The Falkirk FC Thread

The similarities between us and the national team really annoy me. Both of us have good squads, but are held back by beardy, tactically inept ex-Jambo fuds with an over-reliance on coaches.

Fixed that for you. The similarities are greater than they first appear.

Our tactics are identical (4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 depending on which way you look at it, pushing up the fullbacks etc.) and both are good at putting on substitutes far too late to make an impact (see Rhodes and Mackie today for Scotland and White vs Sevco for Falkirk) Watching Scotland today was just like watching Falkirk. There was little urgency, no real desire to chase and close down opponents and the post match interviews from the manager had me questioning if I'd attended another game by accident. Just like last week vs. Livi.

You have to give the club some credit (whether that's Elvis or someone else) for having spotted him in the first place though.

From what I've heard(and it may be completely bullshit) was it not a case of Farid asking Pressley for a trial and Pressley just getting a tad lucky?

Worked out well in the end mind you.

He was offered to us by agent and ex jambo stefano salvatori

....and for those of us who saw him that day at Alloa (check the thread on One F if you're inclined), there was absolutely no need for us to be told by any manager or coach that he was up to the required standard for SFL1. He was the first player we'd had who actually seemed to have an idea about what KH was about to do.......no easy task to work that one out.

No, Farid wasn't an Elvis find, he was indeed offered to us.

You have to give the club some credit (whether that's Elvis or someone else) for having spotted him in the first place though.

From what I've heard(and it may be completely bullshit) was it not a case of Farid asking Pressley for a trial and Pressley just getting a tad lucky?

Worked out well in the end mind you.

Falkirk were bringing in another foreign player on trial but he got offered the opportunity to sign a contract at another club and took it. He (or his agent) suggested he took a look at Farid and the rest is history.