The Falkirk FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Most boys that have left, obviously Kerr and BSLM, Henderson, Shepherd and even Luca and Craigen I wish them well. Just wasnt to be. 

With Harris though, I cant forgive the shitbaggery he has displayed when he found his team in trouble. I hope he goes. If he does, I have no more to say about him. Wasnt a Falkirk player. 

I've been a big fan of his .

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

With Harris though, I cant forgive the shitbaggery he has displayed when he found his team in trouble. I hope he goes. If he does, I have no more to say about him. Wasnt a Falkirk player. 

There possibly is a player in there in the same way there is with Craigen and McKee but getting that 10,20 or 30% over season where they prove that, isn't good enough.

I was impressed with his passing against the seaside league teams in the cup but against fellow league teams that disappeared, he did also.

I didn't think McKee's heart was in it either tother night, tho probably hard to fully judge after Taiwo went off.

We are awash with centre mids, could do with another out

I have no real delight in saying I told you so as its cost our club a decent whack of cash and the fans the pain of having to watch this charlatan in a bairns top.  The championship though isnt the place for players that come in under the 'he just needs an arm round his shoulder/he's a confidence type of player' banner.As soon as you hear that we should be saying thanks but no thanks.

I think both Harris and McKee aren't awful players to have around. I also think that both could look good in a team that's performing well. We will need squad players between now and May who are happy enough to not play every week and just come on in the odd game or for injuries and suspensions (you know, the type Houston basically tried to make an entire first time out of). I'm still a bit concerned by the full back situation though. If Tommy Robson or Tumilty get injured we are once again in trouble. It's also worth noting that currently we have Jakubiak, O'Hara, Nelson and Loy as 4/5 of our strike force who have scored precisely 0 goals between them for us this season. Yes Jakubiak has not played a full game for us yet and Nelson hasn't been here long but I still don't think we are sure to get enough goals out of that lot and Longridge could easily go off the boil at any point. Personally i'd have to liked to see O' Hara go out on loan till the end of the season, taking some of the focus away from his involvement in the Sheils issue, and get in someone who at least has some kind of record of putting the ball in the net. 

13 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

I think both Harris and McKee aren't awful players to have around. I also think that both could look good in a team that's performing well. We will need squad players between now and May who are happy enough to not play every week and just come on in the odd game or for injuries and suspensions (you know, the type Houston basically tried to make an entire first time out of). I'm still a bit concerned by the full back situation though. If Tommy Robson or Tumilty get injured we are once again in trouble. It's also worth noting that currently we have Jakubiak, O'Hara, Nelson and Loy as 4/5 of our strike force who have scored precisely 0 goals between them for us this season. Yes Jakubiak has not played a full game for us yet and Nelson hasn't been here long but I still don't think we are sure to get enough goals out of that lot and Longridge could easily go off the boil at any point. Personally i'd have to liked to see O' Hara go out on loan till the end of the season, taking some of the focus away from his involvement in the Sheils issue, and get in someone who at least has some kind of record of putting the ball in the net. 

Harris is as much use as an ashtray on a feckin motorbike.  He's an utter shitebag as was confirmed against Dunfermline recently and has only done anything against seaside league teams or for 45 mins against Dumbarton.  Mckee is possibly a useful squad player but we have far too many centre mids as it is.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Harris is as much use as an ashtray on a feckin motorbike.  He's an utter shitebag as was confirmed against Dunfermline recently and has only done anything against seaside league teams or for 45 mins against Dumbarton.  Mckee is possibly a useful squad player but we have far too many centre mids as it is.

Sibbald, Blair, Taiwo, Mckee, Kidd. That's stretching FAR too many a bit given that we've been playing 3 of those at a time recently. 

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We have Welsh as well. McKee is the worst of that group of 6.

I'd forgotten about him entirely. Okay maybe that's one too many then. Would add that at this point i'm still not sold on Welsh and would possibly take McKee over him but I wouldn't be overly upset to see McKee go either. As for the Harris is a shitebag argument, I kinda don't really care if he is, he's not in the team to make crunching tackles. If you pack your team with hard men you end up with a total mess with a very low ceiling as to what can actually be achieved. My big issue with Harris is that his concentration seems to be incredibly fickle and he loses focus incredibly easily. He turns off to the game and often doesn't seem aware of what's going on around him.

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I have no real delight in saying I told you so as its cost our club a decent whack of cash and the fans the pain of having to watch this charlatan in a bairns top.  The championship though isnt the place for players that come in under the 'he just needs an arm round his shoulder/he's a confidence type of player' banner.As soon as you hear that we should be saying thanks but no thanks.

I don't think you can really judge a player at your club till he is there, if you also suggested Loy to be shit this season, then hats off...

I've seen players be shit or good at other clubs, come to us and be the opposite, same applies leaving us.

Harris should've been on a one year contract with another year with the club having the option as we seem to be doing now, perhaps keeping him hungry other than settling for a free year with another in front of him.

See Sibbald, who knows he will need to play his way out of the club this season because we hold him for another season if we wish to.

I mind when the Hubz fans were all jumping in defending him and it was only our poor club that was not allowing him to flourish. Bit quieter now.

Yes, I recollect TGIG telling us how lucky we were to have him and how he would be a notch higher than anyone else at the club....LOL!

9 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

loy will be on a far higher salary than Harris and has contributed pretty much nothing to date.

Believe it or not, Loy has been top of our "assists" table for the best part of four months.  And still is, though Sibbald drew level with him at the start of January.

Both have set up four goals.

Loys' four came against:

Stirling Albion at TFS, when he put in a low cross for Fash to slide in and score,

Inverness at Sneckie in July, when he picked up a terrible clearance from the keeper and played in Fash to score,

St Mirren on the opening day of the League, when he hit a cross that the keeper palmed up into the air for Fash to head in, and

Sligo, when he advanced on the right side of the box and then slid a square pass to the unmarked Fash who scored.

Sibbs and Loy have four assists, Craigen Harris & Dunne have three and then there's a pile of players on two.

Believe it or not, Loy has been top of our "assists" table for the best part of four months.  And still is, though Sibbald drew level with him at the start of January.
Both have set up four goals.
Loys' four came against:
Stirling Albion at TFS, when he put in a low cross for Fash to slide in and score,
Inverness at Sneckie in July, when he picked up a terrible clearance from the keeper and played in Fash to score,
St Mirren on the opening day of the League, when he hit a cross that the keeper palmed up into the air for Fash to head in, and
Sligo, when he advanced on the right side of the box and then slid a square pass to the unmarked Fash who scored.

Sibbs and Loy have four assists, Craigen Harris & Dunne have three and then there's a pile of players on two.

thanks bb. it's interesting however one league assist all season and we are going into february is a very very poor return. was so excited at him signing and playing with Austin etc can't believe how it's actually turned out this season. sitting second bottom when I thought we'd win the league and now with practically a new side. at least 4 wins from 6 suggests looking upwards rather than downwards

Guest Back Post Misses
Cyprus. Napa 2018. Everywhere we go.

We have had add ons for both due to first team appearances. At the AGM the Vaulks one was mentioned.

As far as your view on Gallacher we will agree to disagree.