The Falkirk FC Thread

Heard the rumour a few days ago, and alongside the rumour, also Raith were mentioned. Specifically that they were gutted to miss out, and Paul Smith was instrumental in getting him to us. 

Given that the player was correct, no reason to suspect its not true that Raith weren't also wanting to sign him. 

Showing his Uni smarts joining the #NavyBlue tbh

Signing a young striker totally out of left field, but I thought McGlynn didn’t know what he was doing and I thought the club were in the financial shitter having to resell season tickets. Whits gon on here 🤔

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The signing of Barney Stewart a 6'2'' mobile centre forward explains the lack of movement in signing cover for MacIvor.

Also give the option to mix things up when required with a MacIvor, Stewart pairing up front.

Savvy move by the management team

👌

35 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The signing of Barney Stewart a 6'2'' mobile centre forward explains the lack of movement in signing cover for MacIvor.

Also give the option to mix things up when required with a MacIvor, Stewart pairing up front.

Savvy move by the management team

I think there would still possibly have been movement on even a loan deal till January if anyone decent had been available mind you.

46 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Signing a young striker totally out of left field, but I thought McGlynn didn’t know what he was doing and I thought the club were in the financial shitter having to resell season tickets. Whits gon on here 🤔

Shouldn’t pay attention to wankers especially if you know who is actually behind the username.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Shouldn’t pay attention to wankers especially if you know who is actually behind the username.

I looked at his profile and was actually surprised by how long he’s been on P&B, I thought he was a new poster !!!

Too much time on my hands, but I managed to trawl YouTube to find an interview by Norrie with Barney Stewart (not the one in the above match video though).

His accent, manner of talking and looks instantly reminded me of, er, Simon Stainrod. Seems to have a similar scoring record to a young Simon too, i.e. prolific.
He appears to be in his 3rd year of a Fitness Science degree at Heriot Watt, so (S Cat) I’m not sure how logistically viable full time training at TFS may be just yet.

I did think after Keelan Adams that 5th, 6th & 7th tier Scottish Football would be an area of interest for clubs like Falkirk. Heriot Watt Uni play in 7th tier, as do Camelon Juniors.
A real coup for John & Paul, so fingers crossed things go well for the young lad.

Edited by HonestAl

10 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Too much time on my hands, but I managed to trawl YouTube to find an interview by Norrie with Barney Stewart...

Certainly looks like a decent prospect from the highlights of the same game his interview was in.

Definitely looks like he fits the archetypal forward JMG desires.