The Falkirk FC Thread

Rankin always gave 100% for us and is clearly a top professional. Certainly competent at this level, as others have said with two other good defensive midfielders he just wasn't going to get the game time with us. More frustration at Houston with that one because he knew this in the Summer and signed him anyway. Best of luck to him at Queens 

Excellent summary of the situation. Although you are a better person than me as when someone leaves us I struggle to show any goodwill [emoji12]

I was at every game rankin played (apart from RR away) and this revisionism of him as a solid signing is total baws ...he was humpty for us ...absolutely fucking rotten...

Your opinion of course

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Your opinion of course

Your right it is my opinion...your opinion on Fulton being technically best academy player (better than mcgrandles & Kingsley) is your opinion .....& I'd love to know what it's based on cause I can't remember Fulton having one great 90 minutes for us...the occasional half of good stuff yes but never took hold of a game

Your right it is my opinion...your opinion on Fulton being technically best academy player (better than mcgrandles & Kingsley) is your opinion .....& I'd love to know what it's based on cause I can't remember Fulton having one great 90 minutes for us...the occasional half of good stuff yes but never took hold of a game

Technically he is miles ahead of Kingsley. Speak to anyone around the club at the time they would tell you how naturally gifted Fulton is. McGrandles was much closer. However of the three I think Kingsley will make the best of his career. Mainly down to attitude and application.

I was at every game rankin played (apart from RR away) and this revisionism of him as a solid signing is total baws ...he was humpty for us ...absolutely fucking rotten...

Completely agree with this. Rankin is a midfielder who doesn't give you anything - he doesn't score goals, he doesn't create chances, he isn't a destroyer in front of the defence and he isn't a set piece taker. He just jogs about. His performance in that embarrassment in Perth set the tone. Garbage for us every time he stepped on the park. Exactly as anyone who watches football outwith Falkirk games predicted.

Problem with Fulton for me was that he used to disappear in games for long periods. Scored the odd decent goal but can't remember him ever having a motm performance like Kingsley often did. I was shocked when he started getting a game for Swansea but can't say I was surprised by their results when he did.

I think Fulton for us was quite ineffective but he was always trying intelligent passes and moves that the rest of the team weren't expecting which is why I imagine he got signed up by Swansea and playing with some decent technical players down there will have helped him massively.
Still, it's difficult to judge who's the best prospect as both McGrandles and Kingsley were much much better in a Falkirk shirt, Fulton is maybe better suited to a different style of football.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem with Fulton for me was that he used to disappear in games for long periods. Scored the odd decent goal but can't remember him ever having a motm performance like Kingsley often did. I was shocked when he started getting a game for Swansea but can't say I was surprised by their results when he did.

Totally agree regarding his Falkirk performances, but for Swansea he has been a consistent starter in a team with lots of changes every week and when i've seen him he's been one of their better players tbffff

Fulton is a decent height, superb touch but lacked drive and pace for me, it was sheer surprise the amount of starts and contract extension he got at Swansea. The last I seen him was him giving a foul away with his cumbersome tackle which lead to a goal, he tends to get subbed a lot around the 60 min mark. Swansea at the moment tho are a mess, so it will be hard for any young player to step up.

Murray Wallace and Arfield were the ones I thought would make a dent down south, Wallace tends to have in bursts and currently playing above the level he is at Stockport at the moment with interest again at a higher level. Kinglsey does have the drive, ambition to probably match Arfield in the future. I think the problem with Kinglsey is he probably could slide in to centre half and play there and has, which hasnt really seen him focus simply on one position, whereas Gallacher currently has focused on the one position and seems at this early stage a hell of a prospect. If he continues the performances of recent, we will be lucky to see a full season from him.