The Falkirk FC Thread

I genuinely hate this culture of feigning offence simply to try and get somebody in trouble. Cowardly, playground mentality.

Basically what I'm saying is: f**k Off And Die, Sevco Franchise.

Edited by SEETHING

I genuinely hate this culture of feigning offence simply to try and get somebody in trouble. Cowardly, playground mentality.

Exactly. The only thing I can remember being offended by at the football is Paul Keegan, and even he seemed like a decent big lad.

That is an absolute disgrace.

Firstly, there is nothing remotely offensive about what he said. Some of the Rangers fans, who weren't even there, may not appreciate the humour but tough on them. Are these the same people who would buy a Frankie Boyle DVD and then complain about it being offensive.

Secondly have any of these mortally offended sensitive wee souls ever been on the blower to their beloved club or e-mailed their chairman to complain about the songs and chants that come from their fellow supporters. Nah, though not, so its selective then this being offended by words.

Also, on what grounds has the guy even been suspended, as I find it hard to believe there is anything in a contract which suggests he is not allowed to show a sense of humour. Hope he gets a decent employment lawyer to take the club to the cleaners.

There is quite clearly no place for enjoyment in football any more. Fans can't stand without a little Hitler telling them to sit down. They can't shout because it upsets other people. Mascots are being complained about for standing in front of visiting fans with bars of soap or driving cardboard box tanks and now stadium announcers can't call a company by the name with which they registered at Companies house.

No wonder the game is dying on its arse.

And finally I hope that the wee cliping whingeing b*****ds who complained get their comeuppance soon. Karma man.

^This^ some people go out there way to be offended these days. I was at EEP when Sammy the Tammy did his tank thing against us and like 99.99% was embarrassed that anyone complained at what was a little bit of banter from the Pars. Everyone i met on Saturday gave me a bit of banter for being a Fifer and I would expect nothing less from the Falkirk fans.

Issuing an apology for this is ridiculous it was banter nothing more especially when it is to a team who spew bigoted bile in every ground they visit and think that's acceptable!!.

Get the buy the announcer a pint fund started guys.

Shaft the public purse of £100m -- we are now debt free

Club announcer takes the piss--get him reported

Is it any wonder these MFs are the most hated club/fans in this country,I really detest them.

SP they are now dispised by every other club in the land

It's time for the current board to go. The last few months with the noises coming from the boardroom have made it harder and harder for me to continue to attend games. Their views do not represent mine and go against the principles I thought the club held and that made me choose Falkirk as my team for the last 25 years.

I've bought my ticket so will be there tomorrow night, but I hope the fans have a vocal protest at least against the board, and lets get organised for future games and force some changes at the top. The board are only current custodians of the club and do not represent the views of the majority of the Falkirk fanbase as a whole.

It's time for the current board to go. The last few months with the noises coming from the boardroom have made it harder and harder for me to continue to attend games. Their views do not represent mine and go against the principles I thought the club held and that made me choose Falkirk as my team for the last 25 years.

I've bought my ticket so will be there tomorrow night, but I hope the fans have a vocal protest at least against the board, and lets get organised for future games and force some changes at the top. The board are only current custodians of the club and do not represent the views of the majority of the Falkirk fanbase as a whole.

Good man your board are disgusting Orc quislings

Just read this on the STV website and came into see if anyone had commented on it.

For what its worth, I find it an utterly ridiculous decision. A wee throw-away comment about the liquidation of a club is nothing to get offended about. I'm not sure why the board have felt the need to go to this length, surely the volume of complaints wasn't so bad that they arrived at this decision.

The situation could've been quickly resolved by a quick "Listen son, call them Rangers just incase anyone goes in a daft huff". The people making formal complaints about it are really sad. I wonder how many times they referred to Falkirk and teams within the SFL as "daft wee diddy teams" or whatever before all of this happened.

I'm fairly sure our stadium announcer made similar jokes at half-time recently - it may even have been the Falkirk game! You have my sympathies, it's light-hearted banter and nothing more. I hope Thistle decide to troll the fuckers and they are referred to as Sevco/Newco at the half-time scores forever more. In fact, going one further, I hope the next time we play them we really rub their noses in shit with the Sevco references in the programmes, on the club website etc.

It's a minor thing, but if it causes even a few of the more fucktarded supporters to choke on their big macs in mock righteous indignation then its worth it.

A farcical decision.

If i could have given you more than one greeny, i would have. Great post.

Aaarghhh...run out of greenys, i o u 1.

Shaft the public purse of £100m -- we are now debt free

Club announcer takes the piss--get him reported

Is it any wonder these MFs are the most hated club/fans in this country,I really detest them.

But Scottish Football needs Rangers RFC(IA) TAFKAR Sevco the Hunz (RFC(NIL) Greens Govan Galoots the Blue Filth whateverthefucktheyarecalled.... all our clubs and us will die without them, dontcha know?

Reminds me of when the celtic dj (tiger tim?) got sacked for laughing at us getting parped out of europe one year.

We've went down a road where any form of banter is now frowned upon in an endless battle of tit for tat and i reckon that it's too late to undo this.

Thanks to the Falkirk fans who asked me to join them for a drink in the Back to The Wall bar while I was stood there like a spare p***k, much appreciated and some good banter before the game if I see your over for the return match I will certainly join you for a beer. Decided not to get the bus back after the match as you might throw me off half way after that score biggrin.gif Just a shame I had to shoot off after the match as a couple of post match pints would of been nice.

Sorry I forgot your P&B user name but much appreciated and how football should be. Loved the story about the 4MPH tug boat on the way to Vaduz.

For what its worth, I find it an utterly ridiculous decision. A wee throw-away comment about the liquidation of a club is nothing to get offended about. I'm not sure why the board have felt the need to go to this length, surely the volume of complaints wasn't so bad that they arrived at this decision.

The suggestion appears to be that Sevco had observers at the game, which makes sense ahead of the cup tie this week, and have complained, prompting Ritchie's intervention.

Now, that is plausible. However, Falkirk fans were subjected to an infamous Ulsterised flag display in front of the away end a few years back at Ibrox. Apologies were there none.

So the correct course of action for Ritchie was to tell the Sevco complainants (were there in fact any) to do one, in no uncertain terms.

If he was feeling particularly cowardly he could have instructed the tannoy announcer (who is annoying at the best of times) to leave out the Sevoc stuff for Tuesday. That would have been absolutely fair enough.

Edited by H_B

The suggestion appears to be that Sevco had observers at the game, which makes sense ahead of the cup tie this week, and have complained, prompting Ritchie's intervention.

Now, that is plausible. However, Falkirk fans were subjected to an infamous Ulsterised flag display in front of the away end a few years back at Ibrox. Apologies were there none.

So the correct course of action for Ritchie was to tell the Sevco complainants (were there in fact any) to do one, in no uncertain terms.

If he was feeling particularly cowardly he could have instructed the tannoy announcer (who is annoying at the best of times) to leave out the Sevoc stuff for Tuesday. That would have been absolutely fair enough.

I think that makes it even more embarrassing that it was probably a club employee rather than one of the typical daft moaning faced fans who made the complaint.

I do realise that on occasion these two can be one and the same.

I think that makes it even more embarrassing that it was probably a club employee rather than one of the typical daft moaning faced fans who made the complaint.

No surprise when you have to listen to Hughie Sally or Sandra

It's only conjecture, but it does make sense. I'd have thought even Lord Ritchie Haw would have thought twice about such a grovelling statement had the complaint been made by a few fans.

Ritchie should have consulted Turnbull Hutton on the most appropriate response to the complaint.

What a Joke. How can anyone involved in any way, shape or form, nevermind a club chairman, "APOLOGISE" to these scum. Like seriously, an apology??

The stadium announcer made a light hearted joke about the team that refers to itself as the now liquidated Rangers Football Club. This was the same joke the stadium announcer at Firhill used on several occasions the week before. Whether you think it's childish or irrelevant or my personal view, funny ... IT DOES NOT REQUIRE AN APOLOGY.

Martin Ritchie has embarassed our fans today.

I work in Glasgow where 80% of the office are support 'The Rangers' and before tomorrows game, I have actually been enjoying the banter .. mainly because I can see through their deluded pompous pish this time, and see that they actually think they could lose. But this statement today, has given them an extra feeling of importance where they are saying things like, "You're chairmans right to apologise, the stupit shouldnae be callin us that!" Then I hit back with the usual, Facts... You are Sevco but..... to which the response is, again the usual... "Naw we're no, WE ARE RA PEEEPO!"

The Hatred I feel towards Rangers is the only thing that comes close to the embarassment I feel about Martin Ritchie's statement.

Truely embarassing.

Oh and as Kevin Keegan once said, "I'D LOOOOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM. LOVE IT"<BR clear=all>