The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

McKee hasn't started a game since we played Dumbarton in February. Harris hasn't started a game since we played Dundee Utd in November.

Neither have been mentioned in the frequent "can you give us an injury update?" questions asked on Falkirk TV.

It therefore seems reasonable to speculate that neither are wanted and will not be playing next season if we bring in replacements during the summer. You could probably apply the same reasoning to Rory Loy, who hasn't started since Brechin in February.

If that's true, they can either sit out the final year of their contracts with a guaranteed wage but with no chance of game time, or choose to cut their losses and try to find another club. If it were me than I know which option I would choose.

The question tho is would anybody take them (McKee.and Harris) on the same wages we are paying. I have no idea what we are paying them but I can't see them suddenly getting huge increases or possibly even matching current pay elsewhere so they might just see their contracts out. Harris in particular must be seen as on the slide to the lower divisions. 

Loy might be slightly different if someone thinks they can sort whatever is currently causing issues.

Tommy Robson having a go at the Pars on Twitter

Everyone at #DAFC pass on their best wishes to Andrew Nelson, the young Sunderland player who is undergoing surgery today, after receiving bad head and facial injuries near the end of our match against Falkirk. We hope Andrew makes a full recovery.

10:45 AM - 12 Apr 2018

Direct messag
    1. Replying to @officialdafc

What gives yous the right to post this? It’s down to Sunderland/Falkirk to put this out there? This is Andrews confidentiality! This is a shambles.

Tommy Robson having a go at the Pars on Twitter

2B-IjvX1_bigger.jpgDunfermline AthleticVerified account @officialdafc FollowFollow @officialdafc More

Everyone at #DAFC pass on their best wishes to Andrew Nelson, the young Sunderland player who is undergoing surgery today, after receiving bad head and facial injuries near the end of our match against Falkirk. We hope Andrew makes a full recovery.

10:45 AM - 12 Apr 2018      
Direct messag
    1. efvldsBT_bigger.jpgThomas RobsonVerified account @TommyRobbo1 6m6 minutes ago More Replying to @officialdafc

What gives yous the right to post this? It’s down to Sunderland/Falkirk to put this out there? This is Andrews confidentiality! This is a shambles.

Get them telt Tommy.

Fucking cowards challenge from thug Mvoto

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Tremendous. The Falkirk players now losing the head. 

Guessing from that there was no consent, yet they have disclosed medical information on the player.

Data protections a serious subject these days.

Ring, Ring........Ring, Ring......

20 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Certainly not saying the Board should be selecting players but having 18 or so OoC at one time is incompetent and asking for trouble, which is what we got

That's the case with most clubs at this level, usually it's one year contracts. 

Nice way for "Tommy" to try and curry favour with the more simple minded Falkirk fans. 

There must be some reason for Nelson and the club not giving out this information, but I can’t for the life of me think what. Robson’s outburst would suggest it’s possibly serious? Have to laugh at some of the simpletons in our support losing the head over on Twitter though, claiming some sort of malice in the Dunfermline tweet which I’m sure was just well intentioned sympathy.

Guest Back Post Misses
That's the case with most clubs at this level, usually it's one year contracts. 

Nice way for "Tommy" to try and curry favour with the more simple minded Falkirk fans. 

That has not been the way of it at Falkirk really. We have had a good number of 2 year deals recently.

There has been no planning hence we are in a mess.

8 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

There must be some reason for Nelson and the club not giving out this information, but I can’t for the life of me think what. Robson’s outburst would suggest it’s possibly serious? Have to laugh at some of the simpletons in our support losing the head over on Twitter though, claiming some sort of malice in the Dunfermline tweet which I’m sure was just well intentioned sympathy.

Sometimes players or their agents don't want medical information disclosed. I think they believe it could affect future employment prospects. 

I don't know if that's a valid concern, or whether it applies in this case, but I can think of a fair number of injuries which were never reported on club media channels. Medical information is generally kept confidential and anything that is given out tends to be pretty vague.

Dunfermline Athletic - classless to a man

I will relish the return of the good times next season when we cuff them and finish above them in the league. There is no doubt in my mind that we will take more points than them in the head to head and more points in the league as a whole.

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That has not been the way of it at Falkirk really. We have had a good number of 2 year deals recently.

There has been no planning hence we are in a mess.

I think the change of manager and possibility of relegation have also had an effect. Houston often extended contracts well before they were up, for example Baird getting an extension one January. Our perilous league position (for a while) would have prevented us doing that this season.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
fix grammar

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Dunfermline Athletic - classless to a man

I will relish the return of the good times next season when we cuff them and finish above them in the league. There is no doubt in my mind that we will take more points than them in the head to head and more points in the league as a whole.

Good times for Falkirk = beating Dunfermline. So, so needy.

Also, anyone genuinely getting angry at that tweet is probably thick as shit.