The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Fair play to Falkirk, that Gallagher is an absolute dud. Getting rid of him, and getting in some decent cash is absolutely outstanding business. 

I was reading on the Livingston thread about their youth player Knox, he's been highly rated for years, has apparently had the top four clubs and Rangers chasing him, and yet they aren't impressed by him at all. One poster did mention his dad or some other relative was a journo though and was the one behind the hype train. 

Does Gallagher have similar? He's got even less defensively about him than Ryan Williamson, absolutely baffling. 

Aye Falkirk have completely fooled Liverpool

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

f**k that, he's pish. I'd rather punt him and bring in someone better to cover for Tumilty and Robson.

Aye but that would cost money that we can't really afford. Was thinking that he would maybe be loaned at Liverpool's expense as part of the deal. Wouldn't imagine that anyone that would be brought in purely as cover would be much good anyway?

20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Your seethe is quite bizarre. Why not be happy for the lad and pleased we got a decent fee?

For what it is worth I think he has the pace to cope at a decent level, he has composure on the ball and a fantastic touch.

They will build him up physically, improve his game understanding and his defensive qualities.

He may never get to the top level, in fact he probably won’t. But he is certainly nothing like the dud some are making out. 200k maybe a drop in the Ocean for Liverpool but they still don’t throw cash about for nothing.

Hopefully he does develop and we can enjoy a few add ons as we have had from Kingsley, Fulton and Vaulks.

I tend to agree, I think there's a player in there and possesses the attributes that you mention. I think he lacks a bit of aggression more than anything else and isn't street wise enough which is hardly surprising for someone his age.

55 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Was hoping that we may have kept Tony on loan for the rest of the season as we're woefully short of cover for the wing backs.

Why ?

He looked out of sorts with his defending in his last couple o games playing 3-5-2 and 25 goals lost with him in there and I reckon a large amount of them came down the left hand side.

If Robson stays fit and avoids suspension, Gallacher would have bench sores

26 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

A decent young goalie, has been on the bench for a couple of Celtic games but never made a first team appearance so don't know how good he is.  He's been capped by Northern Ireland at all youth levels up to  U19 so he can't be that bad

Time will tell, I dont take any notice of international caps outside the full international set up. We once had the two Scottish U21 goalies on our books and both are filtering around bottom tiers of Scottish football.

Someone has gave him the kiss of death tho with a remark about him being decent at crossed balls due to his height.....6ft 7in Scott Higgins anyone.....

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Why ?

He looked out of sorts with his defending in his last couple o games playing 3-5-2 and 25 goals lost with him in there and I reckon a large amount of them came down the left hand side.

If Robson stays fit and avoids suspension, Gallacher would have bench sores

Time will tell, I dont take any notice of international caps outside the full international set up. We once had the two Scottish U21 goalies on our books and both are filtering around bottom tiers of Scottish football.

Someone has gave him the kiss of death tho with a remark about him being decent at crossed balls due to his height.....6ft 7in Scott Higgins anyone.....

See my later post Dusty.

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Hazard is more like 6'5".  Goalies tend to develop later than outfield players so it's no surprise that he hasn't had any first team action yet.  We will see how he does in competitive games and will see how his work ethic and attitude are.  

3 hours ago, btb said:

As the late, great Tom Petty said you got lucky!

I dont think many wouldve seen that coming from either fans of Falkirk or any club that has witnessed him play this season.

He obviously has been scouted from way back from the development games and they will feel they can add to his game, Liverpool did buy Ryan Flynn from us without him making a single first team game. 200k to Liverpool will be a top players wage for a week tho......

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Your seethe is quite bizarre. Why not be happy for the lad and pleased we got a decent fee?

For what it is worth I think he has the pace to cope at a decent level, he has composure on the ball and a fantastic touch.

They will build him up physically, improve his game understanding and his defensive qualities.

He may never get to the top level, in fact he probably won’t. But he is certainly nothing like the dud some are making out. 200k maybe a drop in the Ocean for Liverpool but they still don’t throw cash about for nothing.

Hopefully he does develop and we can enjoy a few add ons as we have had from Kingsley, Fulton and Vaulks.

I asked you a question because I disagreed with what you'd said. If you believe that's "seethe" I'm a bit confused.

There is certainly room there for him to improve but I haven't seen anything in the 10+ times I've seen him to suggest he's a wonderkid. Liverpool pay people a fair whack of cash to identify talent and they had a week to look at him. They decided he was worth bringing in so must see something in him.

We haven't had any add ons for Fulton or Vaulks as neither have moved on from the clubs that bought them from us?

9 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

More to the point; who do we want in the Europa League qualifiers? 

Cyprus. Napa 2018. Everywhere we go.

29 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I asked you a question because I disagreed with what you'd said. If you believe that's "seethe" I'm a bit confused.

There is certainly room there for him to improve but I haven't seen anything in the 10+ times I've seen him to suggest he's a wonderkid. Liverpool pay people a fair whack of cash to identify talent and they had a week to look at him. They decided he was worth bringing in so must see something in him.

We haven't had any add ons for Fulton or Vaulks as neither have moved on from the clubs that bought them from us?

Cyprus. Napa 2018. Everywhere we go.

These would be add-on's for making their debuts, number of 1st team games etc. (I assume)

Tommy Robson has signed permantly has he not?

My only gripe with Gallacher is he seemed to be a bit timid and scared to express his ability. Robson has came in with a point to prove and can see he gives 110% in both attacking and defensive duties. Liverpool have watched him for a week so there’s no doubting he has potential; it just never seemed to show in 1st team games. I also accept he came in when we were on our worst run I can remember since the relegation/Airdrie going bust season.