The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Dade said:

Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone born after 2000 is named Shug or Willie.

I was refereeing an under 12s game the other day and one of the wingers was called Frank.  I thought it was one of those names that had virtually died out for youngsters.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I was refereeing an under 12s game the other day and one of the wingers was called Frank.  I thought it was one of those names that had virtually died out for youngsters.

Can’t be many Frank’s that age! There may be hope yet for the old traditional names, although it’s probably spelt Franck.

IMG_2023.jpeg

Edited by Dade

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Tait in SPFL team of the week got to admit, he just gets better and better does need to cut out some of the dramatics as I kind of think that was what went against him when he got brought down in the Partick box on Saturday.image.thumb.png.99f40cd8526ffe02879f68fa361b3e1f.png

To think some people thought he was “out of sorts” and should have been dropped on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

To think some people thought he was “out of sorts” and should have been dropped on Saturday. 

I can't think of specifically a midfield pairing (forget that they are individually fantastic) like Tait and Spencer in a Falkirk jersey off the top of my head. We might have had stronger midfields where an absolute baller like Vaulks say pushed the whole thing up a level and carried others to an extent, but for understanding and rapport #Tencer* are like nothing I can think of. 

*Yes I did, and i'll do it again. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can't think of specifically a midfield pairing (forget that they are individually fantastic) like Tait and Spencer in a Falkirk jersey off the top of my head. We might have had stronger midfields where an absolute baller like Vaulks say pushed the whole thing up a level and carried others to an extent, but for understanding and rapport #Tencer* are like nothing I can think of. 

They remind me of  the Alex Taylor and  Peter heatherston combination under Jeffries.

Edited by Shodwall cat

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Can't see him featuring in January, I'm afraid. He looked absolutely dead on his feet at the assist for the 4th goal, I think it will take quite a few months to get his fitness levels up, especially if he is still studying and only able to train part-time. Might not see him until next season. Look forward to seeing him then.

No need to be scared. It's just an opinion. 

An incorrect opinion, but still...

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I would also add in Nesbitt when he is fit, his work rate and energy are such a pivotal part of what drives us forward and keeps the high press on our opponents. Certainly up there as probably the best  midfield unit I’ve seen in my 50 years of following the Navy Blue.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

They're an excellent pairing, you could see it when they were at Rovers and Tait was coming through while Spencer was there with Hendry. If you can keep hold of them (no reason why not) then you'll probably always do well. 

Not giving you a greenie just because of the # nonsense. 🤣

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

He ran the midfield the lad is a class act, was a hard ask but to me the whole team was great but Tait was a standout, agree at the Livvy game he wasn't at the races but no one was.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

What can we expect @Knightley?

I'm not going to raise expectations unrealistically, I was just pointing out that fitness levels in the HW squad are higher than most might expect in that league. 

"Bairney" has drawn a lot of attention as one of the stand out players in a good, well-coached, squad. A good amount of skill and pace and the kind of vision that spots chances that other players might not.

That cup final was a slog in horrible conditions. The crowd was knackered by full time, let alone the players! 

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Scotland forced to play either Che Adams or Lyndon Dykes as strikers tell you a lot about the lack of centre forwards in the Scottish game. One born in Leicester and the other in Australia 

Not only is Dykes Australian but he is crap and out of his depth.  Cheating talentless tosser who should never have been given a Scotland shirt 

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

So similar to Spencer & Tait. Taylors outfield play is almost identical to how Tait plays, and yes both have that minute of madness. 

Moments of madness happen. Fergie in the case of Scholes realised to coach that out his game would lessen his game on the pitch.

It is something we may well just have to accept

13 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Not only is Dykes Australian but he is crap and out of his depth.  Cheating talentless tosser who should never have been given a Scotland shirt 

Dived at QOTS in extra time to get them a penalty and draw to add to our end of season relegation woes. Never forget, never forgive. 

We’d never do that. Hey Col. 

6 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Dived at QOTS in extra time to get them a penalty and draw to add to our end of season relegation woes. Never forget, never forgive. 

We’d never do that. Hey Col. 

😂

100% did.

Lets not forget though he only had the opportunity to do that because you guys staged a pitch invasion after Keillor Dunn's "winning" penalty a minute earlier and caused the referee to add on a pile of extra time. 😜

3 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Any idea number of tickets we’ve shipped for Friday?

Looking at the fan base website doest look like many sold so far....

What's the consensus, gonna buy last minute and take our usual excellent support or just watching it on the tv?

At least they've reduced the adults to £20 but £10 is still a rip off for under 12s and I've got 2 to get, so that might swing for me but probably still go if there's a decent crowd going.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😂

100% did.

Lets not forget though he only had the opportunity to do that because you guys staged a pitch invasion after Keillor Dunn's "winning" penalty a minute earlier and caused the referee to add on a pile of extra time. 😜

Aw, you came all the way up from the League One forum just to remind us of this.

Anyway, the pitch invasion was caused by an overcrowded stand. We get that quite a lot.

minterofthesouth.gif