The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Signing for a diddy little club like st Johnstone....don't think so.

I don't even know him I don't really follow the lower leagues I was just informed of it by a member of staff at McD . I think "Diddy Club" is slightly unfair.We are in our eighth season in the top league,four European qualifications,fourth for the last two,seasons  and won the Scottish cup..Blair Alston certainly thinks it's a step up..And during this time your "Big Club" has done....?

I don't even know him I don't really follow the lower leagues I was just informed of it by a member of staff at McD . I think "Diddy Club" is slightly unfair.We are in our eighth season in the top league,four European qualifications,fourth for the last two,seasons  and won the Scottish cup..Blair Alston certainly thinks it's a step up..And during this time your "Big Club" has done....?

You're a diddy who's been caught out. Nae joy.

2 hours ago, distresseduke said:

I'll be honest I think Rogers has been average this season some of his attempts at dealing with crosses have been awful ...now I'm not saying Thomson will be any better but mehmets only appearance saw him drop the ball at cappielow..so .i wouldn't be averse to seeing him start

Rogers has went backwards this season for me, frightened rabbit at times. I think its unfair to call foul on Mehmet based on one appearance, i think it says more on a goalie on how he recovers from a mistake, he played a blinder on his last game v Ayr in the cup when Rogers form was questionable. 

I said at start of season, start with Deniz as number 1 and have a young keeper as back up as its one position throughout a season you can get an emergency back up loan.

40 minutes ago, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

I don't even know him I don't really follow the lower leagues I was just informed of it by a member of staff at McD . I think "Diddy Club" is slightly unfair.We are in our eighth season in the top league,four European qualifications,fourth for the last two,seasons  and won the Scottish cup..Blair Alston took the bigger wages like everyone else would.

FTFY 

9 hours ago, Trump said:

I was gonna say good effort but it's really not in any way for the following reasons:

- he's under contract
- he started at Peterborough so there would be no development fee due

I know its a wind up but just to be clear, him starting at Peterborough does not mean you wouldnt be due a development fee if he left under freedom of contract before he was 23.

As I say, the chances of paying the fee for Grant are minimal, but we are watching him (like many others I'd imagine). We wouldn't be wasting time with our limited staff if we didn't believe we had a chance.

I can't see him leaving us at the moment. Just back from a long term injury where he signed a new deal and he's only just broken into the first team again.
If he rediscovers his pre injury form up until the summer then he might leave for a decent fee but at the moment it'd be a gamble from St J considering the cost of the player.

I just can't see St Johnstone paying a few hundred grand for a player who has had an operation on both knees in recent years. He's just getting back to form now after being out for a while . As I said previously different story if he was nearing the end of his contract. St Johnstone unlike us are a well run club both on and off the field. They've seen many a manager move on to bigger and better things but have always managed to find sensible replacements as well as getting decent cash for players like O'Hallaran when they move on. I wish our bod were half as good as their's.

4 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

It's a no brainer choosing between st.johnstone and Falkirk. Quite obviously, st.johnstone are the bigger side.

They still need to come up with the reddies though or he's going nowhere. I'm sure like most players he would prefer to play in the premier instead of with the rest of the dross in the championship but its not up to him unfortunately.

I just can't see St Johnstone paying a few hundred grand for a player who has had an operation on both knees in recent years. He's just getting back to form now after being out for a while . As I said previously different story if he was nearing the end of his contract. St Johnstone unlike us are a well run club both on and off the field. They've seen many a manager move on to bigger and better things but have always managed to find sensible replacements as well as getting decent cash for players like O'Hallaran when they move on. I wish our bod were half as good as their's.

Our board seem to be realising that players can be a form of income as well, due to profits made on the likes of O'Halloran. Over the past two years we've signed a raft of youngsters from the lower leagues.

I can see us spending a, lower end, six figure sum if we believe he can make an instant impact. We've had a horrendous time trying to replace Frazer Wright at centre half, and if Shaughnessy (his replacement and out of contract in the summer) does get tempted away, we'll be wanting a safe signing in there.

Noticeable that he took a knock to the knee early on against Hibs, keeled over like a felled tree and went on to have his worst game I've seen him play for us.

Well exactly. I may be wrong, but I'm sure this next year he can sign elsewhere for free. So your club has two windows to make money on him.

Will they turn money down now in the hope he avoids injury in the next six months?

I reckon we'd be looking for 4-500k for him as he's been excellent for us and he's on a decent length of contract having extended the one that ran out this summer. Whilst we've not got much cash to spend we're also not desperate for money either so there's no need for us to panic sell him.  Whether you'd be willing to match or break your transfer record for a guy with a questionable injury record over the past couple of seasons and whose a centre half I'm not so sure. If you offered that kind of money I'm sure he'd be off.

If Falkirk and/or the players agent do their best he'll end up at a bigger club than St Johnstone and for a good weekly wage that neither of us can match.

No disrespect to Saints who are currently in a much stronger position on the park than we are and would be a step up in that respect. But he will do much better than St Johnstone or Falkirk for that matter.