The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

No, because this forum has changed for the worst in the last two decades. It's full of bed wetters who can't deal with the truth now. 

I'm embarrassed for you. 

Chicken.

Name him. You never know, some might agree with you. It's only a daft forum after all.

2 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Players might read this guff. I have far more respect for them than the rest of you. 

Have the courage of your convictions. 

Name a name, and I bet you 99.9% of people tell you to away and stop havering. If the player reads it, he knows most of the fanbase are behind him.

Otherwise you leave this hanging and any passing players wonder if it is them being questioned, and by how many?

Or are you just full of shite?

I've not seen any player not given their best....whether our back up options (Shanley & McKenna)....are good enough is a different argument ..so far this season neither has made much impact....but that's nothing to do with effort...they are giving it their all & wouldn't get on if mcglynn suspected for a minute they weren't 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have the courage of your convictions. 

Name a name, and I bet you 99.9% of people tell you to away and stop havering. If the player reads it, he knows most of the fanbase are behind him.

Otherwise you leave this hanging and any passing players wonder if it is them being questioned, and by how many?

Or are you just full of shite?

You mean 99% of the Board loving happy clappers on here? That's not representative of the fanbase. 

Just now, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

I've not seen any player not given their best....whether our back up options (Shanley & McKenna)....are good enough is a different argument ..so far this season neither has made much impact....but that's nothing to do with effort...they are giving it their all & wouldn't get on if mcglynn suspected for a minute they weren't 

Hugh Hill doesn't have eyes. 

I still think Gary Oliver is the least worst option for the striker position at the moment. 

Shanley isn’t good enough and giving him a new contract was a rare miss by McGlynn. I’d much rather have used that money on another player.

McKenna the jury is still out on whether he’s been a good signing or not but certainly not as a forward. 

Alfie I think could do a job but until Morrison is back we need him elsewhere. Even if Calvin Miller is starting games at RW you want Alfie to come off the bench and run at tired defenders.

I think something that’s perhaps under appreciated is that McGlynn’s entire system relies on a front four that are instructed to go out and run themselves into the ground from the start, safe in the knowledge that they’ll come off at 60-70 minutes and be replaced by fresh legs who are not a massive drop off talent wise.

When you lose two players out of the usual front four it means others having to play the full 90 much more often which means the intensity has to be brought down to avoid them becoming fatigued. 

I'm usually one for suggesting that any FFC related topic should be aired here but on this occasion I think this would be the exception.

By all means make an argument but making wooly assertions is clearly designed just to wind folk up.

I don't think anyone who started on Saturday gave anything less than 100%. The "quality" off the bench is questionable once you get past Alfie and Finn and we know Oliver isn't an out-and-out striker.

We should have been out-of-sight against Thistle in all honesty but that's football.

Fine margins as McGlynn would say.

Put up or shut up.

There are some moon howlers in our support. If we're not a goal up within 10 minutes they're on the player's backs, screaming about a misplaced pass or a run not made. I've heard Tait, Spencer, Oliver, Donaldson and Mackie get dog's abuse from the KM7 this season.

I'd say the vast majority of the fans have learned to be patient and to trust the manager and players. Even if we go a goal down, most don't panic and get behind the team. Those that don't clearly don't understand football and are absolutely desperate to flaunt their ignorance.