The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Shepherd has proven that he can score goals when played in his proper position for the under 20s and now Edinburgh City. For some reason our fans have written him off based on a few 5 minute sub appearances at right wing.

O'Hara has had multiple starts and sub appearances upfront over 3 seasons yet has never scored a goal in his career, and hardly touches the ball when he's on the pitch except to give it away. Our fans act as if he's the next Messi.

What a load of utter drivel. Shepherd has made 62 appearances for Falkirk over a 4 year period and scored 2 goals - against Cowdenbeath and Montrose. He seems to have found his level at Edinburgh City and good luck to him, but he was never ever remotely good enough for us and would have been long gone were it not for Houston's madness and obsession with handing out 2 year contracts to complete dross. Your comments about O'Hara are almost as ludicrous - anyone with even the vaguest clue knows that whilst he's a trier he lacks any real quality and should, by this time next week, have been thanked for his services and sent on his way, along with many others.  You surely cannot believe that his name is being chanted at recent games because of his contribution on the park.

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

What a load of utter drivel. Shepherd has made 62 appearances for Falkirk over a 4 year period and scored 2 goals - against Cowdenbeath and Montrose. He seems to have found his level at Edinburgh City and good luck to him, but he was never ever remotely good enough for us and would have been long gone were it not for Houston's madness and obsession with handing out 2 year contracts to complete dross. Your comments about O'Hara are almost as ludicrous - anyone with even the vaguest clue knows that whilst he's a trier he lacks any real quality and should, by this time next week, have been thanked for his services and sent on his way, along with many others.  You surely cannot believe that his name is being chanted at recent games because of his contribution on the park.

The vast majority of those 62  have been 5 minute sub appearances out of position. 

Many of our fans have a bizarre love for O'Hara after one game 3 seasons ago. Facebook is full of calls for him to play every game and Houston was barracked last season for not playing him. I can guarantee you there will be complaints from many fans when he is quite rightly shown the door.

Any optimism for next season vanishes at the idea of  watching Scott Shepherd in a Falkirk top again.  Hartley seemed to suss him out fairly quickly. Good on him doing well at City but I'm pretty sure most Falkirk fans could have told you he was a seaside leagues level striker about three years ago.

He must have had the photos on Houston, because even though he was going fucking senile by the end he wasn't so far gone to honestly think Shepherd was a potential future Falkirk striker.

16 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

I've heard that o'hara even if offered a contract won't be taking it, he's leaving and has interest from 3 other clubs one of which is Partick thistle

Where did you hear this mate as there’s probably nothing in it, as I doubt we would be signing any players presently until we know what division we are in.

dont really know anything at all about o hara as a player at all - is he any good?

8 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Shepherd has proven that he can score goals when played in his proper position for the under 20s and now Edinburgh City. For some reason our fans have written him off based on a few 5 minute sub appearances at right wing.

O'Hara has had multiple starts and sub appearances upfront over 3 seasons yet has never scored a goal in his career, and hardly touches the ball when he's on the pitch except to give it away. Our fans act as if he's the next Messi.

HIYA SHEPPS, HIYA PAL

The vast majority of those 62  have been 5 minute sub appearances out of position. 
Many of our fans have a bizarre love for O'Hara after one game 3 seasons ago. Facebook is full of calls for him to play every game and Houston was barracked last season for not playing him. I can guarantee you there will be complaints from many fans when he is quite rightly shown the door.

There really won't.

8 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

Granted the 62 games isn't a fair reflection, but he's scored once in 1,031 minutes for us in the Championship and Play-offs.

7 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Ryan Hardie has the best mins per goal in the league. Wouldn't be averse to us taking him on loan next season as one of our striking options.

His contract is up at the end of the season and will be available on a bosman. Doubt the dev fee would be huge either.

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Where did you hear this mate as there’s probably nothing in it, as I doubt we would be signing any players presently until we know what division we are in.

dont really know anything at all about o hara as a player at all - is he any good?

Id imagine he won't be on much £s so league depending wouldn't make much of a difference if rumour is true.

I personally think any chance he did have was taken out his hands with Houston with zero game time, I recall he scored a hattrick in the development league, we were struggling for goals and he doesn't even make the bench.

His boat may have passed here but a change of scenery at a new club can sometimes work wonders for players, tho personally feel he doesn't have it

Shepherd has had more chance than most in various different positions and has been murder apart from when he first appeared under Holt.  League 2 is probably about the same level as the u20's so its no surprise hes scoring . He's never a championship striker in a million years though. O'hara has also had a number of chances but has also gone backwards since his first appearances. Don't know what we do to players but they seem to come on the scene with electric pace and then get slower and slower between the age of about 17 and 20.  

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

a lot if these kids start bulking up at the gym when they get to that age and might lose some speed due to that

I think that has certainly affected o hara. Even sibbs is slower than ever these days and he really couldnt afford to lose pace. Both have bulked up too much.Club should be preventing this happening though. Pace is a necessary asset if u want to make it big in the modern game.

Ohara isn’t good enough, neither is Shepherd. Move on thanks x
Long past defending Shepherd if I ever even would have, but probably this time last season I would have advocated O'Hara being given his chance (again).

That was pre Hartley Bairnardo though.

As per the Dons MO, get O'Hara punted. Wid maw or nae wid maw. Not good enough, bye.

Long past defending Shepherd if I ever even would have, but probably this time last season I would have advocated O'Hara being given his chance (again).

That was pre Hartley Bairnardo though.

As per the Dons MO, get O'Hara punted. Wid maw or nae wid maw. Not good enough, bye.

Not even the end of the season yet and the horrendous shouts have began. Hope the Don has some signings lined up cause I don’t think I can hack another 2/3 months of this.

44 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not even the end of the season yet and the horrendous shouts have began. Hope the Don has some signings lined up cause I don’t think I can hack another 2/3 months of this.

At least we have the world Cup though lads. 

Here's a wee picture to make you smile on bad shout days like today. 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.f7572fc11297befb5dec5b42ebabbde2.jpeg