The Falkirk FC Thread

There’s no doubt that overall Houston did do a decent job for us. However player recruitment is certainly not his strongest skill. Just look at some of the utter shite that he signed.

Alex Tokarczyk

Ryan Sinnamon
Luca Gasparotto
Liam Henderson
Alan Maybury

Alex Harris
Owain Tudor Jones
Kevin McCann
Alex Cooper

Rory Boulding
Taylor Morgan

Still leaving the likes of John Rankin, David Smith, Fraser Aird, James Craigen, Joe McKee, Scott Shepherd, Jamie Macdonald.

Remember his first season's recruitment was awful, then it perked up, before falling off a cliff.
Boulding, Tudur-Jones, Tokarczyk, McCann etc.
Although Kidd could have been a decent signing from the start had he been played in beside TT instead of MK for the last year (fitness permitting).

None of us saw it though. Indeed Kidd was being slated on here for weeks. Funny how things sometimes work out..

There’s no doubt that overall Houston did do a decent job for us. However player recruitment is certainly not his strongest skill. Just look at some of the utter shite that he signed.

Alex Tokarczyk

Ryan Sinnamon
Luca Gasparotto
Liam Henderson
Alan Maybury

Alex Harris
Owain Tudor Jones
Kevin McCann
Alex Cooper

Rory Boulding
Taylor Morgan

Still leaving the likes of John Rankin, David Smith, Fraser Aird, James Craigen, Joe McKee, Scott Shepherd, Jamie Macdonald.

That’s a team of finishing 7th in League One proportions....

None of us saw it though. Indeed Kidd was being slated on here for weeks. Funny how things sometimes work out..

Tbf Kidd was fucking shite at right-back.

However considering the player himself has said he’s a central midfielder it does make sense.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well done Paul Hartley.

We have some utter mugs in our support.

“His Man management is atrocious”. FFS have you experienced it like?

You forget that a load of folk are desperate to find fault with Hartley for any reason they can find.

3 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Pars love our sloppy seconds, nothing new here.

Remember when they were splashing cash (they didn't have) and would take our decent players like Davie Moss?

Now they just take guys we are glad to get off the wagebill.

20 minutes ago, Russ said:

Tbf Kidd was fucking shite at right-back.

However considering the player himself has said he’s a central midfielder it does make sense.

Houston tried to make Craigen and Alston a right winger,Kidd and Aero a right back and Leahy a left back.

It really was a make do attitude.

Edited by Gaz FFC

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Hartley is doing a much better job than Houston i have to say.

In recruitment and actually playing players in the correct position 

To join the elite management team of Totten, Yogi and Houstie he needs to get us to a cup final and lose.

We usually coincide a cup final with a terrible league season so 1 incoming

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why would you believe that?

Because there are an inordinate amount of fans who demanded Hartley get instant success out of an unbalanced squad of hapless jobbers inherited from Houston. When it became obvious this wasn't going to happen, they were saying he should never have been appointed as he wasn't capable of turning it around.

Now that he is showing promising signs of being able to turn us into a half-decent, competitive team capable of surviving in this league, those same folk are now looking for something else to criticise.

I don't think it's a coincidence that a good number of our fans were against his appointment from the off but were creaming themselves over the McCoist rumours. I'll leave you to wonder why that would have been.

Because there are an inordinate amount of fans who demanded Hartley get instant success out of an unbalanced squad of hapless jobbers inherited from Houston. When it became obvious this wasn't going to happen, they were saying he should never have been appointed as he wasn't capable of turning it around.
Now that he is showing promising signs of being able to turn us into a half-decent, competitive team capable of surviving in this league, those same folk are now looking for something else to criticise.
I don't think it's a coincidence that a good number of our fans were against his appointment from the off but were creaming themselves over the McCoist rumours. I'll leave you to wonder why that would have been.

You really think the OF allegiance has anything to do with this? Can’t see it myself.
I think some of us, myself included, expected a bit of a bounce when he came in, especially after the Alex Smith wins, but were went back to being dire again. Then came the signs of disquiet with players and performances. Add to that the Dundee fans coming on here with their views in his possible inadequacies and questions were suddenly being asked. We were after all somewhat adrift in ninth place in the table and we had not won under Hartley either.
He has definitely proved any doubters wrong about his ability to spot a good player, but there are conflicting views re how good a man-Manager he is,but I guess that will be clear in coming weeks.

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s a team of finishing 7th in League One proportions....

I think lower than that, I watched the keeper throw about 4 into the net whilst on loan at Montrose in one game, the fact he lost his place to a part timer says it all whilst on loan.

25 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You forget that a load of folk are desperate to find fault with Hartley for any reason they can find.

Hartley hasn't got much in the bank for his time so far, its always gonna be like how he has been with our squad in that they/he needs to prove themselves.

Our form has went from horrendous to patchy.....so plenty room for improvement.

The best managers in the world get slated for results/performances/tactics, no one is safe from criticism 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You really think the OF allegiance has anything to do with this? Can’t see it myself.

Can you think of any other plausible reason why fans were against Hartley from the off but were going gaga over the prospect of Super Salary coming in?

Edited by Gaz

Can you think of any other plausible reason why fans were against Hartley from the off but were going gaga over the prospect of Super Salary coming in?

I can only recollect a few going nuts on here about any prospect of McCoist getting the job, myself included.

I have not looked on other forums though.

I really don’t think that the main reason for any criticism is Hartley’s OF past. It was the disappointing first two months that were the main concern to me.

Just now, NewBornBairn said:

Who the f**k wanted McCoist? I wouldn't have been back to TFS while he was there if he got the job.

You should check out the COYB Facebook page. I want to stop looking at it but I can't, it's like crack.

I can only recollect a few going nuts on here about any prospect of McCoist getting the job, myself included.
I have not looked on other forums though.
I really don’t think that the main reason for any criticism is Hartley’s OF past. It was the disappointing first two months that were the main concern to me.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I'm not really sure what folk expected. Alex Ferguson would have struggled to get anything out of that squad.