The Falkirk FC Thread

After the high horse Harry's came on here slating us before we had even voted talking of boycotting Ochilview etc. I would pish myself if Falkirk voted Newco into the 1st. :lol:

The thing is, I will be consistent. If Falkirk have voted for this I will not be back. It will break my heart to walk away but if my club have condoned this then I cannot continue to support them.

I won't be hugely surprised but it'll make me sick. No games for me till anyone responsible has left the club. The silence since yesterday has been deafening and Elvis had been saying the day before he wanted a "Yes" vote.

Hopefully JaB is at the wind-up :(

Won't do anything daft til its confirmed. As has been said, a lot of clubs haven't made statements yet. Will be truly gutted if it is indeed true and all the verbals we've give other fans should be directed at us.

There's nothing we can do until its confirmed or denied. Ive emailed the club asking if a statement will be made.

Hopefully its nonsense and we voted against it but Im not overly confident.

David White was our rep at the meeting, not Martin Richie though apparently.

As I said, I wouldn't be surprised. Pressley wanted it and Ritchie etc seem to think the sun shines out his arse.

When did Pressley change his mind? He was always NO as far as I knew.

Don't think anyone here knows how the board voted, but I don't see how anyone can be surprised if they voted yes. They've consistently said the Rangers collapse could provide a huge opportunity to radically restructure Scottish football. Before Wednesday they said that what was on the table was not enough, and that Sevco should go to Div 3. Then Regan pops up with his offer of just about everything the board had been asking for, including a 16 team top tier. I wasn't convinced, with talk of "working parties" etc and nothing written in blood, but if the board were it would be entirely consistent with what they've said before for them to vote yes. If it had been a cast iron deal I would have applauded them for it.

Don't think anyone here knows how the board voted, but I don't see how anyone can be surprised if they voted yes. They've consistently said the Rangers collapse could provide a huge opportunity to radically restructure Scottish football. Before Wednesday they said that what was on the table was not enough, and that Sevco should go to Div 3. Then Regan pops up with his offer of just about everything the board had been asking for, including a 16 team top tier. I wasn't convinced, with talk of "working parties" etc and nothing written in blood, but if the board were it would be entirely consistent with what they've said before for them to vote yes. If it had been a cast iron deal I would have applauded them for it.

It wasnt a cast iron deal though, so there is absolutely no excuse. None at all.

Change should happen regardless of Newco. Newco have not been punished but been admitted following normal protocol. The fact 25 clubs out of 30 could see that restructuring talk was just a smoke screen to get things as close as back to normal makes the yes votes misjudged.

I will have some egg on my face after my stenny slagging and Facebook posts if the Bairns have said yes. I will hold my hands up and appologise. But one of the noises coming from the club suggested a yes vote was on the cards.

I'm not going to do anything until it's confirmed by the club. But if it was a yes, I could see myself not going back until those responsible are gone. I've not been getting along to games as often in the past couple of seasons and wouldn't find it as hard as others to give up. I feel for those of you who go a lot more regularly. The club have put you in a very awkward position.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Certainly, the bastion of knowledge that is the Daily Newco pinned Falkirk, Hamilton, Thistle, Queens and Brechin as the five who voted yes.

However, I'd certainly be looking for some clarity from your club over the whole issue.