The Falkirk FC Thread

Lies, damn lies and statistics as they say.
True as this is, three of the last six have been against Brechin...
very true however our form since the turn of the year has generally been very good. I think st mirren and livvi are deservedly where they are but the others are nothing special. indeed we've beaten dundee United and Morton comfortably this year. we've also beaten queens Inverness livvi and the pars this season so nothing to fear with a better side than we had first half if season. I'm deliberately continuing to talk this up as I think it could be closer than folks think. at least we are still in it with 7 games to go. pressure on us to win tomorrow night though

very true however our form since the turn of the year has generally been very good. I think st mirren and livvi are deservedly where they are but the others are nothing special. indeed we've beaten dundee United and Morton comfortably this year. we've also beaten queens Inverness livvi and the pars this season so nothing to fear with a better side than we had first half if season. I'm deliberately continuing to talk this up as I think it could be closer than folks think. at least we are still in it with 7 games to go. pressure on us to win tomorrow night though

Indeed, and I am also in the camp that thinks there’s something left to play for, but we also need to recognise we have a lot of games to play in a very short period which could catch up with us.

We will need St Mirren to have wrapped up the Championship by the time we play those two games against them. Trips to QOS, ICT and Dundee U won’t be easy.

Which only leaves Dunfermline at home and Dumbarton away. Neither of which are stonewall wins either.

It will be fun chasing this, especially if we win the next two, but realism says it will probably be a bridge too far.

Had a few weeks to think about it now, but does anyone else feel concerned as I do about the decision to get rid of the Academy?
I do appreciate that we may be able to bring in some decent players from down South next season, but as a long term strategy it does not sit well with me. The Academy has not always been a success but it has been a source of good income from transfers and transfer add-ons at times so it does concern me that that option is disappearing.

The aim will be to find a few Lyle Taylors and Farids along the way, and sell them on in much the same way.

Self development is fraught with all sorts of risks, and maybe seeking out decent players who have maybe gone off the rails a wee bit, but who are desperate for a second chance might work for us.

We have made money in the past, but not solely from homegrown players. At the end of the day, our top player has been Arfield, and in truth, his presence in the English top flight has more to do with his own personality and determination rather than anything that was instilled in him by us.

If we had been responsible for producing a modern day Dalglish or Hansen, then I would be more concerned than I currently am tbh.