The Falkirk FC Thread

Indeed. I have him down for six in total. Three against the Fifers, one against Raith (as mentioned previously) and the one you've mentioned at Ibrox. He also blasted in a freekick rebound in a playoff game at Easter Road, though as it deflected off Miller that goal might have been give to BSLM instead.

Aye that goal was given to Big Sexy.

Slight tangent, but did Vitor Lima ever score for us?

Never in a competitive game but I do mind him scoring 2 in friendlies. One at home against Norwich and an absolute belter from around 35 yards away to Raith.

Was a decent enough player for us the first time around pretty pointless signing second time however.

Do any of you Bairns remember a game against Partick back around 97?i think you might have won 4 3 after being 3 down.
I only ask as I always remember a 3 each draw at home to Utd the same day but was overshadowed by another game with a ridiculous comeback.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Do any of you Bairns remember a game against Partick back around 97?i think you might have won 4 3 after being 3 down.
I only ask as I always remember a 3 each draw at home to Utd the same day but was overshadowed by another game with a ridiculous comeback.

We beat them 4-3 in a cup replay in about 1991.

We were never 3 down though.

We did come back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Kilmarnock 4 or 5 years later, and hit the post in injury time too.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We beat them 4-3 in a cup replay in about 1991.

We were never 3 down though.

We did come back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Kilmarnock 4 or 5 years later, and hit the post in injury time too.

You just cant match games like that these days. Midweek under the lights at Brockville with a sizeable crowd .  I seem to remember that wee twat that used to play at the back for them getting sent off for lamping god when he was taking the pish out of him.  Gunner McWilliams score the winner.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aye, Bobby Law. The keeper sold the winner as well. What a night.

Aye he was a right wee w*nk. David Elliot ripped us a knew one too if I remember that night. Just a pity that was the only decent game he ever had at Brockville.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aye, Bobby Law. The keeper sold the winner as well. What a night.

I can remember watching the ball boys behind the goal celebrating when everyone else in the ground still had no idea if the goal had been awarded or not, I'm sure the keeper tried to palm the ball over the bar but it fell back down over the line despite the keeper trying to disguise the fact. 

Great night!

The 4-3 game was brilliant. Brockville was jam packed, I remember God pissing himself laughing near the dug outs when Bobby Law got sent off.

I've still got the highlights on a video along with a 3-1 defeat of Airdrie at Broomfield. Owen Coyle missed a pen and the ball broke up front and Stainrod done the rest. He then done a forward flip in front of the mass ranks of the navy blue army. We used to take upwards of 5000 to big games in they days.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I remember one against Livi around that time but cant remember if we were three or two down at half time. Steven Craig winner on his debut IIRC. My wee delighted coupon was in the paper the next day in the cooperage lane end. 

We were 2-0 down at half time and Totten then brought Craig on.  I'm sure it was Mark Kerr that scored the winner actually . Kerr scoring never leaves the old memory banks. Was a cracking finish too.

Just looked it up. Goals from Nicholls, Henry and Craig.

Whenever I hear the U2 song it's a beautiful day it reminds me of this game. They played it on football first or whatever it was called on stv when they were closing the show with our three goals.

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:
We were 2-0 down at half time and Totten then brought Craig on.  I'm sure it was Mark Kerr that scored the winner actually . Kerr scoring never leaves the old memory banks. Was a cracking finish too.

Just looked it up. Goals from Nicholls, Henry and Craig.

I wonder what game I'm thinking of then. Must be another livie game.  My bad was actually a 90th minute winner against St Mirren that Kerr scored.  Again it was a 3-2 game. Must be getting old as for some reason i thought it was Livie.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Slight tangent, but did Vitor Lima ever score for us?

I'm 99% sure I can remember him scoring an absolute peach in a friendly away to Raith in summer 2006, which would have been my now-wife's first away game.