The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

If Falkirk and/or the players agent do their best he'll end up at a bigger club than St Johnstone and for a good weekly wage that neither of us can match.

No disrespect to Saints who are currently in a much stronger position on the park than we are and would be a step up in that respect. But he will do much better than St Johnstone or Falkirk for that matter.

I reckon if he progresses and stays fit there's much more of a chance he'll end up down at Fulham with his father than somewhere else in Scotland.

I reckon we'd be looking for 4-500k for him as he's been excellent for us and he's on a decent length of contract having extended the one that ran out this summer. Whilst we've not got much cash to spend we're also not desperate for money either so there's no need for us to panic sell him.  Whether you'd be willing to match or break your transfer record for a guy with a questionable injury record over the past couple of seasons and whose a centre half I'm not so sure. If you offered that kind of money I'm sure he'd be off.

You won't get £500k for him, that's what we got for O'Halloran who was verging on a Scotland call up at the time.

I don't think you realise how contradictory you're being. You can't claim you'll make a fortune of a player you later say has serious injury problems.

You won't get £500k for him, that's what we got for O'Halloran who was verging on a Scotland call up at the time.

I don't think you realise how contradictory you're being. You can't claim you'll make a fortune of a player you later say has serious injury problems.

Depends who is after him. We've got a strong record for selling a player or 2 down south every season for mid-high 6 figure sums.

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Depends who is after him. We've got a strong record for selling a player or 2 down south every season for mid-high 6 figure sums.

I think this is the point, we're aware of how good he can be and what our players have been worth in the past so that sets his selling value.

It's not contradictory to say that it's a risk for St Johnstone to make him their record signing considering he has played 4 games in the previous 12 months and hasn't regained his form yet. It's a risk for us too, to reject a decent bid for the same reasons. Both teams will be assuming he regains his form and stays fit.

He was one of the best centre halfs in the league last season as voted by his peers. Your right we probably won't get that money for him but thats how much I'd reckon you'd have to offer to get him. If he stays fit then that kind of money is peanuts to teams down south and as I said previously I would expect him to have more chance of heading back down there if sold under contract. Again we don't have to sell him and I reckon that's how much he's worth to us and players of his calibre are impossible to replace at a team our size.. As was mentioned by numerous Saints fans O'Halloran isnt worth 500k and has struggled to get a game for rangers but you still got 500k for him as thats how much you valued him at whilst you could've let him go for the first bid that came in.  Yes he's been injured but he's a very important player for us and so we're not going to let him go for peanuts just because of that. Whether someone is willing to meet our valuation is another thing but its not as if St Johnstone are going to be doing us a favour by taking him. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It was exposed as a wind up 3 pages ago and folk are still hilariously debating how much St J will need to pay for him.

You're trying to get me  to look at my work instead?! Unacceptable, I'll debate any and all nonsense rumours till 5pm

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Mods note *This thread is for football chat only. Personal insults will result in warnings*
Thanks for telling me BairnsfordBairn. let me know if it continues.

BainsfordBairn's identity is a giveaway now.

Spoiler

XFfidqus.jpg