It is what it is.

Dominated the game and played some nice stuff at times.

Finally break the deadlock and then lose a goal to their first shot on target. Disappointing.

Pretty much covered but feels like a defeat. Dominated most of the game, with an absolutely outstanding show from Spencer/Tait. Need to nail the three points on Friday. MacIver/Replacement argument been flogged to death, but guessing like 99% of the support praying  he’s back on the date advised by JM and not the transfer window opening.

Q1 - 20 points - Top of the league.

Thank you very much.

End of.

This is not the time or place for criticism or negativity on a superb achievement for all those on and off the park.

In my 60+ years in supporting Falkirk the only other comparable turnround in the club's fortunes and the support solidly behind the manager and players is such a short space of time is the Willie Cunningham era.

Can’t be unhappy being two points clear after an injury ravaged first quarter but can’t help thinking we should be even further ahead.

Going by what we’ve seen so far all those opposition fans who were desperate to tell us we would struggle in the Championship were talking out of their arses.

Only team to look halfway decent were Livingston and they were handicapped by their wee clown of a manager.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Q1 - 20 points - Top of the league.

Thank you very much.

End of.

This is not the time or place for criticism or negativity on a superb achievement for all those on and off the park.

In my 60+ years in supporting Falkirk the only other comparable turnround in the club's fortunes and the support solidly behind the manager and players is such a short space of time is the Willie Cunningham era.

Well said. Going to be plenty of draws (and a few defeats) along the way for any team that wins the league. 

As JMG said all along, it's fine margins.

We switched off for a second and got punished and it was only at the fag end of the game when we looked less than impressive.

We have been superb and thoroughly looking forward to next week and the next quarter.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Pretty much covered but feels like a defeat. Dominated most of the game, with an absolutely outstanding show from Spencer/Tait. Need to nail the three points on Friday. MacIver/Replacement argument been flogged to death, but guessing like 99% of the support praying  he’s back on the date advised by JM and not the transfer window opening.

We have had 20 shots on goal today without him. Not sure we missed him much today - piss poor finishing caused that. The chance Nesbitt missed early on was criminal. How it is not a PK when miller got pulled down first half is beyond me 

4 minutes ago, BPM said:

We have had 20 shots on goal today without him. Not sure we missed him much today - piss poor finishing caused that. The chance Nesbitt missed early on was criminal. How it is not a PK when miller got pulled down first half is beyond me 

I watched on Thistle TV and even their commentators said it was a foul but the ref has given Thistle the benefit of the doubt. What is this benefit of the doubt pish, is that the same as linesmen that give decisions they just don’t see. They say these things even themselves out, I look forward to that starting in our favour.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

20 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This is not the time or place for criticism or negativity

Don't see any of that tbh. I'll be amazed if any other Championship team goes to Firhill this season and dominates the play and possession as much as we did this afternoon. Complete domination. It was, in most respects, a very, very good performance - typified by Tait, who utterly owned that midfield start to finish, ran himself into the ground, incredible - glaringly lacking a proper presence and threat in the final third, for reasons of which we are all aware.

The context of today being that we are (a) coming off a hard 90 minutes on Tuesday night and (b)essentially doing it with 11 or 12 men as that's basically all we have at the moment. A very tight, well-drilled first 11, who pick themselves, and absolutely nothing beyond that, as the substitutes again offered nothing (one in particular becoming the very definition of an empty jersey with each passing week). Utterly convinced that had McGlynn had the financial backing that other managers in this league have enjoyed, we'd already be well clear at the top.

Edited by Super Simon

12 minutes ago, BPM said:

I would say the absence of Morrison is hurting us more when it comes to converting chances into goals.

6 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

Don't see any of that tbh. I'll be amazed if any other Championship team goes to Firhill this season and dominates the play and possession as much as we did this afternoon. Complete domination. It was, in most respects, a very, very good performance - typified by Tait, who utterly owned that midfield start to finish, ran himself into the ground, incredible - glaringly lacking a proper presence and threat in the final third, for reasons of which we are all aware.

The context of today being that we are (a) coming off a hard 90 minutes on Tuesday night and (b)essentially doing it with 11 or 12 men as that's basically all we have at the moment. A very tight, well-drilled first 11, who pick themselves, and absolutely nothing beyond that, as the substitutes again offered nothing (one in particular becoming the very definition of an empty jersey with each passing week). Utterly convinced that had McGlynn had the financial backing that other managers in this league have enjoyed, we'd already be well clear at the top.

Where would you improve the team?