The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Previous credit given to Grant aside for a second, it looks like he might be preparing to go full Piracy.

Never go full Piracy.

Piracy has been a great signing IMO. Our recruitment director spotted the work he was doing on his previous forum and we’re delighted he has made the step up to P&B. For an older poster he’s still right up there in the bleep tests and is a great example to the younger ones. 

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I'd rather be taking a punt on unknown players from outwith the league than swapping average players amongst ourselves. But maybe that's just us being weird.

You're a bit like jilted lovers, last season is still tender so you're going for anything as different as possible, you'll heal one day xox.

In all seriousness I couldn't care less where our players come from, outwith Devine (and hopefully he won't play much) I'm pretty happy with our business and can see the logic as to why they've been signed and what role they'll have in the team.

Yous obviously skelped United last year so you'll have a much lower opinion of their players than what Pars fans (and evidently manger) will have of them. 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Grant not bitter at all that his lot have signed Flood and we're paying fees for hidden gems. Not bitter at all x

I thought your first signing was pretty impressive, the last couple though and Froxy or Cardle? Can't say I'm that fussed at all. 

If you sign Faissal I'm not going to apologise for the salty tears I'll be splashing all over this place. 

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Must he? Or are fans just idiots with short memories? Especially fans on twitter/Facebook... 

Like the centre back you signed a couple of weeks back who was getting panned by his teams fans? 

There's no telling how either signing will go, getting excited over a couple of tweets when the player couldn't get a game at Truro doesn't reflect well, you're better than that x

Can you honestly say you would rather sign the usual Scottish league jobbers over the unknown players from England that the club has spent half a year scouting? 

Just now, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Can you honestly say you would rather sign the usual Scottish league jobbers over the unknown players from England that the club has spent half a year scouting? 

In the past half a year he's played four league games for Truro. I'd rather we signed Joe Thompson yes. 

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I thought your first signing was pretty impressive, the last couple though and Froxy or Cardle? Can't say I'm that fussed at all. 

If you sign Faissal I'm not going to apologise for the salty tears I'll be splashing all over this place. 

Cardles not happening, I don't think anyway... sort of hoping Faissal does happen due to the utter seethe.

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

In the past half a year he's played four league games for Truro. I'd rather we signed Joe Thompson yes. 

That's fair enough. I have no idea how the boy will do but it will be exciting seeing the team line up at the start of the season. 

Hopefully we can replicate what Inverness done with unknown players from England. They signed some crackers.

9 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That be the Joe Thomson who's played about fives games more over his career.

Hartley will have done his homework and will know what is going on with the players background and that's a tad more important than what anyone on here thinks.

And the lack of action would be a worry if it was a January transfer but we have a full pre-season to put him through, Anymore strawmen you want to throw up?

Edited by DeeBairn

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Cardle would be a poor signing imo, if he's not good enough for a Dunfermline team who are signing Willo Flood then he's not good enough for us. 

This, all day long.

Cardle would be a poor signing imo, if he's not good enough for a Dunfermline team who are signing Willo Flood then he's not good enough for us. 
Surely this Cardle talk is a lot of pish besides the wee shite would probably break out in festering boils if he pulled on a Bairns shirt.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:
3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Surely this Cardle talk is a lot of pish besides the wee shite would probably break out in festering boils if he pulled on a Bairns shirt.

Doesn't fit into the age range that Hartley said he was looking for either.

Cant see Cardle joining us. More likely to end up at Raith. Froxylias might be more of a shout but i wouldnt be surprised if Hartley wasn't interested in him either. Think most if not all our signings will be from English leagues. 

9 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

That be the Joe Thomson who's played about fives games more over his career.

Hartley will have done his homework and will know what is going on with the players background and that's a tad more important than what anyone on here thinks.

And the lack of action would be a worry if it was a January transfer but we have a full pre-season to put him through, Anymore strawmen you want to throw up?

Yep, that's him. 

Of course it is, it's not like any manager is going to change his mind based on some punters on social media is it? However it's ridiculously foolish to try and imply that managers don't sign duds, and Hartley signed his fair few at Dundee. 

I didn't say at any point his lack of games would affect his match fitness? I was making the point that a bloke who couldn't get a game for Newport, and then Truro probably isn't as good as the fan reviews are getting made out,and that it could perhaps be a case of absence erasing any negative points, something that fans of all club are guilty off. Someone then tried to make out the bloke had been extensively scouted over the six months, when he's barely played! 

21 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Utter chuff from the minus chav. Lol haha etc

Edited by Guest