The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I don't care whether he's a new manager or not getting hammered off queen of the south is unacceptable.  Been virtually no new manager bounce at all after smith had steadied the ship. Early days but far from impressed so far.

You got hammered off Queen of the South under your old manager as well.

Last season there was a win each with two draws.

Perhaps you just need to learn your place.  There's only so far your team of journeymen can take you.

1 minute ago, palmy_cammy said:

Perhaps you just need to learn your place.  There's only so far your team of journeymen can take you.

Falkirk telt!

26 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't get beat but we shouldn't be getting hammered.

I don't care whether he's a new manager or not getting hammered off queen of the south is unacceptable.  Been virtually no new manager bounce at all after smith had steadied the ship. Early days but far from impressed so far.

TBF you would bitch on here if the pickled onion you asked for was missing from your fish supper

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Much bigger clubs than feeble Falkirk have been hammered  by us in recent seasons.

Know thy place.

Yip this is how far we have dropped. Losing 8

Goals to QOS in 2 games is frankly utterly embarrassing

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just a reminder that there were people who weren't particularly arsed about the departure of Luke Leahy.

A massive loss.

Both he and Vaulks are pretty average in terms of skill but we are significantly missing the passion, effort and commitment that they both brought to the team. Take McKee for example; a better player than either probably but only when the team is doing well. He seems to go missing when we're up against it as do a few others.

11 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Actual whit?

Technically I would say that McKee is a better footballer. Counts for little though if he can't perform when the going gets tough and we need him to impose himself on the game. I would take either of Vaulks or Leahy back tomorrow in exchange for McKee if it was possible.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yip this is how far we have dropped. Losing 8

Goals to QOS in 2 games is frankly utterly embarrassing

Delicious.

Mind you, I am sure you have suffered bigger humiliations over the course of the last 11 games. 

Don’t worry though. I think Hartley will steady the ship and you will pull clear of the relegation play-off zone with a month or so of the season to go.

What’s there to worry about?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

At least theres no cheating diving b*****ds like Dobbie in our team m8

Come off it Bairnardo. You would give your right hand for Dobbie and probably your left too for Lyle (for the rest of the season at least).

I keep an excel spreadsheet of FFC data and one of the things on it are contract durations, as per the info given out on the website when we sign a new player.  I was just having a look at it after someone commented about our goalie being likely to be on his way if Hartley signs a replacement.

It's interesting to note that virtually all of the senior pros are out of contract at the end of the season. The exceptions being McKee, Harris, Loy, Mitchell (David), & Shepherd. I include the latter because he's too old to be classed as a U20 player. We have options on a couple of others such as Sibbald and McGhee, but the option lies with the club which means the manager can ditch them if he wants to.

Unless performances improve dramatically I imagine we'll see a major turnover of players in the summer. The obvious question is how many will Hartley be able to release or get out on loan in January? The outcome of our season could well depend on it, because we have a very large squad and I can't see new players coming  in unless we get existing ones off the wage bill.

A few of the U20s will also be out of contract in the summer; ie  Langton, Mitchell (Jonny), O' Hara , Peggie and Stowe.   Most of whom I would like to see extended for another year, and a couple of which I think could do a turn in the first team. Cieran Dunne hasn't done too badly, particularly when you consider that he's only been a professional for four months,  so why not give some of older boys a shot before the January window opens?