The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
As ever, the oracle that is "Better Meddle" has the answers, and even better there's video highlights too -  Falkirk 4 Partick 3 Jan 1991... It was 1-1 at HT, Gunner McWilliams scored twice in the last 6 mins to take us through.  Brockville at its best - a Wednesday night under the lights, and just under 10,500 at the game...
Marshall; Cody, McQueen, Smith, Baptie; Hetherston, Taylor, Hughes, McWilliams; McGivern, Stainrod.  

It was a right frosty night and the pitch was getting really crusty at the end.

What a game. Sure Jim Duffy played for Partick that night too

On 22/01/2018 at 09:00, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We beat them 4-3 in a cup replay in about 1991.

We were never 3 down though.

We did come back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with Kilmarnock 4 or 5 years later, and hit the post in injury time too.

I remember that. Midweek game vs Killie.

I remember being right in line with John Clark's grunder of a free kick.

Good days.

Jakubiak doesn't look suited to the lone striker role unfortunately.  He's quick but looks more like a channel runner than anything else. I'd like to see him and Nelson up top at some point.  Bit worryed about nelson. He's a hard worker but badly needs to find the net before his confidence goes.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Jakubiak doesn't look suited to the lone striker role unfortunately.  He's quick but looks more like a channel runner than anything else. I'd like to see him and Nelson up top at some point.  Bit worryed about nelson. He's a hard worker but badly needs to find the net before his confidence goes.

Shouldve opened his account last night......at worst hit the target