The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Long suffering Bairn can’t be a middle aged woman because she calls players by their last name. Alias outed.

Long suffering could be dscribed of my dad who was too young to see the team win the cup in 57 and had to wait till 97 to see us do anything meaningful in a cup, he did talk wistfully about the team that beat Hibs in the quarters of the league Cup before losing to Partick in the semi final. I have been lucky my first season going regularly was the Duffy last day at Forfar season and seen Stainrod, Latapy, and Crunchie and Cadette and 3 Scottish Cup finals. The last 30 years have been incredible when taken in context of our post war history. 

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

Turned it off commentator was doing my nut in spent more time talking about irrelevant sh*t than the football.

I thought they had a closed doors game agains Newport County when they were in Wales  ?

I want Falkirk to win every game of football they play. Friendlies,diddy cup, Stirlingshire cup and even youth football. It always gives me a buzz. But this season we should be ready to wait a bit as I can't remember when we last had so many players new to the league. Last year we had the usual jobbers and we knew them and they were well aware of how their colleagues played as they probably had played against us regularly. This year is different. I very much doubt if Dallison, Harrison, Brophy , Lewis or TOE were aware of many of the teams in the Championship last season and definitely would not know a thing about Alloa or Ayr. It will be a steep learning curve and I don't see a blistering start

From what i read last night its not so much a comment but the way i think it was put, It just seems like some posters dont like Hartley whether its they way some players were ejected from the club last season or they just dont like the guy for no apparent reason.  I still think Hartley could win the league the Irn Bru cup the Scottish Cup and there would still be folk calling the guy down.

Bit of perspective though we all want to win every game but the fact is we have more or less an entire new team some players are adapting to different playing style some are making a move from playing part time to full time.  It was a meaning less friendly and if you basing a season on one meaningless friendly then you need to have a word with yourself

You see, I’m not really seeing that on this forum.
I think the very vast majority on here are behind Hartley. The difference is that there’s different degrees of support. Most are totally committed and have even changed avatars as a sign of respect. Which, to me, is really positive and laudable.
However I am still in the camp that’s supportive but there’s still a bit of caution re the strategy of a complete overhaul and bringing in so many unknowns.
Looking forward to being totally convinced in coming weeks though....

You see, I’m not really seeing that on this forum.
I think the very vast majority on here are behind Hartley. The difference is that there’s different degrees of support. Most are totally committed and have even changed avatars as a sign of respect. Which, to me, is really positive and laudable.
However I am still in the camp that’s supportive but there’s still a bit of caution re the strategy of a complete overhaul and bringing in so many unknowns.
Looking forward to being totally convinced in coming weeks though....
Just get the avatar changed. You will feel the optimism flowing through and around you.

Where Pressley was right, was when he spoke about a positive attitude that is perhaps a few notches above what could be defined as “realistic”.

He said “What’s the worst that can happen. You get a bit of egg on your face but so what”?

In our case, what’s the worst that will happen? We fail to win the league. We lose a bunch of football matches. Precious few (if any) will have their lives wrecked by it. Their will be the usual schaudenfreude from the usual suspects....but so what?

So aye, let’s be positive and supportive beyond what a pragmatist would say was sensible. The thing is, behind that positivety (for just about everyone) is a healthy understanding of what reality actually is. We get it.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Where Pressley was right, was when he spoke about a positive attitude that is perhaps a few notches above what could be defined as “realistic”.

He said “What’s the worst that can happen. You get a bit of egg on your face but so what”?

In our case, what’s the worst that will happen? We fail to win the league. We lose a bunch of football matches. Precious few (if any) will have their lives wrecked by it. Their will be the usual schaudenfreude from the usual suspects....but so what?

So aye, let’s be positive and supportive beyond what a pragmatist would say was sensible. The thing is, behind that positivety (for just about everyone) is a healthy understanding of what reality actually is. We get it.

Agree on that one Pressley was trying to install a positive mindset in struggling team , am all for optimism f**k i even was open to Harris being a half decent player and giving the lad a chance when he joined (last time i do that again..lol).  

It has been an exciting few weeks and fair play to BB for the way he has been teasing with the  twitter with the signings and the announcements as its made a close season a bit exciting,  I think the last time we had as much in the way of wholesale changes to the team was the season when McCall took over and then we finished the season with Yogi and Owen Coyle and promotion the relegation that never was season if i mind right (thank you airdrieonians).  I do think there are some posters that have spent so much time on one f all they can do is moan about the club and try to bring it onto here.

Looking forward to Wednesday and the Aberdeen friendly

29 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Agree on that one Pressley was trying to install a positive mindset in struggling team , am all for optimism f**k i even was open to Harris being a half decent player and giving the lad a chance when he joined (last time i do that again..lol).  

It has been an exciting few weeks and fair play to BB for the way he has been teasing with the  twitter with the signings and the announcements as its made a close season a bit exciting,  I think the last time we had as much in the way of wholesale changes to the team was the season when McCall took over and then we finished the season with Yogi and Owen Coyle and promotion the relegation that never was season if i mind right (thank you airdrieonians).  I do think there are some posters that have spent so much time on one f all they can do is moan about the club and try to bring it onto here.

Looking forward to Wednesday and the Aberdeen friendly

We don't talk about that place..say it to often and the regulars will turn up.

d4720742efb50e6cdf6270abe92cea9e--lurch-scary-monsters.jpg

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Squad player sort then? Can he play full-back?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

No. He is a nightmare with the ball at his feet

Squad player, tackle then hoof kinda guy. He'll do a job, but count on having three centre halfs ahead of him in the lists.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

No. He is a nightmare with the ball at his feet

No nonsense central defender then m9?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

No he gets up to plenty if nonsense. Mid level Championship is his level.

• He should be a good fit this season then...:green

Just now, jagfox99 said:

If you're setting up to play like a 90s Dunfermline with balls coming down almost vertically onto your forwards heads, then he might be the guy for you. If you want to play out from the back, not so much.