The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

At least theres no cheating diving b*****ds like Dobbie in our team m8

You're obviously disregarding 2 players in your present squad,  who I'm not allowed to mention by name, because I would be accused of being biased against for the wrong reasons, who are well known as the biggest cheating divers in the  League.

You're obviously disregarding 2 players in your present squad,  who I'm not allowed to mention by name, because I would be accused of being biased against for the wrong reasons, who are well known as the biggest cheating divers in the  League.

Ooft. State of that btw.

Few boys have absolutely flew into that comment here tbh.*

*Of course a bit of mild baiting shouldn't detract from the severe whataboutery that has reared it's ugly head here

Nae idea how you managed to get so many bites there. Fair play.

Usual crappy post match interview after the game.  We've just lost 4 goals after 4 clean sheets and yet no questions on what's the story with Peter grant. How long will he be out for and why he went back to the same defence that was costing us at the tail end of houstons tenure.

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Usual crappy post match interview after the game.  We've just lost 4 goals after 4 clean sheets and yet no questions on what's the story with Peter grant. How long will he be out for and why he went back to the same defence that was costing us at the tail end of houstons tenure.

tbf on the man he is trying to assess them for himself as much as Smith had it steadied with the change in back four he had to gauge for himself, with the 4 clean sheets he can pin point the issues , He did say he has finished assessing them and said no jersey is safe, i would say a majority of that squad either need to get there finger out there arse or Hartleys option is a Jack Ross style clear out which is more than what is needed.

Hopefully he sees what we can all see then - TG isn’t ready.  Our best defence has McGhee LB, Muirhead RB (for now). The middle of the park needs more flair than a Kerr - McKee or Kerr - Taiwo combo offers. Wide options are really only Hippo and Dunne, upfront assuming he’s now fit Loy needs a run to build confidence, maybe time for OHara to get more time ahead of Austin.

I keep an excel spreadsheet of FFC data and one of the things on it are contract durations, as per the info given out on the website when we sign a new player.  I was just having a look at it after someone commented about our goalie being likely to be on his way if Hartley signs a replacement.
It's interesting to note that virtually all of the senior pros are out of contract at the end of the season. The exceptions being McKee, Harris, Loy, Mitchell (David), & Shepherd. I include the latter because he's too old to be classed as a U20 player. We have options on a couple of others such as Sibbald and McGhee, but the option lies with the club which means the manager can ditch them if he wants to.
Unless performances improve dramatically I imagine we'll see a major turnover of players in the summer. The obvious question is how many will Hartley be able to release or get out on loan in January? The outcome of our season could well depend on it, because we have a very large squad and I can't see new players coming  in unless we get existing ones off the wage bill.

A few of the U20s will also be out of contract in the summer; ie  Langton, Mitchell (Jonny), O' Hara , Peggie and Stowe.   Most of whom I would like to see extended for another year, and a couple of which I think could do a turn in the first team. Cieran Dunne hasn't done too badly, particularly when you consider that he's only been a professional for four months,  so why not give some of older boys a shot before the January window opens?

Appreciate the levels of geekishness in the compiling of this spreadsheet. [emoji106]

Interested in people’s thoughts of who (if any) they’d offer a new contract from our current squad if starting from scratch was an option. A bit of fantasy football I know but keen to see how people feel about the squad we have at the moment.

For me Balatoni & McKee worth a new deal. I’d also keep Hippo & Austin but not sure I would be overly fussed about anyone else, maybe Grant and even though it will upset Bairnado I wouldn’t offer a deal to Wee Tom Taiwo, injured too often for me.

Thoughts please.

McGhee, ballatoni, Muirhead, craigen McKee hippo, Grant, loy  and sibbald are probably the only players I'd like to keep of the senior players. Wouldn't be sad to see any of the rest out the door. Like taiwo but we can't afford to have a player that misses that many games. Grant is beginning to get like that too.

Way i see it we have 2 months till the transfer window opens thats 2 months Hartley has to look at new recruits, if the board argue with the we cant afford to release them then they can look at relegation then ask can they afford to release them as thats the options.  Off the top of my head i can think of 6 we could lose or get shot of in January.  Thing is new players need to hit the ground running.

McGhee, ballatoni, Muirhead, craigen McKee hippo, Grant, loy  and sibbald are probably the only players I'd like to keep of the senior players. Wouldn't be sad to see any of the rest out the door. Like taiwo but we can't afford to have a player that misses that many games. Grant is beginning to get like that too.

Muirhead!! Really? Also surprised to see Craigen on your list.

I would keep McGhee, Grant, MCKee, Sibbald, Hypo, Dunne and Austin.

Still believe we will sell Gallacher in January despite him struggling for form.

I would get shot of the rest including Balatoni despite his good form so far. We can certainly get better than him.

Squad of 15 plus kids. Get to f**k out of the U20 league and pile every bit of resource into the first team.