The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Trump said:

I don't know whether Dundee released him or he chose to leave of his own accord. It was quite clear McGovern was a stand out even back then and Ross County would have liked to have kept him.

On a serious note, McKee and this guy on two year deals seems risky if we are looking to get promoted next year.

As risky as not having a back up keeper or someone who can push Thompson? McKee has done well and deserved a contract.

Going by this forum we should only sign top quality players who will get us up, every signing should get the fans excited, the player can never have had an injury, the player should be experienced but not over the hill, can only have played at the top level with bigger teams than us as we should never sign anyone who has even been in Dumbarton never mind played for them. 

P.s any player who fill the above and signs for us will then be written off for any number of other reasons before playing for us!!

P.s any player who is even close to the above specifications and would be slaughtered if signing for us will, if signing for any other team be a reason for much wailing and gnashing of teeth by our support and used to crucify the board and Houston!

Can we no just give the team the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how comes in and who goes?? 

He's a backup goalie so will be cheap and it won't really matter what league we're in as he'll only bewarming the bench. Joe mckee would be a decent squad player in the top flight too. I'm more worried about him keeping fit for 2 years.

So, we are currently sitting with?

Robbie Thomson
David Mitchell

Lewis Kidd
Aaron Muirhead
Peter Grant
Luca Gasparotto
Tony Gallagher
Paul Watson

Tom Taiwo
James Craigen
Mark Kerr
Joe McKee
Myles Hippolyte
Liam Henderson
Cameron Blues

Nathan Austin
Kevin O'Hara
Scott Shepherd

23 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

So, we are currently sitting with?

Robbie Thomson
David Mitchell

Lewis Kidd
Aaron Muirhead
Peter Grant
Luca Gasparotto
Tony Gallagher
Paul Watson

Tom Taiwo
James Craigen
Mark Kerr
Joe McKee
Myles Hippolyte
Liam Henderson
Cameron Blues

Nathan Austin
Kevin O'Hara
Scott Shepherd

We need 2 full backs for starters. Decent right back to start and experienced left back as cover or in case gallacher turns out to be shit. Decent striker and a decent right mid.

We need 2 full backs for starters. Decent right back to start and experienced left back as cover or in case gallacher turns out to be shit. Decent striker and a decent right mid.

Don't disagree although I'm not sure we'll invest in a RB with Kidd & Muirhead on the books.

7 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Don't disagree although I'm not sure we'll invest in a RB with Kidd & Muirhead on the books.

Ideally we would be able to engineer a way to move Kidd on. Nothing against the guy and he's a tidy enough footballer but I don't think either him or Muirhead are the answer at RB. We obviously need a LB too to rival Gallagher. Anybody know anything about Peter Grant's wee brother who's been released by Norwich? Wonder if he's left footed and could do a job?

24 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Muirhead showed in the playoffs he ain't good enough as a starting right back whilst kidd is simply shit.If Houston doesn't realise we need a quality rb then we're in real trouble. We've got at least 4 central midfielders signed up for next season and yet we could still see sibbald back for a year so I wouldn't think alrrady having 2 players that can play rb if necessary would stop him get getting another one in.

Muirhead showed in the playoffs he ain't good enough as a starting right back whilst kidd is simply shit.If Houston doesn't realise we need a quality rb then we're in real trouble. We've got at least 4 central midfielders signed up for next season and yet we could still see sibbald back for a year so I wouldn't think alrrady having 2 players that can play rb if necessary would stop him get getting another one in.

I agree that we need a proper RWB/RB in, i'm just sceptical based on previous recruitment drives. I think it's more likely he'll invest in an experienced left back & another centre half to replace McCracken.

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I agree that we need a proper RWB/RB in, i'm just sceptical based on previous recruitment drives. I think it's more likely he'll invest in an experienced left back & another centre half to replace McCracken.

We've got 4 centrehalfs we certainly don't need another. That would be a total waste of a wage.

We need a LB full stop as Gallacher will be sold after the Early bird ST window closes. We have to sell a player each season to bridge the financial hole and he is the only player we will get anything for

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We need a LB full stop as Gallacher will be sold after the Early bird ST window closes. We have to sell a player each season to bridge the financial hole and he is the only player we will get anything for

We'll need two left backs then. I'd still like to see Gallacher in the first team for a good few games to see if he's all that. Started off well the last time and then had a couple of absolute mares before being dropped. At his age he should be a stick on every week if he's as good as some folk say.

We'll need two left backs then. I'd still like to see Gallacher in the first team for a good few games to see if he's all that. Started off well the last time and then had a couple of absolute mares before being dropped. At his age he should be a stick on every week if he's as good as some folk say.

We need to sell.

I realise that but I'd much rather we flogged sibbald to be honest. You'd have thought our sizeable prize money would cover some of that gap in the balance sheet.

No one will pay 200k in Scotland for Sibbald or 300k down south so that is not an option.

The prize money increase has merely narrowed the gap in the P&L.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

No one will pay 200k in Scotland for Sibbald or 300k down south so that is not an option.

The prize money increase has merely narrowed the gap in the P&L.

Our prize money has gone up by about 300k the past few seasons has it not the same as one decent sale. I'd be surprised if anyone will pay that up front for Gallacher either until hes proven himself in the first team.a bit more.