The Falkirk FC Thread

Im absolutely scunnered with our board at the moment. This seasons season ticket will be my last.

I can put up with shite on the park but Richies constant cock sucking of all things Sevco has left me 'with a bad taste in my mouth' (although probably not as bad a taste as Richie has in his mouth)

Ill continue to go and watch us but he can forget me ever buying a season ticket again ( I work away from home and only bought one as it helped the club out, I will not line that f**kers pocket any more than I have to from now on)

Im absolutely scunnered with our board at the moment. This seasons season ticket will be my last.

I can put up with shite on the park but Richies constant cock sucking of all things Sevco has left me 'with a bad taste in my mouth' (although probably not as bad a taste as Richie has in his mouth)

Ill continue to go and watch us but he can forget me ever buying a season ticket again ( I work away from home and only bought one as it helped the club out, I will not line that f**kers pocket any more than I have to from now on)

Ah y'see, we have all been firmly put back into the "customers" pigeon hole. We are only something other than that when things go drastically wrong. A cheeky wee sale of Sibbs or Duffie (or both) in January will keep things as they are, and the lack of a competitive side and loss of your season ticket money will be a price worth paying. Go watch MRs video clip again.......he isn't fussed about us being a side challenging at the top, his main driver is to keep on selling players. That's the future that is.

Ah y'see, we have all been firmly put back into the "customers" pigeon hole. We are only something other than that when things go drastically wrong. A cheeky wee sale of Sibbs or Duffie (or both) in January will keep things as they are, and the lack of a competitive side and loss of your season ticket money will be a price worth paying. Go watch MRs video clip again.......he isn't fussed about us being a side challenging at the top, his main driver is to keep on selling players. That's the future that is.

I didnt watch the video clip.

I could even cope (to a degree) with us having to be a selling club in the first. What I cant cope with is his cock sucking of all things Sevco. Its utterly disgraceful and completely unforgivable.

I didnt watch the video clip.

I could even cope (to a degree) with us having to be a selling club in the first. What I cant cope with is his cock sucking of all things Sevco. Its utterly disgraceful and completely unforgivable.

I'm a bit irked with my own naivety (I'm way old enough to know better). I always thought the academy thing was about us developing our own players for our own team with the opportunity to sell on the very best for good money. That's a laudable aim. However, I don't think that is what MR is planning at all. He wants the academy to develop players to sell as the main business. I really don't think he is a chairman with any footballing aspirations for the club. I am always fearful of what supporters call "ambition"...........that usually means spending cash left right and centre in a manner where outgoings outstrip income, and the inevitable financial mess takes hold. I don't want us to go there. There's still at least one club in SFL1 playing that game, and it'll catch up with them soon enough.

MR, is adopting a completely different approach, and one where I believe he is genuinely willing to accept any and all compromises in team performance in exchange for income from player sales as a substitute for income from "customers".

I genuinely believe we are headed towards a place where the team on the park will become less and less relevant. His vision is now one of FFC simply being a production line of players for prospective buyers.......with their time in our team being nothing more than a brief showcase to the end game of a sale. There is simply going to be fewer and fewer reasons for supporters to stick with the club as they will have no connection to the club, and their hopes and fears for the season ahead won't be aligned with those running the business. God, the man has as good as said it, but is still in a place where has to feed the stock line about the BoD not being happy with performances. I think if he can sell our best players in January he will. I think if we were winning the league by a couple of points in January, he would sacrifice that in exchange for a sale. Promotion is no longer an aim.......if it happens at all, it'll be unexpected, because it simply isn't part of our strategy anymore.

MR, is adopting a completely different approach,

Your points and Matt's dovetail though. It's why I was really disappointed there wasn't more of a protest about the multiple Sevco cock-suckings. The die was cast when fans were willing to accept the club not declaring their Sevco vote with little more than a murmur of discontent.

As you will know, from the very first letter sent to fans following relegation (a relegation Craig and Ritchie were absolutely responsible for, with their appointments of May firstly, then even more unbelievably Pressley after him) the main focus from then on was on the drop in income and how unfair it was that Division One clubs earn so little.

I genuinely think there is little Ritchie wouldn't do for a quick buck. If a vote came up in the summer for Sevco to skip a league and join Div One, Ritchie would be all for it.

Obviously he wouldn't admit to it though, and most fans would shrug and say "ah well, it's as secret ballot... who are we to question the chairman?"

Edited by H_B

I know what you're saying here but if anyone was to offer us money for Duffie in January I'd be delighted. He's been absolutely fucking rank this season.

Yea, fair enough, but what kind of money though? £50k, £100k? (MR would cream himself at the latter IMO) and the prospect of Weatherston as a full-time replacement doesn't exactly fill me with confidence!

I'm concerned that we may start to turn against the wrong people. Yes Duffie has been poor this season, he's admitted as much himself and his performance on Saturday was woeful! Last season we were happy to dismiss many errors by the young players for the very reason that that's what they are - young and still learning! A few months doesn't make a lot of difference from that point of view and I feel that these laddies still deserve our support and encouragement. We've already had folk on who have been severely critical of Kingsley who I think has been our best defender, maybe best performer overall so far, and someone recently was on ranting about Sibbald saying he was the most 'overrated player in Scotland'! Overrated by whom exactly? A fair chunk of the Falkirk support possibly, although most of us I'm sure were realistic enough to know that a then 16 year old was going to have a significant dip in form at some point. The vast majority of Scottish football can't overrate him because they don't know who he is FFS! His contribution on Saturday was significant I felt. As per usual he wasn't involved as much as I would like but I thought that what he did do he did ok. I was pleasantly surprised by his tackling for example. He's obviously not the strongest in the tackle but his timing was great most of the time. He was more effective in the tackle than Murdo for example who's clearly a much stronger player.

IMO, with the exception of Kingsley, none of the younger guys have been as good as last season. That'll be down to a lot of reasons. The aforementioned expected form dips, the loss of a leader in the middle of the park (Millar) but, significantly I think, SP's fucking about with formations and trying to put round pegs in square holes. He needs to realise that he's not the master tactician that he thinks he is and just let the individuals do what they're good at in a formation that is easier to get to grips with. David Weatherston at full back FFS!!

As I said at the start of the rant however, while some of the more senior players maybe deserve a kick up the erse, we need to keep encouraging the younger players or they may just retreat completely into their shells!

it's a fine line - I think most would agree with your viewpoint Shagger that the team, especially the young players, need support. However, many are increasingly anti-Pressley and the recent Sevco debacle has lost any support the Board had. How do you vocalise that?

it's a fine line - I think most would agree with your viewpoint Shagger that the team, especially the young players, need support. However, many are increasingly anti-Pressley and the recent Sevco debacle has lost any support the Board had. How do you vocalise that?

I think we can all be very vocal when the occasion requires. Did you hear the shout at the Hamilton fans to stop their moaning at the end of the game on Saturday? Feck me - voice like a fecking fog horn. I'm sure it could have been heard in Motherwell!

Don't shout at the players, well not the laddies anyway, unless it's shouts of encouragement. Shout instead at the BOD in particular because of the apparent pandering to Sevco although, unless they're blind, deaf and stupid, they surely already know what our feelings are! Also, Duncan Freemason said earlier that he thinks that Ritchie's main aim now is to simply produce players with the sole aim of selling them rather than using them, at least for a significant time, to strengthen the team. I agree with him and, again, I think we need to let Ritchie know that we're not happy with that as a future strategy.

The Presley situation I feel is rather more delicate though. Most folk didn't want him to start with although I couldn't quite work out why and I was reasonably happy with the appointment at the time. He then proceeded to make a bit of a dick of himself on a few occasions and the football wasn't great. As we all know though things did improve, at least to a point and I think he did a reasonable job with the resources available last season. This season's been pish of course and I don't see any improvement to come unless he changes his formation and tactics. The concern however is that, the more we boo, shout abuse etc, the more he'll dig his heels in (what the f**k is it with football managers) and the decline will intensify and affect the young players even more. Not very sure if shouts from the stands asking for change without any abuse involved would work but I think that's what we need to do to see changes made.

It's looking like a sad state of affairs for Falkirk at the moment. If they manage to avoid the play offs with the team they have then Pressley should have a stand named after him. Woeful.

How the hell any player signs for Hearts, Killie and Dunfermline is beyond me.

3 clubs that are ticking timebombs of financial mess.

The rules are getting tightened all the time around administration and now liquidation, best hurry up and get it out the way before the SFA go full hog with these clubs.

The Presley situation I feel is rather more delicate though. Most folk didn't want him to start with although I couldn't quite work out why and I was reasonably happy with the appointment at the time. He then proceeded to make a bit of a dick of himself on a few occasions and the football wasn't great. As we all know though things did improve, at least to a point and I think he did a reasonable job with the resources available last season. This season's been pish of course and I don't see any improvement to come unless he changes his formation and tactics. The concern however is that, the more we boo, shout abuse etc, the more he'll dig his heels in (what the f**k is it with football managers) and the decline will intensify and affect the young players even more. Not very sure if shouts from the stands asking for change without any abuse involved would work but I think that's what we need to do to see changes made.

Like him or loathe him as a player - and very much the latter for me - one thing about Pressley's time as captain at Tynecastle I reluctantly had to admit was the drive and commitment he instilled in their team, and the pace at which Hearts played; he constantly gee'd them on to be direct, aggressive, and pressurising the opposition; and playing with pace when on the ball, and their movement off the ball. Stuff like that, y'know... the stuff that makes it entertaining to watch.

All in all, the exact polar opposite of how he sets us out now he's a manager. That's the real problem for me. As many have said already - win or lose, at the very least let's see the effort. Change the tactics; change the formation; and change the attitude. The young lads will get a bit of slack from the fans if there's something - anything - to indicate that Pressley's increasingly unjustifiable mantra of progress had any real substance. The first 6 months of last season look more and more like a fluke; its been painful to watch us deteriorate so badly under his stewardship. I just don't get how he thinks he's making progress. We're clearly not, and although we do have some genuinely decent players we're clearly toiling this season.

The Sevco debacle and our BOD's sucking at their teats is the biggest embarrassment in all my years as a Bairn, but Pressley appearing to be intent on coaching out the evident talent from the likes of Sibbald, Duffie and Murdoch, forcing them to conform with his square-ba', half-paced, one-dimensional 'meister-plan', is criminal.

Not happy.

Like him or loathe him as a player - and very much the latter for me - one thing about Pressley's time as captain at Tynecastle I reluctantly had to admit was the drive and commitment he instilled in their team, and the pace at which Hearts played; he constantly gee'd them on to be direct, aggressive, and pressurising the opposition; and playing with pace when on the ball, and their movement off the ball. Stuff like that, y'know... the stuff that makes it entertaining to watch.

All in all, the exact polar opposite of how he sets us out now he's a manager. That's the real problem for me. As many have said already - win or lose, at the very least let's see the effort. Change the tactics; change the formation; and change the attitude. The young lads will get a bit of slack from the fans if there's something - anything - to indicate that Pressley's increasingly unjustifiable mantra of progress had any real substance. The first 6 months of last season look more and more like a fluke; its been painful to watch us deteriorate so badly under his stewardship. I just don't get how he thinks he's making progress. We're clearly not, and although we do have some genuinely decent players we're clearly toiling this season.

The Sevco debacle and our BOD's sucking at their teats is the biggest embarrassment in all my years as a Bairn, but Pressley appearing to be intent on coaching out the evident talent from the likes of Sibbald, Duffie and Murdoch, forcing them to conform with his square-ba', half-paced, one-dimensional 'meister-plan', is criminal.

Not happy.