The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

He has definitely proved any doubters wrong about his ability to spot a good player, but there are conflicting views re how good a man-Manager he is,but I guess that will be clear in coming weeks.

Still far too early to tell if the players are good signings, Longridge still has to give us an away performance to match his couple of superb home games, Tumilty has been up and down, Robson been superb for me, Welsh been poor, Nelson been Ok and Blair and tother striker still to play.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Can you think of any other plausible reason why fans were against Hartley from the off but were going gaga over the prospect of Super Salary coming in?

I've not heard of anyone going gaga over sally, more the opposite.

I think it would be more of his attitude at times, both as player and manager, he will never be anyone's pal or share a PR statement that gets our advertising team creaming. 

That doesn't matter a jot to me, as long as we get results and hopefully performances 

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Still far too early to tell if the players are good signings, Longridge still has to give us an away performance to match his couple of superb home games, Tumilty has been up and down, Robson been superb for me, Welsh been poor, Nelson been Ok and Blair and tother striker still to play.

I've not heard of anyone going gaga over sally, more the opposite.

I think it would be more of his attitude at times, both as player and manager, he will never be anyone's pal or share a PR statement that gets our advertising team creaming. 

That doesn't matter a jot to me, as long as we get results and hopefully performances 

Longridge was excellent on Saturday at Morton.

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There's a pitch inspection taking place just now at Livingston.

Game will more than likely be off but whats the point in having an inspection just now?   Surely the morning would suffice as the conditions could be totally different by then. Its not like its Inverness or dingwall  3 hrs away.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Game will more than likely be off but whats the point in having an inspection just now?   Surely the morning would suffice as the conditions could be totally different by then. Its not like its Inverness or dingwall  3 hrs away.

Dunno. Weird one.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Did they not have the recent one with a 1.30pm or later pitch inspection......

Ok for myself but others had left......tbh the team selection might influence my decision or how messy tonite gets

As for Longridge at Morton, he didnt wander into space and randomly kick the ball out.....he has done that at a few away games and some home ones.....

Still has a bit to go for me to think he is a player, cant fault his workrate......

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Did they not have the recent one with a 1.30pm or later pitch inspection......

Ok for myself but others had left......tbh the team selection might influence my decision or how messy tonite gets

As for Longridge at Morton, he didnt wander into space and randomly kick the ball out.....he has done that at a few away games and some home ones.....

Still has a bit to go for me to think he is a player, cant fault his workrate......

Yeah thats too late but say 11 o'clock tomorrow morning would be fine.  The thought of traipsing over their on a  freezing Tuesday night doesn't excite me one bit.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Postponed.

shockerooni. The usual surrounding areas pish.  I mean for all we know they could be okay by 3 o'clock tomorrow.  I can see them calling it off if the pitch was totally fecked and had no chance of being a goer but why call it off for the surrounding areas the day before? 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Miller signs with Livingston

Overall, I don't think everyone is hyped for this. I think he's more so coming in to do the coaching he wanted. We're favourites to sign Ryan Hardie so it would be a better option up top

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Overall, I don't think everyone is hyped for this. I think he's more so coming in to do the coaching he wanted. We're favourites to sign Ryan Hardie so it would be a better option up top

The deal is done. 

Edited by andylivi1

Loving this idea that the Falkirk support knew all along they’d struggle this season. 

I didn’t expect us to struggle as badly, but I certainly didn’t expect the league to be a cakewalk. Too many of our fans were properly wetting their knickers at beating third-rate diddy teams in the Mickey Mouse cup.

I don't think it's a coincidence that a good number of our fans were against his appointment from the off but were creaming themselves over the McCoist rumours. I'll leave you to wonder why that would have been.

They are thick?

12 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

The deal is done. 

I think Hardie will prove to be a great signing. Much like Reilly at St. Mirren, Livi could really kick start his career again. Also a really good deal for BSLM with an 18 month contract; I presume this will be as a player/coach?

Edited by wee_bairn