The Falkirk FC Thread

The league is looking dull as dull can be next season regardless of whoever wins this. Sick of the sight of Queen of the South, Livingston, Dumbarton and Morton. St Mirren and Hamilton are easy to get to for me but are crap away days. Dunfermline, Brechin and Inverness will be some laugh right enough.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Chairman will be overjoyed tonight. Another season he can make an excuse for a lack of investment in the playing squad. I mean how could we ever compete with a massive club like dundee united.

I get why folk are saying this type of thing. But I get a feeling that Utd may be playing with a much much smaller budget than this season. Over the course of this season we've had then better performances IMO with the exception of the playoff 2nd leg, 2nd half. 

It changes nothing though, we still know what's needed for us to progress on this year. We always need to be looking to improve and I think that's where Houston got it all wrong with last seasons transfer dealings - not a single one has improved us as a club.

There are no teams in the league who aren't within or grasp to beat with effective work in boosting the squad. 

No matter what their financial situation is we'll still trott out that excuse.

Doug will be right on to Houston letting him know that due to Dundee United staying down and brexit we can't increase the budget.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

So where will this desired investment come from? We can only work within our means. Granted we should've been better this season but going balls out on some debt trip would only cause problems in the long term. As an example of this, I'll give you: Falkirk Football Club, 2009-present.

Chairman will be overjoyed tonight. Another season he can make an excuse for a lack of investment in the playing squad. I mean how could we ever compete with a massive club like dundee united.

This thread is beginning to look and sound like OneF FFS!

Since the intro of the play offs the Championship has never been more exciting and I think that whilst they will be a challenge, Dundee U will provide a further four exciting games. St Mirren look like they may be useful, we have a couple of trips to Inverness to look forward to next season and I really look forward to visiting The hedge again after so long.

Cheer up FFS, we should be feeling positive about next season as we have a team well capable of challenging for promotion for the third successive season.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

So where will this desired investment come from? We can only work within our means. Granted we should've been better this season but going balls out on some debt trip would only cause problems in the long term. As an example of this, I'll give you: Falkirk Football Club, 2009-present.

Noones talking about going balls out but it's obvious that we are going to have to loosen the purse strings to get out of this league. We need better quality in and yet we're re-signing the likes of Kerr and offering Baird etc new contracts. We're also being linked to the likes of Stanton and Harris . Is it any wonder that fans aren't exactly overly ecstatic currently about the new season.

We're also being linked to the likes of Stanton and Harris . Is it any wonder that fans aren't exactly overly ecstatic currently about the new season.

When was the last time we were happy going into a new season? Maybe we are never happy[emoji3]

This thread is beginning to look and sound like OneF FFS!

Since the intro of the play offs the Championship has never been more exciting and I think that whilst they will be a challenge, Dundee U will provide a further four exciting games. St Mirren look like they may be useful, we have a couple of trips to Inverness to look forward to next season and I really look forward to visiting The hedge again after so long.

Cheer up FFS, we should be feeling positive about next season as we have a team well capable of challenging for promotion for the third successive season.

A long long way off OneF but I agree it has been exciting. However that excitement has for me helped mask serious failings from both the board & the manager. Not exactly clear what shape the team will take but the problem is that there seems to be an acceptance from the board & the manager that play offs constitutes success and there doesn't seem to be a onus to challenge for automatic promotion. I do wish I shared your optimism and hope you are correct but it is the hope that kills you.

Our most recent seasons have been a struggle due to less than impressive transfer activity during the close season. Best close season I can remember was the one under McCall. You knew by our signings that the team was going to be exciting to watch and would in all probability win the league. That was what you would really call a total overhaul. Something we badly needed this season but going by recent contract moves we ain't going to get.

Just read my post and I think I'll pop over to the United thread to cheer myself up. I imagine they are in full meltdown & I'm sure they will be getting all sorts of helpful & supportive advice from kind souls from other forums. [emoji12]

Our most recent seasons have been a struggle due to less than impressive transfer activity during the close season. Best close season I can remember was the one under McCall. You knew by our signings that the team was going to be exciting to watch and would in all probability win the league. That was what you would really call a total overhaul. Something we badly needed this season but going by recent contract moves we ain't going to get.

I remember playing in a tournament on the pitch at Brockville the day McCall was paraded in front of the press. You got assigned a player in your team and played a series of matches. It was fantastic. McCall wandered round shaking people's hands & you could tell it was going to be exciting. Problem with a tournament like that now is I'm not sure many of our current team would be any better than us.

4 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I remember playing in a tournament on the pitch at Brockville the day McCall was paraded in front of the press. You got assigned a player in your team and played a series of matches. It was fantastic. McCall wandered round shaking people's hands & you could tell it was going to be exciting. Problem with a tournament like that now is I'm not sure many of our current team would be any better than us.

You'd probably end up getting signed. It happened to the likes of Taylor Morgan and Rory boulding .