The Falkirk FC Thread

This season has been really bad, as bad as it's been over the last decade. I have lost confidence in Houstie now. We are a poor team, no drive, energy or direction. The football is utter guff, more often than not relying on long throws, punt up the park etc.

We have too many players and that is eating away at our budget. If I'm honest PH appears lost, I've listened to his most recent interviews on FTV and it appears he and some of the players are watching a different game from me. It's excuse after excuse about being unlucky, ref had a howler, every single game.

We need change now to give us a lift to ensure we make the play offs but then again, is this ambition so important? For me if we scrape through it will give us an extra couple of games at best because there is no way this team are capable of achieving promotion.

Maybe not making the play offs is the best option for the club, long term it may bring about change.

Alan Maybury for new head coach? It's the type of appointment that could happen if PH goes[emoji3]

Can't work out if you think Maybury would be a good appointment or not?

I've had a couple of 'conversations' with him and safe to say he is not for me. However development squad doing well.

Can't work out if you think Maybury would be a good appointment or not?

I've had a couple of 'conversations' with him and safe to say he is not for me. However development squad doing well.

I'm not sure myself. I was being a bit sarcastic as this is the type of appointment our BOD would succumb to.[emoji3]

Despite not being as good a side as we were last season I wonder if our chances of going up might be similar? We finished in the play offs last season and I think we will again this season. Having watched hibs and Dundee utd I think we can beat either of those. We should also have the makings of raith or more on over two legs. Also it could be a smaller team at the bottom of the premiership such as Hamilton or Inverness. I'm not saying we will go up but we weren't expected to get the automatic spot so are we really worse off than last season?

Despite not being as good a side as we were last season I wonder if our chances of going up might be similar? We finished in the play offs last season and I think we will again this season. Having watched hibs and Dundee utd I think we can beat either of those. We should also have the makings of raith or more on over two legs. Also it could be a smaller team at the bottom of the premiership such as Hamilton or Inverness. I'm not saying we will go up but we weren't expected to get the automatic spot so are we really worse off than last season?

Yes. Yes we are.

There's also no guarantee that we'll make the play offs one of us, Raith or Morton will miss out and it could quite easily be us.

You really to finish second to stand any chance of going up through the play offs.

Yes. Yes we are.

There's also no guarantee that we'll make the play offs one of us, Raith or Morton will miss out and it could quite easily be us.

You really to finish second to stand any chance of going up through the play offs.

This 100%.

We couldn't get promoted with a better squad in a higher position last year, never mind a worse squad in either 3rd or 4th. Seasons finished.

Murmurings starting in the South Stand about Houston.

Main stand was reasonably supportive of Houston today. I thought we played pretty well and on another day would have taken all three points never mind none. Baird had a great chance first half and should have hit the target. Mchugh had a great chance second and didn't hit the target either.

Quite rightly so. We are horrendous to watch and the run of results is appalling. We play slow football with very little imagination in the final third.

He signs a right back to relieve Muirhead from these duties; yet perseveres with Muirhead. You can't really criticise a natural centre back for not bombing down the wing providing good crosses. I really don't mind him; he gives it his all every game but technically doesn't have the attributes to play right back. 

This years signings have been atrocious to say the least. Gasparotto aside, they've never been in the starting 11 for more the 2 games. Every signing we make on our smaller budget has to add to the squad we have, not just make the numbers up. Everything Houston spoke about post match against Killie - needing pace and strength in the side - was never met with his signings. Hippo currently is the only player who can provide a spark in the side. 

Lets be honest; both Hibs and Dundee Utd aren't great sides compared to the previous two season's champions. Hibs front line of Commons and Holt has the look of a Sunday league team with a combined weight of 32 stone. If we had played the transfer market a lot smarter this really could have been our year. The excuse of budget difference doesn't wash with me. Will Houstie admit failure if we place behind Morton and/or Raith? 

A summer overhaul is required and I'm not sure I'd trust Houstie to bring in the right players.

Edited by wee_bairn

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

Hibs front line of Commons and Holt has the look of a Sunday league team with a combined weight of 32 stone.

Yet we sit top of the league and swept your mob aside today. Fat bitch Commons key to our win.

smilies/greggs_logo.gif

sweeet.png

Main stand was reasonably supportive of Houston today. I thought we played pretty well and on another day would have taken all three points never mind none. Baird had a great chance first half and should have hit the target. Mchugh had a great chance second and didn't hit the target either.

Not around me! Houston stupidly reacted to some fairly accurate criticism. Way over the top & aggressive response. Very silly considering how experienced he is. Comment hit too close to home I thought. Comment was directed at Maybury & Kidd who both spent duration of the game having a chat, seemingly oblivious to the fact there was a game going on & the latter more interested in Old Firm result.

Also thought we good in 1st half but lack of effort and desire in 2nd was poor.

Murmurings starting in the South Stand about Houston.

His signings have been disappointing this close season but I definitely am happy to have him as our manager. He's had us competing well every season and I believe well be in the play offs again this season. Compared to pressley may and maybe Holt he's a tactical genius.

It's not his tactics that are the main issue. It's his recruitment which has been pretty dire since he joined us. Far too many piss poor signings and our best players have been mainly those he inherited.

Totally agree with this. Would take to long to list the dross he has signed. Dumfries seems to be as far south has his scouting seems to go. Before he came in we seemed cable of picking up a few good English players needing to kick start their careers.

Yet we sit top of the league and swept your mob aside today. Fat bitch Commons key to our win.
greggs_logo.gif&key=019528ae275c82c4edaf87ff640bba7d076cce0060e63cf5c63d0da04fca481f
sweeet.png&key=748d0a2262b32a9bc943224c9b2e78c86eda714ee8ad9a52eba8827b771132e1

We have just lost at home to a rank bad Hibs team, we acknowledge we have gone backwards this season but you lot appear to be blinded by the fact that you are sitting on top of an absolutely shite league!
Nowhere near as good a team as finished third last year.

One thing that was a big improvement yesterday was Muirhead actually being willing to go forward. What a difference it made to Kerr and Sibbald having options both left and right and keeping the game stretched across the width of the pitch.

Problem with this is the atrocious attempts at crossing the ball he produced!