The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
No that happened. It was some sort of charity gig IIRC. 
It was the same day Myles Hippolyte caused the largest mass-headsgone known to man and Wee Sibbald shooshed yous.

What a fucking day that was.

tapatalk_1501399498759.thumb.jpeg.f1ec79f6e398ee3e57dba1972ca483a0.jpeg

The mouth foaming from our six fingered friends after the game that day was glorious.

Was that when their propensity for grassing started?

DA official feed acted like Pravda post this game blocking lots of Falkirk Fans.

Up there with the biggest communal heads gone moments of all time.

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The mouth foaming from our six fingered friends after the game that day was glorious.

Was that when their propensity for grassing started?

DA official feed acted like Pravda post this game blocking lots of Falkirk Fans.

Up there with the biggest communal heads gone moments of all time.

That was also the post-match where we announced that we were going to start calculating our crowds in the same way Falkirk do.

If everyone wins their games in hand we’re suddenly 7 behind United, 4 behind Morton, 3 behind Dunfermline, 1 behind Inverness and 1 ahead of QOS.

I fear it’s too little too late though with five of the next six away from home.

Was thinking about the transformation of the team since the transfer window opened. I looked back on the table after the Dumbarton game, compared it to now and I think it goes something like this...

Livingston P14 Gd+16 Pts29

St Mirren P12 Gd+15 Pts29

Falkirk P13 Gd+10 Pts26

Morton P14 Gd+5 Pts21

Dunfermline P13 Gd+5 Pts20

Queen of the South P14 Gd-6 Pts16

Inverness P11 Gd+1 Pts15

Dundee United P12 Gd-7 Pts10

Dumbarton P12 Gd-15 Pts8

Brechin P13 Gd-23 Pts1

Was thinking about the transformation of the team since the transfer window opened. I looked back on the table after the Dumbarton game, compared it to now and I think it goes something like this...

Livingston P14 Gd+16 Pts29
St Mirren P12 Gd+15 Pts29
Falkirk P13 Gd+10 Pts26
Morton P14 Gd+5 Pts21
Dunfermline P13 Gd+5 Pts20
Queen of the South P14 Gd-6 Pts16
Inverness P11 Gd+1 Pts15
Dundee United P12 Gd-7 Pts10
Dumbarton P12 Gd-15 Pts8
Brechin P13 Gd-23 Pts1

I guess there’s a warning in this for those of us optimistic enough to believe we still have a chance of fourth. Over thirteen games, whilst playing fairly well, we have only gained 5 or 6 points on the Pars and Ton, who, if we get past Queens on Tuesday night will be the teams we need to pass.
Tall order.

That was also the post-match where we announced that we were going to start calculating our crowds in the same way Falkirk do.

Given your clubs past financial ‘challenges’, I guess it would be good to see the Pars starting to count in the proper fashion...

Guest Back Post Misses

I guess there’s a warning in this for those of us optimistic enough to believe we still have a chance of fourth. Over thirteen games, whilst playing fairly well, we have only gained 5 or 6 points on the Pars and Ton, who, if we get past Queens on Tuesday night will be the teams we need to pass.
Tall order.

Not going to happen. Win Tuesday and Saturday though........

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Given your clubs past financial ‘challenges’, I guess it would be good to see the Pars starting to count in the proper fashion...

Counting every season ticket, every ticket handed out, everyone who turns up and everyone who thought about turning up has seen crowds soar this year. 

Counting every season ticket, every ticket handed out, everyone who turns up and everyone who thought about turning up has seen crowds soar this year. 

No, you see it’s counting people who only thought about turning up that got you lot into so much trouble in the past....

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Tall order.

The folk that are optimistic enough to believe we still have a chance of fourth aren't realistic enough to take a warning.

The folk that are optimistic enough to believe we still have a chance of fourth aren't realistic enough to take a warning.

Why? We still have a chance.

I don’t think many, including myself, think we will do it, but at least it gives us something to aim for at this stage of a disappointing campaign.

Win on Tuesday and Saturday and what currently looks unrealistic will start to look just that little more possible. If we don’t, well, its what we all expected anyway.

What will be will be, really poor season but the last 8/9 weeks have been pretty good.

If you had said to me at the turn of the year when falkirk were in 9th, 9 points behind Dumbarton, only one win all season, with 8 points in total, that falkirk would have 37 points at this stage, I’d have thought you were a fucking mentalist.