The Falkirk FC Thread

Ah the new PnB cool act, calling things a state. Wins away to you come as regular as ice ages, accept a bit of Shite ribbing.

The problem with your wind up attempts is that no one on here believes we were unlucky. You deserved to win.
We move on now and focus on Tuesday night.

The problem with your wind up attempts is that no one on here believes we were unlucky. You deserved to win.
We move on now and focus on Tuesday night.

Not disputing luck, just grabbing a wee gloating moment. We don't get many. We need these games though.

Not disputing luck, just grabbing a wee gloating moment. We don't get many. We need these games though.

Yeah, well I guess prior to this season you have been a bit deprived, so enjoy it whilst you can.
I did think the build up prior to the game, and the atmosphere at the game, were first class. Particularly when you consider that we had little left to play for.
Look forward to these games again next season (probably).

45 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yeah, well I guess prior to this season you have been a bit deprived, so enjoy it whilst you can.
I did think the build up prior to the game, and the atmosphere at the game, were first class. Particularly when you consider that we had little left to play for.
Look forward to these games again next season (probably).

Even with Dumbarton winning theres nae chance we're going down so i think we're guaranteed these games next season.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

The best bit of recruitment Hartley could do would be to bring in someone who understands tactics to assist him. He can spot a player and, judging by the second half yesterday, he can motivate a team but by Christ, what on earth was he doing playing a left-sided central defender as a right winger?

Sibbald's best season for us was combining with Leahy at left midfield. Recently he's been left side, right side, through the middle, in the no 10 hole, sitting deep .... and that's in one game! fuxxakes.

Can he spot a player though? How many of his signings would you keep? Jak, nelson, robson and thats about it. The rest can bolt.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Can he spot a player though? How many of his signings would you keep? Jak, nelson, robson and thats about it. The rest can bolt.

I think his player selection has been pretty good by and large. In addition to the 3 you mentioned I think Longridge offers something in this league, but he needs to play him upfront rather than in the middle of the park.

Most of the other guys he has brought in have been short term or emergency loans and while we should be on the hunt for better over the summer they have done a job and really pulled us out of the shit since Christmas.

17 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I think his player selection has been pretty good by and large. In addition to the 3 you mentioned I think Longridge offers something in this league, but he needs to play him upfront rather than in the middle of the park.

Most of the other guys he has brought in have been short term or emergency loans and while we should be on the hunt for better over the summer they have done a job and really pulled us out of the shit since Christmas.

I think we need better than longridge if we're going to win this league. He flatters to deceive too often. Yesterday we had two rbs on the bench and yet he stuck mcghee at rwb. Why he signed welsh and blair is beyond me and taiwo has for some reason been binned when we were crying out for him yesterday. Plus to get rid of miller and hippo to leave us with ohara and harris as our attacking options from the bench is poor. Add to that the fact that loy is being paid a grand to play for the u20s when even off form hes better than those two then surely youve got to raise questions of the manager. Tumilty, welsh and blair have added very little to the side since being signed.

25 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think we need better than longridge if we're going to win this league. He flatters to deceive too often. Yesterday we had two rbs on the bench and yet he stuck mcghee at rwb. Why he signed welsh and blair is beyond me and taiwo has for some reason been binned when we were crying out for him yesterday. Plus to get rid of miller and hippo to leave us with ohara and harris as our attacking options from the bench is poor. Add to that the fact that loy is being paid a grand to play for the u20s when even off form hes better than those two then surely youve got to raise questions of the manager. Tumilty, welsh and blair have added very little to the side since being signed.

I was really disappointed to see Blair dropped yesterday, thought he has played really well since he has come into the team except for losing his man at the corner for QoS goal, and although I may stand corrected hadn't lost in that time although I am in no way saying that is purely down to him.

Totally different player and by far a cut above in class footballer to guys like Taiwo. But it seems at this level and those within our support seem to love guys that will apparently 'add dig' 'put it about' 'go through someone''cover every blade of grass' as opposed to a guy that will keep hold of the ball which when we were overran yesterday, someone with an ability to not panic and hold possession and take it off our useless defenders who cannot pass was what was needed.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Apologies for running late with this, mate. 

B7F0DC40-1835-4271-A09E-54369B414038.png

Good to see ICT heading in the right direction. Pity it’s too little to late. 

Decent results against the best team in the league and the team with the biggest budget in there. 

Of course, it won’t mean a thing if we don’t take maximum from our next 3 against Falkirk and our double header with Dumbarton.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Certainly don't expect us to slosh the league but I do expect us to be competitive.

Competitive, yes. No doubt there will be folk calling for Hartley's head if we don't do a St Mirren. I'd be happy with a finish in the playoffs that has us playing some decent, entertaining football.

For the statisticians who know (and because I can’t be arsed working it out and seeing us in 8th just upsets me lolz), how far away are we from being mathematically safe? Expect to see squad moves as soon as that (hopefully) happens. 

Missed yesterday due to work as I said earlier, and my correspondent at the game assures me I was the lucky one.

Inverness A

Dundee Utd A

St Mirren A

Dumbarton A

St Mirren H

Well there's going to be about two points secured from that little lot so thankfully I'm busy for the rest of the season too. Enjoy the games, those who go, and July can't come soon enough.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

For the statisticians who know (and because I can’t be arsed working it out and seeing us in 8th just upsets me lolz), how far away are we from being mathematically safe? Expect to see squad moves as soon as that (hopefully) happens. 

If Dumbarton win all their remaining games, they'd finish on 45 points. We'd need 8 points to be mathematically safe. However one of those games is against us, win that and we'd only need another 2 (so 5 in total).