The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Trip to Aberdeen for the winners...fortunately not to Pittodrie...

Formartine is a great wee ground. Saw us pre-season under Pressley

Good draw in the cup for once BUT !

If and it's a big if --- the bairns beat Livi.    Formartine or Cove will be no pushovers. Two good sides that don't lose many goals and are used to scoring them.   Falkirk will have to turn up with the correct attitude, if they do then it can be won.  All it will take is 2 or 3 players thinking it's in the bag and go through the motions. We should be in no doubt Falkirk will be out. Cove will be favourites to win their cup tie so if it's them it will be played at the Inverurie Loco ground as Cove are getting a new ground built

Good draw in the cup for once BUT !
If and it's a big if --- the bairns beat Livi.    Formartine or Cove will be no pushovers. Two good sides that don't lose many goals and are used to scoring them.   Falkirk will have to turn up with the correct attitude, if they do then it can be won.  All it will take is 2 or 3 players thinking it's in the bag and go through the motions. We should be in no doubt Falkirk will be out. Cove will be favourites to win their cup tie so if it's them it will be played at the Inverurie Loco ground as Cove are getting a new ground built

That’s a shame as I think their ground was just off the sea front.
It’s also a bit more difficult to get to Inverurie (and Formartine).
Mind you the real challenge is to get past livvy first.
Would this game be all ticket? Not sure what the capacity of these grounds are...

47 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s a shame as I think their ground was just off the sea front.
It’s also a bit more difficult to get to Inverurie (and Formartine).
Mind you the real challenge is to get past livvy first.
Would this game be all ticket? Not sure what the capacity of these grounds are...

Don't know, will find out and post.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just seen Tom Taiwo in another teams shirt. Was sick a little in my mouth.

Would it make you feel any better if you knew that all three of his Falkirk goals have come against the same team - yep, and all at East End Park as well?

Would it make you feel any better if you knew that all three of his Falkirk goals have come against the same team - yep, and all at East End Park as well?

Na, I mind he scored a double at east end park in the cup a few years ago, he scored this season there also, but I’m pretty sure he scored against raith rovers last season at starks Park.

9 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Na, I mind he scored a double at east end park in the cup a few years ago, he scored this season there also, but I’m pretty sure he scored against raith rovers last season at starks Park.

Oops - I shouldn't trust Wikipedia.

It credits him with three, and having been at both EEP games, assumed it was those.

75% of his goals then.

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

We were up at Formartine  preseason in 2012.... 1-1 I think.

Formartine.jpg

Indeed. A goal from Steven Brisbane of all people. I seem to recall the team bus being extremely late arriving, and that being the first game for a new kitman, along with Leahy and Taylor. Not counting the closed-door friendly two days prior at Forthbank.

Oops - I shouldn't trust Wikipedia.
It credits him with three, and having been at both EEP games, assumed it was those.
75% of his goals then.

Well, not quite.

You’re still missing his goal at Ibrox in our 2-2 draw there few weeks before the cup final.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Well, not quite.

You’re still missing his goal at Ibrox in our 2-2 draw there few weeks before the cup final.

Indeed. I have him down for six in total. Three against the Fifers, one against Raith (as mentioned previously) and the one you've mentioned at Ibrox. He also blasted in a freekick rebound in a playoff game at Easter Road, though as it deflected off Miller that goal might have been give to BSLM instead.