The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Steven Mill Out said:

In fairness, that tweet is only a couple 'We go again's from being an absolute shambles. Unless there is some sort of personal achievement accomplished on the day, players shouldn't be tweeting about the game when we lose imo.

There was a personal achievement involved in this one though.

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There was a personal achievement involved in this one though.

Aye, probably could've done with wording that post better. Not too bothered about the kind of posts after a player makes his debut/reaches a goal landmark, it's more about the generic tweets after a loss. Fans excellent on the day/we go again/not the result we were after and things along those lines are the ones that annoy me slightly.

Jesus, the way things are right now, we should we grateful he cares. Why shouldn't he be delighted with his first professional goal? It's not like he describes it as the be all and end all. "I scored but we lost. Who fucking cares, I got the goal?" is NOT what he tweeted.

16 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Now at 20-1 to win the league. 

Diddy cup or not tonight gives Hartley chance to change the system which is a MUST. Personnel change required too. What he's tried so far just hasn't worked.

I reckon he'll use tonight to try out a new cunning plan. Stick a right back and left back in maybe even a couple of strikers. Bit out the box I know but worth a go in our current predicament.

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's Ayr signed Liam Smith on a permanent deal, won the league with St Mirren as their first choice right back last season. We're still playing Muirhead there. Surely that one would've made more sense rather than Russell? 

I'd have taken Smith in an instant, exactly what we're after.

Two separate managers playing Muirhead at right back baffles me to no end. There's no denying that he's a decent centre back at this level but he simply isn't good enough at RB. Managers must like him because he never hides and is always looking for the ball but he just launches it to nowhere.

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's Ayr signed Liam Smith on a permanent deal, won the league with St Mirren as their first choice right back last season. We're still playing Muirhead there. Surely that one would've made more sense rather than Russell? 

That would be too sensible. 3 left backs and no out and out right back is fucking unreal. 

Russell is probably a decent signing to be fair but he's just another signing made after he realized he has fucked up and signed shit. That's probably 3 of those signings now :lol: 

It wasn't helped by Louis Longridge playing at the top of Dunfermline's midfield triangle. Longridge showed some intelligent movement in front of County's defence and would often pull wide to find space - when the full-backs were meant to provide the width it gave him plenty space to operate in. He's got a lovely touch, can operate in tight areas and had a smashing finish - I had no idea he was that good a number 10 at this level.
The above comment is about Longridge performance on Sat from an opposition fan ! Why is he not still playing for us with his brother at RB ?

50 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Another decent Scottish  player up for grabs whilst we sign complete numpties from down south and left backs by the barrowload  He's exactly the type of player we're crying out for for christs sake.  Signing him after he impressed with St Mirren should've been a complete no brainer  even for a complete no brainer of a manager.

He was offered a deal and turned it down.
In hindsight, whatever it was he wanted, we should have given, because we are now largely bereft of creativity. But at the time PH obviously thought he would be a squad player.
That's just the point though. Loads of fans slated the players we had and wanted rid of them. I now see the same fans saying what we have now is shit and we should have kept what we had.

It's like we're damned if we do and damned if we don't!

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Now at 20-1 to win the league. 

Diddy cup or not tonight gives Hartley chance to change the system which is a MUST. Personnel change required too. What he's tried so far just hasn't worked.

It's a personality change we need because Hartley is just too damn stubborn to change the way he's doing it. Reckon even if he was chased home ala Lambie he would come in the next day and play four centre halfs. 

6 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

What happens in the next round when Rangers reserve teams gets through, how do they keep them apart from the big team? 

Has anyone at the SFA spfl actually thought it through? 

:unsure2:

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

That's just the point though. Loads of fans slated the players we had and wanted rid of them. I now see the same fans saying what we have now is shit and we should have kept what we had.

It's like we're damned if we do and damned if we don't!

I think you have a point here. I wasnt bothered at all by Longridge, Austin and co leaving. Sibbald and Jake were the only ones I was gutted about. Even Nelson I was a bit meh about 

But I thought we'd replace them with better. 

How wrong can you be? Bite your airms off for Longridge back. f**k I'd even take Tumilty. That's how bad things are 

It's clearly an example of "be careful what you wish for" isn't it?

The vast majority of those players had to go. I don't think that's the issue, it's the fact they've been replaced by absolute turkeys (Petra, Turner, Sammut imo), or the formation is so bad it's making what talent we have look dreadful and unbalanced.

I think the recruitment was always a risk, but I was happy to go with PH's judgement as he largely got it right last season.

But the regression in his tactics and selections this year is utterly baffling.