The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Tommy Robson has signed permantly has he not?

My only gripe with Gallacher is he seemed to be a bit timid and scared to express his ability. Robson has came in with a point to prove and can see he gives 110% in both attacking and defensive duties. Liverpool have watched him for a week so there’s no doubting he has potential; it just never seemed to show in 1st team games. I also accept he came in when we were on our worst run I can remember since the relegation/Airdrie going bust season. 

Robson is on a 6 month contract after being released by Sunderland.

Hoping the money we get from Tony goes towards getting my sweet Louie and Robson onto two year deals.

Also terrified about losing McGhee and Sibbs next season, I’d be activating their second year clause.

I think Sibbs will end up going but I’d love to have McGhee for another year. Boys absolutely class.

My problem with Gallacher is he simply seems terrified to put in a tackle. He needs to start letting wingers know he' there and if that means taking a yellow card then so be it. 

We got 45k or something like that last season for vaulks playing a certain number of games.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My problem with Gallacher is he simply seems terrified to put in a tackle. He needs to start letting wingers know he' there and if that means taking a yellow card then so be it. 

We got 45k or something like that last season for vaulks playing a certain number of games.

You just have to look at Ryan Blair,left Falkirk as a skinny wee laddie and returned to Falkirk for Swansea as a lot stronger and a far more all round player.

Forgive me for my laziness and ignorance, but is Gallacher as good as other lads you’ve brought through in recent years?

I know he was a bit older when he got his move, but I remember being hugely impressed with Stephen Kingsley a few seasons ago. Now he’s gone on to do fairly well for himself, but not Liverpool degrees of well! After reportedly interesting Barcelona a year or so back I can’t remember ever really being blown away with Gallacher - albeit given the Bairns teams we’ve played so far this season that probably isn’t his fault.

Good luck to him anyway. Always nice to see a player from one of our diddy clubs get a great move. Can only imagine how good he’d be if he’d spent the last two seasons playing for an Old Firm youth team in League 2 though...

Robson is on a 6 month contract after being released by Sunderland.

6 month deal but we have an option to extend it for 2 more years. Obviously put in place when we were struggling but seems good business.

I’d be extending his deal with Mcghee and Sibbald asap but the club will want us to be away from relegation play offs before doing so.

After a shaky start, Kingsley was an absolute Rolls Royce. You could see he was nippy, skilful, strong and had vision.

Gallacher - I don't watch the U20s but I can imagine he appeared similar in those matches. 1st XI games though - not so much. He's got the vision, but does not appear strong or brave enough at the moment. In all honestly he looked terrified a lot of the time, but playing in Houstie's heroes this season had me terrified too and I'm in the South Stand.

There's definitely a player in there though, and while Liverpool could lose £20M down the sofa and not even notice it, they won't sign duds deliberately. He'll get a decent gig somewhere, I wish him all success.

3 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

6 month deal but we have an option to extend it for 2 more years. Obviously put in place when we were struggling but seems good business.

I’d be extending his deal with Mcghee and Sibbald asap but the club will want us to be away from relegation play offs before doing so.

Just imagine the damage Sibbs and Robson would do in the seaside league though.

#worthit

#notworthit

32 minutes ago, brokeville said:

I love Hartley’s comments regarding Gallacher “he’s another one of the conveyor belt” yes he’s right but unfortunately that conveyor belts been dismantled by a bunch of incompetent fools.

This is the current state!

stock-photo-a-broken-down-conveyor-belt-in-an-abandoned-factory-180441.jpg

Edited by Shadwell Dog

34 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Harris to leave next....

Putting one of my hands on the bible and praying to the big man up there that this goes through, get him punted.

By the 'big man' I am obviously referring to  Don Hartley by the way.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn