The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What's the deal with Robson? He's looked an absolute haddy in both games against us, runs about allot achieving absolutely nothing. 

He's been generally sound since signing, especially in his early matches. Certainly one I would like to keep.

51 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What's the deal with Robson? He's looked an absolute haddy in both games against us, runs about allot achieving absolutely nothing. 

He has looked better in most of the other games to be fair to him, we haven't played well against you guys as a whole team which hasn't helped but I think the formation also makes the wing backs look worse as they can often be out of position or exposed defensively and can often lack support going forward but he has got some good football in him. Will be one of the best players in the team/league next year if he stays I think.

He has looked better in most of the other games to be fair to him, we haven't played well against you guys as a whole team which hasn't helped but I think the formation also makes the wing backs look worse as they can often be out of position or exposed defensively and can often lack support going forward but he has got some good football in him. Will be one of the best players in the team/league next year if he stays I think.
The wing backs became less effective when we started shoehorning Louis into the midfield. With Taiwo and Kidd for example, away to Morton, Tumilty and Robson could bomb on because there were still bodies in the midfield to cover the flanks.

Louis playing there takes away and semblance of defensive cover and Welsh sinply didnt have the engine to back McGhee when he went forward.

I was really disappointed to see Blair dropped yesterday, thought he has played really well since he has come into the team except for losing his man at the corner for QoS goal, and although I may stand corrected hadn't lost in that time although I am in no way saying that is purely down to him.
Totally different player and by far a cut above in class footballer to guys like Taiwo. But it seems at this level and those within our support seem to love guys that will apparently 'add dig' 'put it about' 'go through someone''cover every blade of grass' as opposed to a guy that will keep hold of the ball which when we were overran yesterday, someone with an ability to not panic and hold possession and take it off our useless defenders who cannot pass was what was needed.
Almost forgot about this....

HIYA RYAN!

HIYA PAL!!!!

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The wing backs became less effective when we started shoehorning Louis into the midfield. With Taiwo and Kidd for example, away to Morton, Tumilty and Robson could bomb on because there were still bodies in the midfield to cover the flanks.

Louis playing there takes away and semblance of defensive cover and Welsh sinply didnt have the engine to back McGhee when he went forward.

Louis or Nelson playing off the Yak is fine but I agree it shouldn't be both. Our midfield was barely there on Saturday with Welsh drifting out wide. Hopefully this isn't the tactic for next season

If it’s true that Hartley doesn’t care for Taiwo and won’t renew his contract I hope he’s got someone as hard working and honest lined up. Welsh is OK but nothing more, like to think he’d be a squad player at most if he’s here next season.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Half true. I do rate Ryan Blair.

Clearly him tho. Or his maw

I am new to this so I could be, although my first post came during the QoS game precisely about time he was losing his man. But now I know the rules not to pass an opinion on new players or else you must be the man himself

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I must have the wrong player, I was meaning your striker, Nelson? 

Your wing backs very good at EEP but I didn't notice them as much at TFS. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Nelson was the one that went off after the vile assault from Mvoto

Kind of M'voto to spare you having to watch Nelson for the rest of a game, a mercy killing. 

Kind of M'voto to spare you having to watch Nelson for the rest of a game, a mercy killing. 
To give him his due, he has been very good from when he signed, but didnt return much goals wise. Recently he has started to find the net tho and will be a big miss. Really want him to sign up for next season

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Nelson's an utterly wonderful player. Would love both him and Jakubiak back next season.