The Falkirk FC Thread

I was at the game on Saturday

I had a wee chuckle to myself when he said it

I then went about my day without giving it a 2nd thought

Why can't Sevco officials do the same? Or Martin Ritchie?

This appeared in my facebook feed couple of days ago (I have some Orc "supporting" friends unfortunately)...

post-14108-0-72619800-1345470441_thumb.j

...and can only assume your chairman is running scared of the great unwashed actually doing it. Answer? Suspend the poor guy for the game against the team he ripped the piss out of and bring him back later. Hope he tells him to stick his job :)

So, another chairman STILL with sympathies to a deceased club.

Edited by pantene proV

So what will the reaction be if/when Falkirk fans start chanting "You're not Rangers anymore?" when they play, with several tear-stained complaints directed at Falkirk from Sevco fans after the game? Will the chairman put another grovelling apology on the club website?

"It has been brought to our attention that our fans were making some inappropriate comments about Rangers during our cup game.

We have already apologised to Rangers FC and would now like to apologise to the many Rangers supporters who have been in contact with the club.

Falkirk FC are treating this incident very seriously and we will be handing out banning orders to all supporters involved in the singing, pending a full investigation by the club.

Martin Richie

Chairman"

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Honestly, who are these people who get 'offended' at the football. I don't know anyone, I don't think anyone I know, knows one, where are they?

Tell me about it, my favourite one was a few years ago when we were accused of having a sectarian pitch.

Thanks to the Falkirk fans who asked me to join them for a drink in the Back to The Wall bar while I was stood there like a spare p***k, much appreciated and some good banter before the game if I see your over for the return match I will certainly join you for a beer. Decided not to get the bus back after the match as you might throw me off half way after that score biggrin.gif Just a shame I had to shoot off after the match as a couple of post match pints would of been nice.

Sorry I forgot your P&B user name but much appreciated and how football should be. Loved the story about the 4MPH tug boat on the way to Vaduz.

No probs. It was behind the wall you were in by the way. Glad you enjoyed the game shame it was the worst part of the day.

No probs. It was behind the wall you were in by the way. Glad you enjoyed the game shame it was the worst part of the day.

I think he's getting mixed up with the famous Back to the Wall Sevco Rangers pub, where they hand out a free misplaced sense of injustice with every pint of Tennents.

edited for big thumbs

Edited by archie guevara

Guest Kincardine

Reminds me of when the celtic dj (tiger tim?) got sacked for laughing at us getting parped out of europe one year.

We've went down a road where any form of banter is now frowned upon in an endless battle of tit for tat and i reckon that it's too late to undo this.

Fuxake, Bennet - I'm agreeing with you too often these days. Can't we have a row about something?

Anyway, I came to apologise for the wee, sensitive souls in our fan base who were offended by a little quip made at a game where we weren't even participating.

Shame on our fans for being so paranoid and shame on the Falkirk chairman for issuing a public apology. He'd have been better saying something like, "It was meant as a humorous remark. Get over it."

I really hope "The Tannoy 1" isn't going to get his jotters. If he does I'd happily chuck in a tenner to help with his loss of earning.

Honestly, who are these people who get 'offended' at the football. I don't know anyone, I don't think anyone I know, knows one, where are they?

Most of them probably became 'offended' when they read the multi-pager about it on FF.

I really hope "The Tannoy 1" isn't going to get his jotters. If he does I'd happily chuck in a tenner to help with his loss of earning.

Having paid 100p in the £ to their creditors, & having to sell the ground to do so, FFC are currently being run, day to day, by a collection of volounteers. <_<

Bung your tenner in the direction of those creditors your club stiffed, they certainly need it more. :rolleyes:

I don't know what's more pathetic in all honesty... Rangers fans, for complaining about him, or Falkirk for actually siding with Rangers fans who complained about him by suspending him.

It's as bad as the folk who wanted Sammy the Tammy sacked or charged, frankly.

Martin Ritchie's reply...

I'm afraid what is harmles banter to some is not acceptable to others.

Why did we take action over Saturday's announcement? First, as a member of the SFA we must abide by SFA rules. What was said could land us with a hefty fine. Second, our primary duty at matches is safety. We cannot antagonise a potentially volatile opposing support. (As a final aside, the visit to Ibrox next week should mean that instead of telling Steven Pressley to sell a player, we will be able to allow him to sign one. So we want a fullhouse at Ibrox!)

I hope you understand why we had to move swiftly and take appropriate action. I would now like us to focus on our team and what we do on the pitch.

Regards

Martin Ritchie

If it is true that we would have landed a fine then I imagine there was some sense in the decision, but Ritchie is c*nt.

I think it's patently obvious that this is a short term move to appease the Sevco (hehe) fans ahead of our two matches against them

1. They're visiting here tomorrow with enough bitterness as it is.

2. We play them at Ibrox next week and Ritchie is worried (probably unwarranted) that their fans might boycott that game and cost us money.

There is no way that there should have been a need for the statement, even in light of the above. The majority of Rangers fans probably do not give a fuck. I can also guarantee that a number of complaints would have come from 'Falkirk' fans that were at the match on Saturday anyway. You know, the Falkirk fans who used to cheer at Brockville when the half time scores got read out.

Does anyone seriously think the SFA would've fined Falkirk over this :lol:? Really?

Stadium announcers regularly make light-hearted fun of things: it's part of the remit, tbh.

It really does astonish me that a club like Falkirk is so eager to please Rangers supporters (for an easy E-mail inbox and to supposedly safeguard gate income) that they bullet a volunteer official over it. EDIT: And an apology too.

Edited by HibeeJibee