The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Another Luke Leahy and 4 Will Vaulks will do for me.

Back line of Vaulks RB, Vaulks CB, Vaulks CB, Leahy LB and Vaulks at DM. I'll take that please, just hand us the title now. 

I'm firmly in the Muirhead must stay category, I love watching him play like the proper unhinged madman we haven't had for a while.  Never mind Carlisle, he'll be off to Bayern if he scores any more like Saturday, absolutely beautiful goal. Yes he makes mistakes but point me to a single defensive player in this division that doesn't. United still think they can get out of this league and they are starting Mohsni while the manager is publicly claiming to want him murdered.

I’m Of the same opinion of piposalabairn

muirhead is decent and gets the wrong criticism 

at the level of Scottish championship who would you swap him for that we can afford

heard  there are  a few clubs keen on him for next season from both sides of border

when will Hartley sign up any of current squad or pre contracts for next season?

Guest Back Post Misses
Had a few weeks to think about it now, but does anyone else feel concerned as I do about the decision to get rid of the Academy?
I do appreciate that we may be able to bring in some decent players from down South next season, but as a long term strategy it does not sit well with me. The Academy has not always been a success but it has been a source of good income from transfers and transfer add-ons at times so it does concern me that that option is disappearing.

Too early to judge either way. The new strategy is in its infancy.

Too early to judge either way. The new strategy is in its infancy.

Yep, the decision is made and we have to give it a chance.
However, as a club, we are known for our youth policy and have brought through a few decent players without rearing an out and out superstar. It was something that I think a few of us were proud of our club for.
No room for sentimentalism in business, but I can’t help but feel we have lost a bit of our identity...

If the teams winning that’s all that matters.

From a short term perspective, say the next season or two, yes. From a longer term financial and on the park success strategy, I am not so sure.
What do we fall back on if we bring in players that ain’t good enough? Probably players on wages higher than lads who would have come through the Academy into the first team.

Seems crazy to me that we binned something that was actually making us money. 

Think I read that we had to put £350k at it every year, so I assume they feel that in the short term that’ll help with the promotion issue. If not the bank balance.

Think I read that we had to put £350k at it every year, so I assume they feel that in the short term that’ll help with the promotion issue. If not the bank balance.

I believe the majority of that figure was spent on the development league side not the academy.

Are we doing away with the development side too?

Development leagues being replaced by reserves. This will allow us to run with a smaller squad and give more competitive game time to players not in the first team or coming back from injury.

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Development leagues being replaced by reserves. This will allow us to run with a smaller squad and give more competitive game time to players not in the first team or coming back from injury.

We wont have a reserve side.