The Falkirk FC Thread

He's done okay since he replaced Watson earlier in the season. Whilst he shouldnt be starting he'd be okay as an option off the bench. He could also get involved in the coaching which would save us wasting money on a wage for watson.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

In all seriousness I am not clued up on the dev team to my shame but doesnt he do a lot of work with them already?

Id be happy to keep him on one more season as an option off the bench assuming we dont have another seasoned target man on the books by then, and see how serious he is about coaching etc if he wants to go that way.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. He's an excellent out ball and different option off the bench so I'd 100% keep him for another season.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

In all seriousness I am not clued up on the dev team to my shame but doesnt he do a lot of work with them already?

I was certainly under the impression he does.

Certainly read a quote from Austin talking about working wi "big Lee"

Last time Watson started we lost 4 goals. I'd punt him straight away. I'd keep Miller and McCracken to help the youngsters. Baird needs moved on now although he's done well. I'd keep kerr if we sign a decent midfielder with a bit of drive and who can do all the running otherwise he's going to have to push on to.

I notice that Rankin has taken a pay cut to join Queens. You've really got to ask what Houston and the bod were doing signing him on the wages he was on with us when he's clearly happy to play for Queens for less. Just sums up what a big mistake his signing was.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I notice that Rankin has taken a pay cut to join Queens. You've really got to ask what Houston and the bod were doing signing him on the wages he was on with us when he's clearly happy to play for Queens for less. Just sums up what a big mistake his signing was.

He was well paid at FFC (possibly our top earning player) and also remember Utd fans saying he could hold his head high after last season.

In saying that, I've absolutely no idea why we signed him. I remember when he came to us to train and pretty much everyone said we better no sign him.

It was a real kick in the teeth when Vaulks went and we signed him.

Houston stated at the AGM that Gallacher would be the starting left back by the end of the season and obviously results have seen that happen sooner rather than later..  With Leahy on his way out there's no point in playing him unless Gallacher gets injured. I also wouldnt mind seeing him leave if we could get a nominal fee.

Edited by Shadwell Dog