The Falkirk FC Thread

I notice that Rankin has taken a pay cut to join Queens. You've really got to ask what Houston and the bod were doing signing him on the wages he was on with us when he's clearly happy to play for Queens for less. Just sums up what a big mistake his signing was.

Really? Surprised by this given we're able to pay £2000 a week for a certain player :lol:

Definitely better sacrificing a winning team to have the leagues top scorer IMO.

If it wasn't for the league's top scorer we'd be sitting in a far worse position so I'd say he's worth whatever amount he's being paid.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If it wasn't for the league's top scorer we'd be sitting in a far worse position so I'd say he's worth whatever amount he's being paid.

I get what you're saying but in theory you could have gotten 2+ players for the wage on less money that could have improved the team overall.

That said, I can think of 3 or 4 players i'd give up in our squad to pay for Dobbie

I get what you're saying but in theory you could have gotten 2+ players for the wage on less money that could have improved the team overall.
That said, I can think of 3 or 4 players i'd give up in our squad to pay for Dobbie

I think the fact Dobbie is top scorer in a mediocre squad shows how good a player he is. From what I've heard it's not the club who is actually paying him but Dumfries is renowned for bullshit rumours so I take that with a pinch of salt. Though in the past our Travel Club funded a player's wages so it isn't the most outrageous claim I've heard.

I know what you're saying also but without Dobbie we'd be in serious bother I reckon so it would have to be two superb signings in his place. I don't think I'd swap Dobbie for any other player in our division, given how valuable a player he is for us.

Dont really get the love for Leahy tbh.
Has scored some cracking goals but very limited defensively.

I think this is part of our overall problem to be honest...losing goalscorers from all over the pitch. We lost vaulks who scored and play Taiwo kerr rankin no goals in any of them. Lost Alston for craigen again minus goal difference. Leahy has scored goals some very important last season and this so this makes impact. Don't get me wrong gallacher is a real exciting prospect but we keep losing goalscorers who said score a lot of goals for their relative positions

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I think this is part of our overall problem to be honest...losing goalscorers from all over the pitch. We lost vaulks who scored and play Taiwo kerr rankin no goals in any of them. Lost Alston for craigen again minus goal difference. Leahy has scored goals some very important last season and this so this makes impact. Don't get me wrong gallacher is a real exciting prospect but we keep losing goalscorers who said score a lot of goals for their relative positions

Whilst I'm more than happy to see Gallagher in the team as he's a real prospect, I feel we've sacrificed one of our better players in Leahy in order to play him. I would play him at right wing back as I think he's ok on his right side. I also feel he's a better defender than Kidd and would offer a goal threat.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Any serious suggestions on who the Baldy God should be looking at for right midfield?

The suggestion of Leahy is on the assumption that nobody else is coming in. I think it's a reasonable idea based on the players available.