The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

Yep, the decision is made and we have to give it a chance.
However, as a club, we are known for our youth policy and have brought through a few decent players without rearing an out and out superstar. It was something that I think a few of us were proud of our club for.
No room for sentimentalism in business, but I can’t help but feel we have lost a bit of our identity...

We lost our identity when we left Brockville IMO.

Those who drove the move didn’t press enough to keep that. They dropped their drawers to the council from day one. The biggest ongoing symbol of that is that corporate badge. All the corporate brainchild of Colin Lidl.

Guest Back Post Misses
Yeah. Wouldve been a reserve team next season anyway but theres no point in having one if the academy isnt there to feed it.

Why?

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why?

A reserve team full of experienced players would cost us far more than the current development team and totally defeat the purpose of cost cutting that closing the academy is at the forefront of. If we're going with a smaller squad where are we going to find the 30 players wed need to run a first team and reserve team?

48 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

A reserve team full of experienced players would cost us far more than the current development team and totally defeat the purpose of cost cutting that closing the academy is at the forefront of. If we're going with a smaller squad where are we going to find the 30 players wed need to run a first team and reserve team?

A look at the kit sponsorship page of the programme on Saturday shows that we currently have 36 players. There's a lot of room for trimming the squad and still running a reserve side. Remember we had reserve teams in the old day at Brockville when squad sizes were much smaller than they are now.

Guest Back Post Misses

I would think we will run with 24/25 players.

They will have to be giving those out of the team some sort of game time.

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would think we will run with 24/25 players.

They will have to be giving those out of the team some sort of game time.

It'll be arranged bounce games for that and hartley was looking at 18 to 20 max at the agm. Possibly see the likes of mitchell going out on loan too if kept on. Youve got your 11 first team players on a sat plus 7 subs.  Thats 18. If youve got a midweek first 11 game none of them will play so u need another 11 plus subs to play in the reserve side.  Unless your wanting guys to play in 4 games a week perhaps. What is the point of binning the academy and dev team and replacing them with a reserve side?  As far as i know we will not be running  a reserve side.

Edited by Shodwall cat

19 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It'll be arranged bounce games for that and hartley was looking at 18 to 20 max at the agm. Possibly see the likes of mitchell going out on loan too if kept on. Youve got your 11 first team players on a sat plus 7 subs.  Thats 18. If youve got a midweek first 11 game none of them will play so u need another 11 plus subs to play in the reserve side.  Unless your wanting guys to play in 4 games a week perhaps. What is the point of binning the academy and dev team and replacing them with a reserve side?  As far as i know we will not be running  a reserve side.

A reserve side is a much more flexible option in that you have no age restrictions and can include players on the fringes of the first team (subs), youngsters, trialists and players returning from injury or suspension in a more competitive environment than Development league games.

Must admit I did think there was going to be a reserve/B team given that we are attempting to follow the Brentford kind of project. I thought the idea was to pick up youngsters who had been released by other teams cutting out the couple hundred grand that we were putting towards FVA but still keeping somewhat of a production line.

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

A reserve side is a much more flexible option in that you have no age restrictions and can include players on the fringes of the first team (subs), youngsters, trialists and players returning from injury or suspension in a more competitive environment than Development league games.

We'll no have any youngsters.

1 minute ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Must admit I did think there was going to be a reserve/B team given that we are attempting to follow the Brentford kind of project. I thought the idea was to pick up youngsters who had been released by other teams cutting out the couple hundred grand that we were putting towards FVA but still keeping somewhat of a production line.

We werent putting 200k into the fva.  The dev squad was costing us far more and that was with youngsters on peanuts taking up most of the squad.

13 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We'll no have any youngsters.

No offence Shodwall, but you're making numerous predictions as statements of fact which err, aren't factual.

All the boys who came in from FVFA last year got two year deals, as did the likes of Aidan Laverty, Robbie Mutch & Harry Girdwood. Are we just going to rip all those contracts up?

The players (contracted & otherwise) don't know what's happening in the summer, or at least the ones I've spoken to don't.  And yet you know better than them?

Hmmn. 

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No offence Shodwall, but you're making numerous predictions as statements of fact which err, aren't factual.

All the boys who came in from FVFA last year got two year deals, as did the likes of Aidan Laverty, Robbie Mutch & Harry Girdwood. Are we just going to rip all those contracts up?

The players (contracted & otherwise) don't know what's happening in the summer, or at least the ones I've spoken to don't.  And yet you know better than them?

Hmmn. 

I doubt they'll be on much and weve already seen the likes of connor mcbride move to celtic without the club putting up much of a fight. I can see the likes of jonny mitchell perhaps staying and getting put out on loan but i reckon most of the others will be away.  As ive already said why would the club highlight the cutting of the dev squad and fva as a cost saving to put cash in the first team budget  if we're going to replace both with a reserve team. Plus hartley has already stated that next seasons squad would be 20 players max.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Guest Back Post Misses

18/20 plus kids

On 02/04/2018 at 09:23, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

A continuation of that over the next 6/7 games would see us finish in the playoffs with Dunfermline. Make it happen Falkirk 

Screenshot_2018-04-02-09-23-44.png

Would we be able to get an updated table based on the last six games? Thx in advance x 

Of the starting X1 last night, I’d only keep Robson, McGhee & Sibbald. The loans I’d obviously keep too but that’s unlikely. Robson too may have other suitors. Longridge is worth another deal from the subs last night too I reckon.

Guest Back Post Misses
Of the starting X1 last night, I’d only keep Robson, McGhee & Sibbald. The loans I’d obviously keep too but that’s unlikely. Robson too may have other suitors. Longridge is worth another deal from the subs last night too I reckon.

We have a 2 year option on Robson. If we stay up (which is near as damn certain now) he will sign.