The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I agree.   Only here because Falkirk has been a major part of my life since the early 70's.  We should be able to have whatever opinions we have.  Let's all try and get on.  COYB

we're all on the same side, sure it's ok to disagree about things, but we should save the f you's, get tae f's and such for the punters who don't follow this great club.

I wouldn't be a Bairn if I didn't want them to win every game, even meaningless friendlies and then be disappointed when we don't.  I know the game didn't really matter tonight, but every time 11 guys pull on a Falkirk shirt I want them to win, even though I know that's not always going to happen.  Sometimes passion gets in the way of rationality.  Hence "Long Suffering Bairn".  Peace.

Personally I’m not worried by losing 2-0 to the best team outside the English leagues in Wales (well if Oswestry was actually in Wales).
I also didn’t hear the commentary, but if we were struggling to even get out of our own half or create anything it’s a little disconcerting, even at this stage.
However, agree with most, its early days and hopefully we will come good over the next month or so....

Quick question about paying up the season ticket in instalments. Can’t seem to see anything online re this, I presume it’s still an option.
Also if so, anyone know how much you end up paying a month with interest?

No interest added, just 6 monthly instalments via standing order with the first paid on the day. Can only do it in the shop though.

I don't buy the "not been in training long" excuse.  Any other profession is expected to  perform to a standard, regardless if they have been out for a few weeks.   I get that it will take a while for them to gel together, but football isn't rocket science, a footballer, if fit, should be able to put in a decent shift.  That said, I'm a tiny bit frustrated I wasted a couple of hours of my day off listening to the game.   COYB

Your posts are brutal!

Have ever played football at amateur or even semi pro level? If you have, you might actually think about what you say before letting the verbal diarrhoea flow freely from your gub.

1 minute ago, glasgow_bairn said:

Your posts are brutal!

Have ever played football at amateur or even semi pro level? If you have, you might actually think about what you say before letting the verbal diarrhoea flow freely from your gub.

Calm down.  You disagree with me, that's fine.  That does not mean shite is coming out of my mouth, like you say.  

I was pretty calm, in fact I still am.

But claiming that you’re worried about the squad after 1 meaningless friendly is ludicrous enough then to say that players should be fit enough to jump back into matches. You have a full time athlete, even taking 2-3 weeks out and it a completely different ball game in terms of general fitness.

But claiming that you’re worried about the squad after 1 meaningless friendly is ludicrous enough then to say that players should be fit enough to jump back into matches. You have a full time athlete, even taking 2-3 weeks out and it a completely different ball game in terms of general fitness.

It’s an alias bro chill out.

1 minute ago, glasgow_bairn said:

I didn't say I was worried about the squad, in fact, I have never been more excited about a season as this one due to the signings we have made.  I said I hope the performance tonight didn't indicate what might happen in the coming season.   I did say I know it will take them a while to gel together.  Forgive me for hoping coming performances get better than this one.   I wouldn't say that was "brutal".   No need to attack.  We are all Bairns,  COYB

Right the last few pages on here have been brutal so from this point on, no one on here is allowed to disagree with anyone else about anything.

Anyone who does can f**k off straight into the sea.

Happy with the new rules? Doesn't matter your not allowed to disagree.

Right the last few pages on here have been brutal so from this point on, no one on here is allowed to disagree with anyone else about anything.

Anyone who does can f**k off straight into the sea.

Happy with the new rules? Doesn't matter your not allowed to disagree.

Think if you apply that rule the next few pages might be even more brutal tbh.....

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I don't buy the "not been in training long" excuse.  Any other profession is expected to  perform to a standard, regardless if they have been out for a few weeks.   I get that it will take a while for them to gel together, but football isn't rocket science, a footballer, if fit, should be able to put in a decent shift.  That said, I'm a tiny bit frustrated I wasted a couple of hours of my day off listening to the game.   COYB

I hope to be the last poster to respond to this numbskull/troll. It was a training match against decent opposition to prepare them for a Champions League Qualifier ffs!

Just now, welshbairn said:

I hope to be the last poster to respond to this numbskull/troll. It was a training match against decent opposition to prepare them for a Champions League Qualifier ffs!

Here we go again.  I an not a troll or a numbskull.  There is no need to make personal attacks.