The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I would doubt that actually. Certainly not materially. 

Our top earners will be up there with any of those clubs. Morrison didn't extend his contract with us for £2.50 a week. 

We have gone for quality not quantity. That's absolutely the right thing to do imo though it does of course risk you in some areas. For us only CF (which is really difficult to recruit for anyway) and goalkeeper. 

We have the best squad in the division. Down to excellent recruitment by the management but let's not pretend we're some plucky paupers competing against massive riches. 

We have smashing players who will be earning well for this level. We have cover in most key areas - 4 good wingers. 4 good centre halves. 2 good right and left backs. 3 good central midfielders. 

I strongly believe we'll win the league. I didn't think so at the time but agree now that we should have signed a new centre forward before the window closed. I'm not sure if we will even in Jan though given how hard it is to get someone decent.

We don't have anywhere near the biggest budget . As already mentioned we have budgeted for fifth. We have extended contracts on players who were playing in league one. The other sides are bringing players in from the league above on premiership wages or outbidding other championship sides for them. The 500k difference in prize money between us and Raith is impossible for us to fill when they are also being well backed by their bod. Likes of Hanlon and Stevenson will be on more than any of our players.Partick have had a lot of cash investment from individuals too  and a 500k prize money start whilst livis 600k bonus and the added parachute payments is going to easily put their budget ahead of ours. We are punching above our weight this season at the moment and if we were to miss out on promotion a minimum of nearly 300k more  prize money would be coming our way for a top 4 finish which would set us up for an even better push next season. We have a decent squad and excellent first 11 due to fantastic recruitment even though we are at a budget disadvantage to at least 4 sides in this league.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Anyone we go for CF would be taking a risk but then again we done that with MacIver, kind of wonder if Jordan Allen would have made a difference but not worth a recall for him to be dropped when MacIver returns.

13 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Anyone we go for CF would be taking a risk but then again we done that with MacIver, kind of wonder if Jordan Allen would have made a difference but not worth a recall for him to be dropped when MacIver returns.

He's been pretty dreadful at Clyde and MacIver will be fit for us before we could recall Allen anyway. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Totally agree. However with Mackie Lang Donaldson Morrison MacIver  possibly long term, it’s essential we do not pick up any additional injuries In Q2.

What do you deem as “long term”? My definition of that is the best part of the whole season. 

20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A couple of months for me 

Donaldson is 2 weeks into a projected 6 weeks out. Maciver 3 or 4 into an 8 week layoff. Mackie was IIRC from McGlynn a "Saturday has come a little bit too quick" was he not so no reason to expect him out long term. 

Morrison is the complete unknown in this, and Lang, as mentioned. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

I always thought Gaby McGill was worth a shout to bring in, as thought he always gave us trouble when playing for Airdrie. Plays up top, target man and is the same age as MacIver I think. McGlynn did mention he's loathed to sign free agents (McGill without a Club according to wiki), so he's probably aware and doesn't fancy taking a punt. 

I think I heard recently that McGill had gotten married recently and moved to the north of England which is possibly why we've not seen anyone in Scotland sign him. 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

A couple of months for me 

Long term is ICL or broken leg not pulled hamstrings or ankle twists. McIver will be back in 2/3 weeks, Mackie not far away.  It just happens we have 5 at the one time that has made things worst 

6 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Absolutely ecstatic with the start to the season. Hamilton away next week (which I feel pretty comfortable about) then a run of home games. Would really like to see us try Alfie up top personally.

Sorry but Alfie is never a lone striker as he lacks the nous & skill to play there. He is at the risk of stereotyping a typical winger who blows hot & cold.

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:101 IS THAT YOUR SAFE WORD?

🔵 Review this weeks 2 draws with Chris Hynd 🤝🏼
⚪️ Monthly Falkirk Supporters Society Draw returns & Fundraising Party night details🕺🏼💃🏽
🔵 Another Special Guest for FD Live 👀
⚪️ Preview this weeks BIG away TV game 📺 &
🔵 All the latest FFC News 🗞️

👕 Merch on sale with our partnership with Pints n Prints and via our own web-store at www.merch.falkirkdaft.co.uk

And as always, a massive THANK YOU to our sponsors too:

Headline Sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 🤝🏼

CF1B665F-5A14-4288-9774-0764518E1ED1.thumb.jpeg.1878f7ba2565ae1b098cf60f2d4cdaba.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Sorry but Alfie is never a lone striker as he lacks the nous & skill to play there. He is at the risk of stereotyping a typical winger who blows hot & cold.

He did pretty well in that role when he scored his double against us at tfs mins you.

My take on Alfie up top is that if McGlynn decided to stick McKenna (who's never a forward / striker) up front, he'd surely have far less concerns about playing Alfie there. The last time I saw Alfie play more 'centrally' was vs Cove at the start of last season, maybe as the '10'. He was indeed 'chaos' and Cove couldn't handle him.  

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:101 IS THAT YOUR SAFE WORD?

🔵 Review this weeks 2 draws with Chris Hynd 🤝🏼
⚪️ Monthly Falkirk Supporters Society Draw returns & Fundraising Party night details🕺🏼💃🏽
🔵 Another Special Guest for FD Live 👀
⚪️ Preview this weeks BIG away TV game 📺 &
🔵 All the latest FFC News 🗞️

👕 Merch on sale with our partnership with Pints n Prints and via our own web-store at www.merch.falkirkdaft.co.uk

And as always, a massive THANK YOU to our sponsors too:

Headline Sponsors Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 🤝🏼

CF1B665F-5A14-4288-9774-0764518E1ED1.thumb.jpeg.1878f7ba2565ae1b098cf60f2d4cdaba.jpeg

Great listen again. Thank you to yourself and John for recording this early and getting it out before going on holiday. 

I'm sure somebody has pointed it out already but did you forget about Ray McKinnon being manager at the start of the 19/20 season?  

35 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Great listen again. Thank you to yourself and John for recording this early and getting it out before going on holiday. 

I'm sure somebody has pointed it out already but did you forget about Ray McKinnon being manager at the start of the 19/20 season?  

Cheers mate. Appreciated 🤝🏼

Re the quiz question, good point 🤦🏼‍♂️😂