The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Heard about this move this morning and was hoping it wasn't true. Another player who won't play signed from a released club 20 minutes down the road. Terrible use of a wage when we're crying out for creativity.

Would just be our luck that Rogers would pick up an injury and we would be left with just young McMinn as back up though. Hopefully Thomson is a bit cheaper than deniz and may inspire the board to release a bit more? Breath not being held btw!

Thought Rodgers was good on Saturday and generally pretty solid. Kicking a bit dodgy at times. However very harsh on Denzil, never given a chance. I know we've done very well out of the loan system but would much prefer our own fully signed up keeper. Maybe he not impressing in training but that argument lost any credibility given Muirhead given a regular game.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Heard about this move this morning and was hoping it wasn't true. Another player who won't play signed from a released club 20 minutes down the road. Terrible use of a wage when we're crying out for creativity.

Yep make your mind up without seeing him play a minute for us ...well done

Nope can see his point in isolation & wholeheartedly agree we need something on the right...anyone (apart from the gm) can see that...its not thomsons fault we have went down this route & the guy needs to be judged independently of anything else....he may be the new Tony parks or he may be the new Ian pishwater..we don't know

Thought Rodgers was good on Saturday and generally pretty solid. Kicking a bit dodgy at times. However very harsh on Denzil, never given a chance. I know we've done very well out of the loan system but would much prefer our own fully signed up keeper. Maybe he not impressing in training but that argument lost any credibility given Muirhead given a regular game.

It's almost exclusively one year contracts at this level anyway. No difference between a player on loan for a season versus a one year deal. I'll take the loan player if he's better. Rogers is a class act.

Yep make your mind up without seeing him play a minute for us ...well done

I won't see him play a minute for us this season. I agree with you that it's not his fault that we don't need a keeper but it's a waste of a key wage at this stage of the season.

I'll be honest I think Rogers has been average this season some of his attempts at dealing with crosses have been awful ...now I'm not saying Thomson will be any better but mehmets only appearance saw him drop the ball at cappielow..so .i wouldn't be averse to seeing him start

Edited by distresseduke

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is this a move purely to release some some pound notes for wages? I sure hope so.

Eh? I would have thought the quote from Houston on the official site - "(Deniz) approached me to ask for the chance to move on" answered that one. It has nothing to do with money.

He wanted to leave, so we had to get in another keeper to replace him.

As for

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I agree with you that it's not his fault that we don't need a keeper but it's a waste of a key wage at this stage of the season.

If the Under 20s are playing in Dingwall, would you have our only other keeper - the first choice one - spend 12 hours away so that he can sit on the bench as cover for Lewis McMinn?

How do we know that Mehmet did not ask too leave?that would have twisted our arm to sign Thomson.

At this level a second keeper is a wage we could do without imo. I'd have a kid on the bench then try to get an emergency loan if we need it.

Alternatively we could've left Thomson to sweat for a bit and offered him a pittance till the end of the season rather than signing him on the same day he got released.

Is this a move purely to release some some pound notes for wages? I sure hope so.

Sponsor allegedly meeting club tomorrow....... According to my mate who seems to be ITK... Time will tell. Perhaps this is to cover Falkirks end of the deal

Which sponsor? Central Demolition?

If the Under 20s are playing in Dingwall, would you have our only other keeper - the first choice one - spend 12 hours away so that he can sit on the bench as cover for Lewis McMinn?

Put a 15 year old on the bench. It's the sub for the youth team.

I guess we don't know the full story behind the scenes. One thing I do know Ronnie Bateman is a huge loss. I didn't agree with him on everything but he ran a tight ship and worked well with Houston.

Our absentee Chairman has the personality of a sloth on cannabis and the football knowledge to go with it.

Having sat in front of him at a game when Pressley was in charge at Kirkcaldy one day it is disgraceful he is the Chairman. He constantly hurled abuse at young players who had just come into the team like they were hardened pros. This apparently was his true form from who I was told by some who sat near him in the MS, it was not as if he was just full of sherry on the day. He is the sort of man who has had his past financial misdemeanours in Parliament removed. Says it all really.

The club is flat and it need an injection of life from somewhere. The current bunch in charge including the manager give me little confidence they can do it.

Ronnie Bateman was 100% a Falkirk fan and his efforts were done for the good of the team not the board, don't forget he allowed Will Vaulks to stay at his house. It's time our fans realised that we have a serious issue with the Chairman.

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Alternatively we could've left Thomson to sweat for a bit and offered him a pittance till the end of the season rather than signing him on the same day he got released.

:lol:

Do you seriously think his release was a convenient coincidence? He clearly asked to be released BECAUSE he had an offer from Falkirk which included a further season where he will feel he will likely be your no. 1 once your loan keeper goes back.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Put a 15 year old on the bench. It's the sub for the youth team.

I understand that the "next in line" keeper - or at least the one that sometimes came on the team bus as cover before Deniz arrived - has chosen to leave the Academy. I've no idea who's next up. A thirteen year old perhaps?