The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
No, he's still with the club and was playing with the U20s tonight.

Hope hes learning the RWB position

He was playing LWB, believe it or not. Conor Langton was RWB.

Both are wingers, but with no FVFA players to call up any more and a first team game tomorrow the U20s are a wee bit light at the moment. We only had three subs whereas Hibs had the full seven.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

11 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Anyone know if the club are doing anything regarding safe standing next season? I know it was talked about, could it be installed over the summer and used next season or is there some malarkey that has to happen before it could be done?

Do you think we would have the cash to convert some or all of the south stand?

As for the 4th stand chat which comes up now and then, a smaller stand designed specifically for this would be pretty good but I would say that's out of the question expense wise unless we get back to the premiership.

Do you think we would have the cash to convert some or all of the south stand?
As for the 4th stand chat which comes up now and then, a smaller stand designed specifically for this would be pretty good but I would say that's out of the question expense wise unless we get back to the premiership.

Don’t think they’d do the full south stand at first, think the side the young team sit on would be perfect to start firstly. I don’t think we should be installing a 4th stand at all under the current circumstances.

Just now, Senor Bairn said:

Don’t think they’d do the full south stand at first, think the side the young team sit on would be perfect to start firstly. I don’t think we should be installing a 4th stand at all under the current circumstances.

Yep, I agree on the 4th stand chat. Not a bad idea about 25-50% of the south stand. Would be interesting to see what that would cost, hopefully it would help with a bit of atmosphere.

Yep, I agree on the 4th stand chat. Not a bad idea about 25-50% of the south stand. Would be interesting to see what that would cost, hopefully it would help with a bit of atmosphere.

Would it not be better in the main stand down towards where the away supporters are situated?
The South Stand is generally pretty full most weeks and the atmosphere is not really that bad, but it’s a long way from the away support.
Something nearer the away support is likely to generate more banter and possibly a bit more atmosphere across the stadium rather than in isolated areas.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Would it not be better in the main stand down towards where the away supporters are situated?
The South Stand is generally pretty full most weeks and the atmosphere is not really that bad, but it’s a long way from the away support.
Something nearer the away support is likely to generate more banter and possibly a bit more atmosphere across the stadium rather than in isolated areas.

Wouldn't that then give it to Rangers/Celtic fans if you were to go up? Or did you only give rangers the one stand when they were down

I’ve maybe missed it somewhere on this thread but can someone answer why Tumilty isn’t getting a game anymore, and we are shoe horning other people into a RWB position?
Didnt he get a knock a couple of weeks ago? I know he was on the bench but how many games has he missed? Did he play against Queens?

8 hours ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Wouldn't that then give it to Rangers/Celtic fans if you were to go up? Or did you only give rangers the one stand when they were down

We give approximately half of the main stand to them anyway with ST holders being forced to move seats for those games although I think that this depends on take up of tickets from home fans first? 

The idea of course is to maximise income but Falkirk fans appear to be rather split on whether this should be done or not. Personally I feel we should take as much money as possible from the fuckers!

We give approximately half of the main stand to them anyway with ST holders being forced to move seats for those games although I think that this depends on take up of tickets from home fans first? 
The idea of course is to maximise income but Falkirk fans appear to be rather split on whether this should be done or not. Personally I feel we should take as much money as possible from the fuckers!

We also installed that awful Gazebo when we were up last time.
More than happy if we offered that to them if we went up (which kind of feels like a premature conversation on current form).

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

We also installed that awful Gazebo when we were up last time.
More than happy if we offered that to them if we went up (which kind of feels like a premature conversation on current form).

Mods, please.

The Gazebo (note capitalisation) was a magnificent hotbed of Bairn-ness, bawdy banter and all for a sensational £150 Season Ticket price.

GBNF.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

I’ve maybe missed it somewhere on this thread but can someone answer why Tumilty isn’t getting a game anymore, and we are shoe horning other people into a RWB position?

I assumed Hartley had made his mind up that we wouldn't want him next year and so is trying others in the position.

5 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

So St Mirren at home on the last game of the season.  I'm presuming that we'll be giving them the North Stand and half of the West?  They'll easily sell 4000 tickets.

You think?

6 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

So St Mirren at home on the last game of the season.  I'm presuming that we'll be giving them the North Stand and half of the West?  They'll easily sell 4000 tickets.

They struggled to sell out Brechin...