The Falkirk FC Thread

Would like Watson to stay,he was solid last year when we had one of the best defences in the league & hardly lost a game,I don't think it's coincidence that Kidd,Gallagher,gasparotto all get game time & suddenly we look shambles at the back,not blaming it on one particular player but our back 4 last year was solid why change it ?

Also with McCracken pushing 36 will we get another season out of him ?

We've got too many strikers if O'Hara is back in the squad. Sir Bob McHugh might be one to move on if we're not planning on playing him. I think him, Baird and Millers deals are up in the summer.

Not sure what to make of Austin, has he just had a load of injuries in the transition to full time football? Maybe a loan to another full time team if possible would do him good, is he too old for a development loan? 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Wish list

Would like to see Loy back, but we do have a number of forwards already on the books. Can't help blaming lack of goals on the midfield being shit. Give me goal scoring RM above all else.

Would absolutely take Loy if it was a permanent deal though. We may well have been promoted or perhaps won the cup if that thug from queens didn't deliberately injur him in the QF at Palmerston.

7 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

Surely he wouldn't let Rankin go unless he had a player lined up for Saturday?

I'm sure we've got cover for Rankin. I mean I'll sit on the bench and do feck all if their struggling.

Major bonus him moving on. We've managed to free up a wage and weaken QOS all in one move.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We only won two games in the league that he started and in one of those he got subbed at half time. Someone like Henderson can always take his place. He couldn't be any worse.

I agree we don't need any more centre mids, wasn't really what I was saying.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

We should be strengthening now with Rankin gone.

Must say though, best wishes to John Rankin. So much negativity directed his way and absolutely none of merited. He absolutely will do a good job for someone in this league.

Rankin would have been a good signing had we not already had Kerr, Tiawo and Sibbald on the books, consequently it was a stupid signing.

Fair play to him for deciding to leave when he could have sat on his arse and seen out his contract.

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Didn't expect Rankin to leave but it quite clearly is the correct move. If Watson was to leave this window I'd rather it was just on loan, he would be a decent back up next year.

Time to get that right mid in Houston.

I'm not sure we really need him. We've got Gasparotto, McCracken, Grant and Muirhead.

If you lot do have competition for Loy it'll be from Morton who are also interested and a few unnamed teams. I can't see us allowing Loy to play for another Prem team on loan so unless they stump up a small amount of cash, he'll be playing for someone in this league.

The latest 'rumour' is that he wants to try and fight his way back into the team which goes against him going to Hartley in the first place and asking to go out on loan so who knows how reliable that is.