The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Your right. No idea why i thought it was jakubiak the first time i watched it.doh.

Think they had same colour of boots

The voting is now open for the player of the year and the goal of the season.

Goal of the season : Andrew Nelson (vs. Greenock Morton). Easy choice for me, great move which ended with a fantastic finish. For all the seasons of enduring our tippy tappy sidewards game this move was a joy to watch. Robson's vs. Dundee United so a close second for me with the enjoyable viewing of Nelson ripping Oor Tam to set it up.

Player of the season : Very tough choice tbh. We were absolutely rancid until January with very little pass marks from anybody. Some players have been absolutely vital to our revival; such as, the Jak, Nelson, Robson and Longridge on his day. Over the season and more so since January, I feel Jordan McGhee has been our standout though. He has absolutely everything you want in a centre back and is a class above the Championship. Even during the madness between August-January, he never really put a foot wrong and in a comfortable 4-1 drubbing against Rangers he showed he never looked out of place. Most of all; he contributes to a team of sexy b*****ds.

Edited by wee_bairn

Dumbarton won today so arguably we still have work to do before we can press delete....
true picking up just 1 point from the last 6 has changed the dynamics from looking up to down again. it looks like we will finish 8th with a negative goal difference. we've rightly had plaudits for punch8ng above our weight in previous seasons with rangers hibs United etc however this season we have way underperformed for the first time in years and it doesn't feel good. we still get great attendances and this means we need to buy better for next season. it won't be easy next season with a better United possibly Partick Ayr raith who will be full time and better than Brechin.

true picking up just 1 point from the last 6 has changed the dynamics from looking up to down again. it looks like we will finish 8th with a negative goal difference. we've rightly had plaudits for punch8ng above our weight in previous seasons with rangers hibs United etc however this season we have way underperformed for the first time in years and it doesn't feel good. we still get great attendances and this means we need to buy better for next season. it won't be easy next season with a better United possibly Partick Ayr raith who will be full time and better than Brechin.

There’s a genuine threat that’s just appeared as a result of our failure today.
Dumbarton are eight behind us but still have a home game against us whilst we have difficult remaining fixtures away to Dundee U, St Mirren, ICT, and then St Mirren at home.
I think we need to find 3 points from that or to draw at Dumbarton to be absolutely sure.

We will finish comfortably ahead of Dumbarton and I don't buy into this United being better next season talk. Their days as a big club are gone, nothing but provincial diddies now with high overheads and a dwindling support. We really should be looking to set the pace next season.

4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We will finish comfortably ahead of Dumbarton and I don't buy into this United being better next season talk. Their days as a big club are gone, nothing but provincial diddies now with high overheads and a dwindling support. We really should be looking to set the pace next season.

We shall see. I think there are a lot of folk who expect us to absolutely skoosh the league next season. I don't.

See you next season then cunto.

For sure, but at least we've got a chance to escape in the right direction.

It's probably just as well both our clubs aren't in the play offs. Both of our records in such things is as bad as the other.

For sure, but at least we've got a chance to escape in the right direction.

It's probably just as well both our clubs aren't in the play offs. Both of our records in such things is as bad as the other.
Rest easy. I sincerely doubt anyone is going up via the playoffs this season. We should have a chance next season if Hartley recuits well. Early signs suggest he is capable and I was being serious about what I saod about our respective squads yesterday. Hartley is having to clear out a load of dross and replace it with less players but genuine quality. Our current team has a few players of genuine quality in it but we still carry too many not quite good enough. Expect the trend of a leaner but better squad to continue.

AJ seems to be loading you guys up though and it seems to mirror Houstons final season and a bit here. I have seen you lot moan that there is certain criteria players must meet for AJ to sign them. It was the exact same for us.

Leaving the patter in that horrific match thread aside about the quality of our players, if we can replace some of the dross with players who can match up to McGhee, Robson, Sibbald, Nelson and Jak in terms of quality, we will be very very strong. Thats our remit for next season.

The best bit of recruitment Hartley could do would be to bring in someone who understands tactics to assist him. He can spot a player and, judging by the second half yesterday, he can motivate a team but by Christ, what on earth was he doing playing a left-sided central defender as a right winger?

Sibbald's best season for us was combining with Leahy at left midfield. Recently he's been left side, right side, through the middle, in the no 10 hole, sitting deep .... and that's in one game! fuxxakes.